Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

Since we have a weight something here:

Since I started a CICO based diet. Last post 8 days ago:

77.7kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (39.5%)
16.55kg fat (21.3%)
6.22kg visceral fat (8%)

Today's stats:

76.1kg total weight (-1.6kg)
30.28kg muscle (39.8%) (-0.41kg)
15.44kg fat (20.3%) (-1.11kg)
5.3kg visceral fat (7%) (-0.98kg)

Still goal:
71kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (43.2%)
9.85kg fat (13.8%)
6.22kg visceral fat (8.7%)

Likeliness to achieve overall goals getting to that weight: unlikely. Lost more visceral fat than expected already. Lost some muscle. Lost some fat as well. All in all the goal is to get down to 10kg fat for me mostly now. In 8 days that's significant progress IMO.

Edit: this is weight tax :colbert:

So what you're saying is you're like 4" tall

fatso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The worst thing this thread ever did is tempt me into entering a golden corral.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So what you're saying is you're like 4" tall

fatso

I'm more like 5"8' but yeah 4" also works well alright

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Parallelwoody posted:

The worst thing this thread ever did is tempt me into entering a golden corral.

I did once. I had never been and had no idea of the reputation. The smell coming off these people was insane. Its a place for poor people who don't shower.

Luckily I was wearing scrubs and had piss on me so I fit in just fine.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I miss the fat thread :(

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Everyone shut the gently caress up about trump for god sake, talk about something less horrible like arse cancer or dying alone in an empty room.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

darkarchon posted:

some numbers

here's a fat cat

no wait, no politichat, here's a fat dogge instead

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

toanoradian posted:

here's a fat cat

no wait, no politichat, here's a fat dogge instead

He's not fat. He's american standard size.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Thread title owns.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nah, Daikatana was just 10 years too early.
Star Citizen is 30 years too early.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Are we mocking fat people again? Because I'd really like to dump on some slob who can't resist putting down the cheetoes, but I want to be sure that's a thing before I unlease my blog about it. But first it has to get past legal.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I can't wait to see what the guys at loverslab will be able to come to with the professional mod tools avaiable for SC.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Eldragon posted:

Are we mocking fat people again? Because I'd really like to dump on some slob who can't resist putting down the cheetoes, but I want to be sure that's a thing before I unlease my blog about it. But first it has to get past legal.

No, we're expressing sincere and heartfelt concern for their health

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Foo Diddley posted:

No, we're expressing sincere and heartfelt concern for their health

I cry irl about Ben.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I cry irl about Ben.

Are those tears come because you laugh too hard ?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Zzr posted:

I can't wait to see what the guys at loverslab will be able to come to with the professional mod tools avaiable for SC.

I thought you were talking lovers of slabs for a second

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I cry irl about Ben.

Crying sweet delicious tears of Krispy Kreme donut glaze

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thread's getting weird again.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I did this with a firend whose morbidly alcoholic, we went for some beers and then I bugged him to not drink too many beers and the abstinence kinda made him shake the wheel like it was a limp sock on the way home so we ahd a good laugh; then we drove by his ex-wife's house and he lay on the back seat while leavin some pretty cringey voice mail

1. it directly gave him experience of not quite sobriety but much of the time he's drunker than that I guess
2. as an activity with some amount of rigority (not like completely without liquor or he'd have said no) it makes him feel like he's got a few feet left to fall to hit rock bottom

and maybe next time I will ramp up the difficulty of my ""friend time"" from there but he's very self-conscious of his drinking so I don't wanna push it or he'll remember too much of it to want to go out again, anyway this is the best advice I got for some reason

My friend just died from this a day or so before last Christmas. He quite literally drank himself to death. In fact, the day we all staged and intervention and got him to agree to go to rehab, he had a bottle of vodka stashed in his bag and downed the whole thing in the back seat before we got him there. He died that night.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

MOOOOOOOOM THE STAR CITIZEN THREAD IS BEING WEIRD AGAIN

DapperDon posted:

My friend just died from this a day or so before last Christmas. He quite literally drank himself to death. In fact, the day we all staged and intervention and got him to agree to go to rehab, he had a bottle of vodka stashed in his bag and downed the whole thing in the back seat before we got him there. He died that night.

jesus christ, that is awful. I'm really sorry to hear about that.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DapperDon posted:

That sucks, addiction is a terrible thing.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

darkarchon posted:

77.7kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (39.5%)
16.55kg fat (21.3%)
6.22kg visceral fat (8%)

Today's stats:

76.1kg total weight (-1.6kg) [BMI 25.1]
5.3kg visceral fat (7%) (-0.92kg)

Still goal:
71kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (43.2%)
9.85kg fat (13.8%)

Likeliness to achieve overall goals getting to that weight: unlikely. Lost more visceral fat than expected already. Lost some muscle. Lost some fat as well. All in all the goal is to get down to 10kg fat for me mostly now. In 8 days that's significant progress IMO. Visceral fat is also very approximate since my scale only gives me full percentages unlike the other measurements.

How are you getting that weight analysis? Have you done a BCA scan?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

darkarchon posted:

I'm more like 5"8' but yeah 4" also works well alright

You are a wee little one. I wouldn't know what to do first if I met you. Pick you up and give you a big hug or throw you in the air and catch you. Perhaps both.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Propagandist posted:

MOOOOOOOOM THE STAR CITIZEN THREAD IS BEING WEIRD AGAIN

jesus christ, that is awful. I'm really sorry to hear about that.

Thanks. It's still hard because his house is 3 down from mine and the first thing I see every loving day when I walk outside.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

DapperDon posted:

I'm really very sorry to hear that, that's terrible :(

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

darkarchon posted:

77.7kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (39.5%)
16.55kg fat (21.3%)
6.22kg visceral fat (8%)

Today's stats:

76.1kg total weight (-1.6kg) [BMI 25.1]
5.3kg visceral fat (7%) (-0.92kg)

Still goal:
71kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (43.2%)
9.85kg fat (13.8%)

Likeliness to achieve overall goals getting to that weight: unlikely. Lost more visceral fat than expected already. Lost some muscle. Lost some fat as well. All in all the goal is to get down to 10kg fat for me mostly now. In 8 days that's significant progress IMO. Visceral fat is also very approximate since my scale only gives me full percentages unlike the other measurements.

Hey man thanks for sharing. It seems like you're tackling this thing head on. I really applaud your approach to this.

If anyone else is interested, but doesn't quite know how to start, I recommend something called MyFitnessPal, which is an app you can download on your phone. It just lets you log your food each day, recording the calories you eat. I thought it was pretty stupid initially but it was really eye opening how many calories I was realistically eating. It'll take your health stats and tell you how many calories per day you need to eat to lose a lb or half a lb a week, or even just to stay the same weight. And you can log your weight and it gives you a nice little simple chart of your progress. I'm 15 lbs down in 3 months, and not starving myself in the least.

And I get excited for walkies on weekends, since it gives me more calories to eat!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sandweed posted:

That sucks, addiction is a terrible thing.

It really is. He had been fighting that for longer than I have been alive. He was in his 60's and it got so bad he was completely yellow from the jaundice due to liver failure. He could not function without being drunk. We all tried very hard to help but realized in the end he was not strong enough for himself. It was sad that the first time I met his son and grandson were at the funeral. I had known that old pirate for half a decade and he was one of the finest boat captains and fishermen I had ever met. FFS he was the one that taught me how to drive my own goddamned boat and my son loved him like the grandfather he never had. I still haven't told him what happened yet.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I'm really very sorry to hear that, that's terrible :(

Thanks. It get's better a little more every day.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wonder what ships Donald Trump has?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
To any fat goons who wanna un-fat, I recommend the weight loss thread in YLLS, it helped me shed 65 lbs a couple years ago and maintain my goal weight thereafter. Good advice, not too much arguing and lots of support

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803724

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Meltdowns are passé now it's time for dressing-down

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Also there are literal tons of idiots who stand too close to you in lines or are pathologically fat or whine about their access to females because they never "suffered" the societal pressure to behave in any other way.

Went to see Henry Rollins last week do spoken word. He was awesome, but there is literally no way, in the modern day and age, that the audience members - who paid for their loving tickets - didn't have access to running water and deodorant.

I'm no Agent Smith, but the sheer meaty funk of all the people was amazing. I know they say that Punk is dead, but it shouldn't smell like that.

I'm someone who likes to help people, and occasionally this means handing over a breath mint (and get a dentists visit), but goddamn are some people bad at adulting.

You can help some people, but there are others that stop mentally growing at some point and never get the flashing neon sign that the opposite sex doesn't want to smell your armpits across a room.

I've generally lost weight when I've started to get out of breath doing things, but also because my family has poo poo genes for cholesterol; You are your parents and grandparents, what they had, you could have, and three of mine had bad hearts.

I smoked for years and didn't really like it. Quit a couple of times, but always went back. Finally got some Chantix, and boy, that poo poo is mental. Vivid and terrifying dreams, mood swings, but you simply put the cigarettes down. Finally, you get to the point where you don't want to go through Chantix again, so you stay off them. It's like a really bonkers aversion therapy.

Truga posted:

I just hope he can't do too much damage, US was starting to become a real nice place to be, what with gay marriage and slightly more normal drug laws recently.

Word. I'm going to start with a bunch of sarcasm and phonecalls and steadily metastasize into being annoying in person.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Now please move on from politichat before I say "star citizen is good" and trigger a 10 page derail.

:master:

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Was there an article or write-up that explained the various games of the Chris Roberts franchise and how he wasn't directly tied to all of them?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

giving people poo poo over being shitlords isn't being on a high horse, it's telling the truth
True for values of "being shitlords" = "weighting more than I aprove or doing something I don't enjoy"

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I like how SurfaceDetail single-handedly proved fyad's kind of got a point
Well done commando

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

spacetoaster posted:

I wonder what ships Donald Trump has?
How many of SC ships are manufactured in the U S of A?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Ayn Marx posted:

Well done commando

She actually did trigger a derail, but without even mentioning that SC is good

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ayn Marx posted:

Well done commando

What's FYADs point, that we're obsessional? Or just easily trolled?

Neither of them really need throwing into _sharp_ relief.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Marching Powder Tells you the thread meta. I Show you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress up about trump for god sake, talk about something less horrible like arse cancer or dying alone in an empty room.

My goto is freezing to death in a Portland, OR parking garage, like someone did recently.