Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

feigning interest posted:

sam is the new opie

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

feigning interest posted:

sam is the new opie, time is a flat circle, etc

I don't want this to be true but I think it may be. If not now, someday soon..

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't want this to be true but I think it may be. If not now, someday soon..

Give him a couple years with children.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

well let me know if opie goes insane or something today because of faction talk branding happening. this show is absolute trash and I can't stand to listen to it any more.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

well let me know if opie goes insane or something today because of faction talk branding happening. this show is absolute trash and I can't stand to listen to it any more.

Nah, his show is good today. He's got Vinnie from the Jersey Shore on and Craig Gass and Sherrod are asking him a thousand questions about banging chicks. Other stuff too but it keeps coming back to banging chicks. They also did a ranked list of who Vinnie thought was the dumbest on the show.

As far as I heard in the first hour or so, no mention of the branding change. My biggest beef with it is that they took away Sam and Jim for the time I normally listen, 11-2. Now I'll have much less in the way of chances to listen to the show since I don't start my driving job until around 11 if I work during the day, which I do more than I work at night. Lame.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I'm just happy to have more music back on faction instead of Ellis.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

stealie72 posted:

I'm just happy to have more music back on faction instead of Ellis.

Same.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653xlYyjKKw

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Opie still believes he has any impact Howard Stern's life. And he won't promote the name of the channel that he's on because it hurts his feelings. :allears:

What's the Joe Matarese drama?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Joe had Jimmy, Anthony and Artie on for a podcast comedy event, and he was upset that those three basically took over and hogged the spotlight. It's fairly pathetic. Today he was on J&S talking about it and basically showed that he's Opie, right down to "so many years in the biz" and whatnot, completely missing the point and failing to redeem himself.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Ah, I'm watching that event now and it's great. Ant + Jim + Artie is a dream team.

What did he expect bringing them in?

e: he really is acting like Opie. Can't just sit back and enjoy comedians being funnier than him.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 25, 2017

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

jerkstoresup posted:

e: he really is acting like Opie. Can't just sit back and enjoy comedians being funnier than him.

To the point Ant called him out on it 31 minutes in.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Opie's complete lack of self awareness is quite impressive. (Check his twitter.) At this point I don't think anyone worth their salt would look down on Jim for completely nuking the bridge. The time for passive agressive pot shots has passed.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can someone post links to those clips of voice-modified opie where he's all squeaky voiced? Not sure what they're called so I dunno how to look them up, thanks

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stokes posted:

Opie's complete lack of self awareness is quite impressive. (Check his twitter.) At this point I don't think anyone worth their salt would look down on Jim for completely nuking the bridge. The time for passive agressive pot shots has passed.

What did Jimmy say?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stokes posted:

but he has facts told to him from the guys down the hall!

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

beep by grandpa posted:

What did Jimmy say?

Here's Opie's tweets from today

Today Jimmy said "can you imagine uploading videos that constantly get disliked"? https://vid.me/JfgV

he tweeted the definition of "narcissism" https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/824287485295476736

and a picture of a mirror https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/824326996293517324

and in this clip he just clarifies the things that Opie said yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZfrt_7y4Y

Drama is always fun but that's probably as heated as it will get for now. The much anticipated Jimmy exploding is still laying in wait.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jimmy is a good boy. I was listening to the first half of that Fixin Jim show where it's him, Artie Lange and Ant and really it's great so far.

Anthony gets introduced and said he got a speeding ticket on his way in- doing 100 in a 50. Then Jimmy comes out and the first thing he says is "I figured you'd be caught doing 55 in a 12" dvd brought the whole place down. It's a must-listen.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How many times does Opie have to metaphorically say "gently caress You" for Jimmy to finally drop something real. All this bickering between tits & the worm is embarrassing and makes me think there isn't anything beyond this feud other than two grown men being massive poo poo diapered piss boys. OOHHH the Howard Hallway Prank of 2011, holy FUUUCk!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What kind of a thing do you expect him to drop?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

jyrka posted:

What kind of a thing do you expect him to drop?

he always hints like he has a bunch of poo poo he could drop. he probably never will tho so we have to put up with this teenage bullshit

maybe ope hosed sue lightning too who knows

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I figure it's just a bunch of "this guy was a pain in the rear end to work with because of __________" stories like Ant's Greggshells show, not really some huge megaton secret thing.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/JimNorton/status/824389438843273216

Amazing.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

It's goddamn art.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
I wish he were that funny on his radio show.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
This is great.

Also, he's very Gollum-like.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is he really blaming Jimmy for doing the radio show for money? Does he think comedy is just some sort of hobby for Jimmy?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Is he really blaming Jimmy for doing the radio show for money? Does he think comedy is just some sort of hobby for Jimmy?

I'm pretty sure I remember at the time when people were criticizing them for not quitting when Anthony got fired that they both said the main reason they stayed was because of the money. Opie is being pretty loving hypocritical (surprise surprise) by tweeting that stupid remark.

E: Hell, the only reason Opie stays around now is because of the money. As much as he likes to say that he has better prospects outside of satellite radio besides a podcast, he's pretty much fooling himself. At the very least, Ant will always have his alt-rightish fans to fall back on (not saying that all of his fans are that extreme, but that's obviously the core of his fan base). Who does Opie have in enough numbers to do the same (without partnering up with Anthony again)?

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 26, 2017

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Without the company behind him or Jim and Ant to back him up, the man is just Scorch with less hair.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

The other day, I listened to the Opie show for the first time in a long time, and he's still doing all the very annoying poo poo he's always done: high-pitched voice, making every single conversation about himself, contributing no jokes, struggling to pronounce things / intentionally mispronouncing things for some reason, tagging every semi-decent comedian's line with "......fawwkin' [comedian's name]". He is truly awful. That he has the gall to insult Jimmy's on-air presence makes him one of the last self-aware human beings in existence.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ozza posted:

The other day, I listened to the Opie show for the first time in a long time, and he's still doing all the very annoying poo poo he's always done: high-pitched voice, making every single conversation about himself, contributing no jokes, struggling to pronounce things / intentionally mispronouncing things for some reason, tagging every semi-decent comedian's line with "......fawwkin' [comedian's name]". He is truly awful. That he has the gall to insult Jimmy's on-air presence makes him one of the last self-aware human beings in existence.

I'm just guessing that this new radio war bullshit is because Opie feels he's being forgotten and is absolutely right.

pentfixion
May 23, 2016

WULKAMANIA WILL NEVER DIE
Remember when Opie insisted that Rob Schneider's sitcom was called iRob?

one of my favorite "holy gently caress I hate Opie" moments

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
post good o&a bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYETCpcBfM

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

The other day, I listened to the Opie show for the first time in a long time, and he's still doing all the very annoying poo poo he's always
HOLD OONNNN I NEED TO SAY THIS HOLLD OONNNN

I had a nice breakfast today

okay go

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Lovechop posted:

post good o&a bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0bKEpQnIRA

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Detective Hargis, LOL

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Niwrad posted:

Hey man. Raqio is a faaahhkin skillset. Ope's been doin' it since he was 18.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

empty baggie posted:

E: Hell, the only reason Opie stays around now is because of the money. As much as he likes to say that he has better prospects outside of satellite radio besides a podcast, he's pretty much fooling himself. At the very least, Ant will always have his alt-rightish fans to fall back on (not saying that all of his fans are that extreme, but that's obviously the core of his fan base). Who does Opie have in enough numbers to do the same (without partnering up with Anthony again)?

It's clear that what Opie wants right now is a show on FM radio in New York, with him and his guys, at the rate FM stations paid back in the day. Those days of terrestrial radio 7 figure contracts are done. Sirius XM can probably pay better than any of them, so Opie stays with Sirius XM, signing short term deals hoping that an FM will call and beat Sirius XM's rate all the way up to the last minute of the deal.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Kevyn posted:

post good o&a bits

One of my favorites, and also topical to FM shows on NY terrestrial radio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5-3XLJznXs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

Detective Hargis, LOL

sure

• Locked thread