Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Prude posted:

Uh could you not quote me in "bad faith" please, I was trying to have a serious moment in here before, but after the cold reception I've been leaving it well enough alone.

It would only be bad faith if I was trying to argue with you. I only wanted to draw more attention to how bad your posting is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Talmonis posted:

Like I said before, the Trumpstaffel are getting what they want. Next is likely going to be the Feminism thread.

The OP of that thread have.been talking and she wants it moved here because she believes in my no-nonsense moderation. Frankly I don't blame her.

Oh wait I thought Trumpenstaffel liked no-nonsense authoritarian figures? I guess only when they're white and male.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Skin audits when?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 20, 2017

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Pollyanna posted:

Uh, is it just me or is this kinda...horrifying?

Dexo posted:

This was probably the intention all along, but whatever. Should be interesting

Agreed on both points. I'm not trying to be conspiratorial but it seems like this is something meant to drown the thread out with the louder voices from around the forums. I hope everything works out for the best because this thread and Misogynoir are educational and this unfortunate blacklash further illustrates how dire things are around here.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Koalas March posted:

You're acting like we asked for this

This was the logical endpoint of a thread dedicated entirely to "blackness" and just because people can see the absurdity of it writ large across the forum doesn't exactly give you license to be offended

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Takane posted:

Skin audits when?

Noon, today, eastern time. Take a pic with your hand on a paper bag with your forum name written on it.

it's a joke for those who are too dumb to post here but still do

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Vanderdeath posted:

Agreed on both points. I'm not trying to be conspiratorial but it seems like this is something meant to drown the thread out with the louder voices from around the forums. I hope everything works out for the best because this thread and Misogynoir are educational and this unfortunate blacklash further illustrates how dire things are around here.

I am thinking this is likely a pretext for utterly ending KM and everyone who wants this type of discussion to exist without interference from people who don't actually want to contribute. I'd like to be wrong, but we'll have to see.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

SealHammer posted:

This was the logical endpoint of a thread dedicated entirely to "blackness" and just because people can see the absurdity of it writ large across the forum doesn't exactly give you license to be offended

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Nice job engaging my ideas, bad faith shitposter 420 Gank Mid!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Koalas March posted:

Also we have been satirizing a lot of racism against black people and people are really salty about it because of white fragility and the fact we're on a comedy forum that recognizes neither irony or satire.

Man it's almost like it sucks to be profiled and targeted for something you have no control over? Oh wait nevermind, that's right no one is forcing them to come here and poo poo post.

I mean even without it being a joke, if you're dumb enough not to see the joke, you can take it as honestly saying hey, don't hate white people just because they're white, which I think is par for the course. Equal respect for respect given. That said if you're a total shithead, gently caress you.

"Hey you're a bit too outspoken in this thread"
"OK we'll make our own thread"
"Your thread is making adjacent threads uncomfortable"
"Ughhhhhhhhhh"
"I'm putting you in your own forum"
"OK fine whatever"
*THESE GUYS GET THEIR OWN FORUM? TIME TO REMEMBER TULSA"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Koalas March posted:

You're acting like we asked for this

I made some posts about this in QCS, my basic jist is that Negrotown was concieved on faulty foundation which invites mockery, which is a shame because there are insightful discussions, its just that toxic reactions from regulars and an unearned sense of authority seem to drive posters who should read that away. It would have been cool if it was made without the stench of USPOL.

Like, I think its equally problematic to declare a thread where posters get annoyed at political rappers being taken seriously or praise black gamers being given a silicon valley jackoff figure as the authority on blackness. Especially when a fair few minorities are involved in making jokes about the forum.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

For anyone interested, FYAD has been the best forum for minorities for like 10 years now. It had the first black moderator, first trans mod, first mentally disabled mod, etc. These days we're a majority Latin@ forum but we welcome everyone the same as long as you post well. But if you like to burn your wheels in the mud here in this embarrassing joke of a forum masquerading as a positive movement then I won't bother you any longer.

Just food for thought.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

SealHammer posted:

Hi, perhaps you're unaware that the concept of the thread and subforum was not actually the original idea of the posters and instead was created only as a response to the fact that when black issues came up in relation to other threads black posters could not actually talk about said issues and their own experiences without shitheads going at it with them and said shitheads not being dealt with properly! This context makes the way you're responding kind of come off a lot different than it would have if this were actually not more or less solely imposed by the powers that be.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

I made some posts about this in QCS, my basic jist is that Negrotown was concieved on faulty foundation which invites mockery, which is a shame because there are insightful discussions, its just that toxic reactions from regulars and an unearned sense of authority seem to drive posters who should read that away. It would have been cool if it was made without the stench of USPOL.

Like, I think its equally problematic to declare a thread where posters get annoyed at political rappers being taken seriously or praise black gamers being given a silicon valley jackoff figure as the authority on blackness. Especially when a fair few minorities are involved in making jokes about the forum.

Dude, take a step back, have a look at what's being done to this subforum, and realise that you're telling black posters 'this is your fault'. Tepidly defending a bunch of howling white supremacists is not a good place to be in.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Koalas March posted:

The OP of that thread have.been talking and she wants it moved here because she believes in my no-nonsense moderation. Frankly I don't blame her.

Oh wait I thought Trumpenstaffel liked no-nonsense authoritarian figures? I guess only when they're white and male.

They swarmed like the roaches they are the day after the election into D&D proper from GBS and TFR, crying to Lowtax about the Toxxes being taken back by ExMarx for Charity, up to and including making lists of names and hooting like loving apes while a large chunk of D&D were banned. Then they never left. They're here solely to cry about how "D&D is an Echo chamber!" to drive the remaining regulars out. They're the same people who cried to ExMarx about not being able to dogwhistle all day in USPol, resulting in the original Negrotown ghetto. Then when you became a Mod, "somehow" people were offended by getting sixers for drive by threadshits, and went crying to Lowtax yet again about you being a big meanie and D&D hiveminds. Apparently he's eating that poo poo up.

They got their goblin king, and now expect the world to stop calling out their bullshit as if anything has changed.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
i want to say i could be the token whitest IK but I am not only without enough free time the power would go to my large head and I would show them the truth of white cruelty is that it is happy to inflict itself upon all it surveys

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's really apparent how whites are so much more obsessed with black people more than the other way around. It's really creepy. I usually lurk but I'll love to see the sub forum cleaned up.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

For anyone interested, FYAD has been the best forum for minorities for like 10 years now. It had the first black moderator, first trans mod, first mentally disabled mod, etc. These days we're a majority Latin@ forum but we welcome everyone the same as long as you post well. But if you like to burn your wheels in the mud here in this embarrassing joke of a forum masquerading as a positive movement then I won't bother you any longer.

Just food for thought.

Sounds good, how do I start posting?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Dude, take a step back, have a look at what's being done to this subforum, and realise that you're telling black posters 'this is your fault'. Tepidly defending a bunch of howling white supremacists is not a good place to be in.

This is what I'm saying dude. Nobody is saying "take note, Black People". This is the issue with framing a thread with very specific politics as the broad central thread of black posters.

When has for example, Nutranurse or Commie Ned Flanders posted in this thread?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

Nobody is saying "take note, Black People".

Yet the message is loud and clear. From here to other forums elsewhere.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The funny thing is I actually loving agree that it was bullshit that the Hillary Toxxer's didn't get banned.

That is 100% pure bullshit.

Don't toxx if you aren't willing to take the L.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I really do like the thread at times, but its a big issue when an informative poster who makes a compelling effort post arguing against americans of any color appropriating arab history is as likely to get probated and treated as badly as anything actually involving bigotry.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

i want to say i could be the token whitest IK but I am not only without enough free time the power would go to my large head and I would show them the truth of white cruelty is that it is happy to inflict itself upon all it surveys

Look, I've already volunteered and I'm pretty sure I'm an even more boring white person than you are.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Hi, perhaps you're unaware that the concept of the thread and subforum was not actually the original idea of the posters and instead was created only as a response to the fact that when black issues came up in relation to other threads black posters could not actually talk about said issues and their own experiences without shitheads going at it with them and said shitheads not being dealt with properly! This context makes the way you're responding kind of come off a lot different than it would have if this were actually not more or less solely imposed by the powers that be.

The way you deal with shitheads in a debate is by out-debating them. I thought this was a given. Making an echo chamber because you don't know how to handle conflict is antithetical to the spirit of a discussion forum. If you don't take the bad with the good, your ideas trend in one direction and become incestuous rather quickly (see: US Democrat Primaries thread)

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Neurolimal posted:

I really do like the thread at times, but its a big issue when an informative poster who makes a compelling effort post arguing against americans of any color appropriating arab history is as likely to get probated and treated as badly as anything actually involving bigotry.

When did this ever happen?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dexo posted:

The funny thing is I actually loving agree that it was bullshit that the Hillary Toxxer's didn't get banned.

I took it and never complained. I even donated more money to RAINN after. I don't even get why that was such a big thing.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dexo posted:

I certainly ate a ban. Was a mod handing out free reregs to their friends or something?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

When did this ever happen?

Right before this thread was moved here? I'm not picking a topic out of the air, I'm referring to a specific moment that occured in the thread.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 20, 2017

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Dexo posted:

Oh sure, but the gleeful cheerleading and sucking of Lowtax's dick while it went on was repulsive.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Prude posted:

Never before have the forums had a subforum dedicated to a specific set of racial politics.

P. sure c-spam is a subforum dedicated to the racial politics of white middle class weedlords who didn't get their precious saint nominated

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Neurolimal posted:

Right before this thread was moved here? I'm not picking a topic out of the air, I'm referring to a specific moment that occured in the thread.

I was reading and posting in this thread as that happened, the last topic of discussion before the forums drama started was about how stupid it is that white people poo poo on black people for using the military as a way to get a college education. Not a single word about black people appropriating arab culture or whatever bullshit you're going on about.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Just food for thought.

This is nice and all but I've never seen a place for serious talks in FYAD, which is not a bad thing but the reason this is a problem at all is because the serious discussion people want to have isn't allowed to happen without getting poo poo on repeatedly. If one exists there though I'd be interested to see it if you don't mind.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Talmonis posted:

Like I said before, the Trumpstaffel are getting what they want. Next is likely going to be the Feminism thread.

IMO, move the feminism thread to Negrotown, that way the pearl clutching racists can freak out white women running off with the black posters.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My mistake. I thought something new and bad happened.

Just saying the posts explaining what happened will be heavily abbreviated and the whole story is real good. I can pm you later today if you're still interested

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I was reading and posting in this thread as that happened, the last topic of discussion before the forums drama started was about how stupid it is that white people poo poo on black people for using the military as a way to get a college education. Not a single word about black people appropriating arab culture or whatever bullshit you're going on about.

Go a little further back. It's really difficult to miss the multi-page chat about egypt and who "deserves" to claim Egypt's history. It got to a point where Blackguy32 was pleading for people to actually talk about black issues instead.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Chilichimp posted:

IMO, move the feminism thread to Negrotown, that way the pearl clutching racists can freak out white women running off with the black posters.

Negromancer's dream to white genocide the forums has survived him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SealHammer posted:

Can you next share your feeling about BET, Ebony, and the NAACP.

I'll hang up and listen.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

SealHammer posted:

The way you deal with shitheads in a debate is by out-debating them. I thought this was a given. Making an echo chamber because you don't know how to handle conflict is antithetical to the spirit of a discussion forum. If you don't take the bad with the good, your ideas trend in one direction and become incestuous rather quickly (see: US Democrat Primaries thread)

That would be true if people wandering into the thread weren't purposefully arguing in bad faith constantly. Debate is completely pointless when one party has their fingers in their ears going la la la.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

zegermans posted:

P. sure c-spam is a subforum dedicated to the racial politics of white middle class weedlords who didn't get their precious saint nominated

Now, I don't visit C-Spam but I'm pretty sure that they don't have a rule telling you that you'll get banned if you don't leave when one of these "white middle class weedlords" asks you to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Negromancer's dream to white genocide the forums has survived him.

Better fuckin' days with that wackadoo than this garbage.

Neurolimal posted:

Go a little further back. It's really difficult to miss the multi-page chat about egypt and who "deserves" to claim Egypt's history. It got to a point where Blackguy32 was pleading for people to actually talk about black issues instead.

That issue would actually be an interesting topic! Maybe not just in Negrotown catchall thread but yeah, I remember that as well.

• Locked thread