Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Who cares about east road? Only idiot scrubs go there and they aren't going to affect the outcome of a game anyway. We should be praising Wargaming for implementing idiot chutes to remove them from the battle.

same.

Yeah that'd be fine if the idiots weren't simultaneously loving up our matches. I can't use pubbies as retarded ablative armor if they're in a useless part of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Thoughts on the Swedish Leo tank? I'd been planning on keeping the top 75mm for the DPM and handling, but I gave the big gun a try last night and enjoyed it a lot more. Turns the tank into a faster T20 instead of a Comet. DPM is nice and all, but unless the enemy is hopelessly distracted I find it hard to use with the Leo since there's no chance of bouncing a shot. On the other hand, poking out over a ridge every 10 seconds to poo poo 300 damage onto someone is nice as it gives you time to become unspotted again.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Wth is a blitzen, why does it ruin everything in one clip, and why the hell did I come back to this drat game

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

When do the light tank changes hit? I want to get to the t49 before then so I can get a free skip to tier 9.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Wth is a blitzen, why does it ruin everything in one clip, and why the hell did I come back to this drat game

Something something reindeer.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Pidgin Englishman posted:

It's a painted MTLS-1G14 with its 400 clip potential, dumpable in a second, at Tier 3, that everyone got for free for logging onto Console WoT over the holiday.

It's got sufficiently good frontal armor that it can't pen itself square-on with AP reliably, and good luck with the 61 gold pen @ 8,000 silver a clip at Tier 5, but yeah, fun stuff.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This isn't cross platform with consoles right? Each has their own servers?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

This isn't cross platform with consoles right? Each has their own servers?

Correct. Also the Blitzen is really stupid, lets ruin low tier tanks even more by putting in tanks that instantly gib other tier III's.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
The US Sexton I was probably worse for the game, but at least you had to pay for that, and it instills the proper attitude toward arty in new players.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

When I started I was in staunch opposition of arty but now I find myself as an arty apologist/gamebreak denier.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm playing on console, the Blitzen/MTLS is okay for low tiers if you can do drivebys but any range hurts it having two guns to fire is fun though.
I just got my first BL-10 gun (ISU-152) and I'm kind of underwhelmed, when people say how good it is are they really referring to the later versions or am I just doing it wrong? It's entirely possible that it's the latter as I am kind of struggling to see where this is supposed to fight from though the armour and accuracy make me think second line, it probably doesn't help that I keep finding myself moving up, but not in a crazy aggressive way, and nobody is coming with me.
Also, going back to the Blitzen and other tanks with clips, is there anything I can do off the bat about the reload times?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

The ISU-152 platform is risky to be aggressive with before the late game, because you're only going to bounce things off your magnetic mantlet, and too often your huge 286 pen death pill is probably going to faceplant if you moved anytime recently. Eventually, though, you can just roll around one-shotting things if the game develops that way.

Vents help clips, and stack with BIA (and food if you're open-handed with your silver).

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I run vents, BiA, and food on my SU-152 and ISU-152. Splatting people every 13 or 14 seconds.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Darkrenown posted:

Thoughts on the Swedish Leo tank? I'd been planning on keeping the top 75mm for the DPM and handling, but I gave the big gun a try last night and enjoyed it a lot more. Turns the tank into a faster T20 instead of a Comet. DPM is nice and all, but unless the enemy is hopelessly distracted I find it hard to use with the Leo since there's no chance of bouncing a shot. On the other hand, poking out over a ridge every 10 seconds to poo poo 300 damage onto someone is nice as it gives you time to become unspotted again.
I'm loving the Leo and have been using the 100mm mostly. I mean the middle gun is a viable choice if you like that sort of thing I'm sure, but I already have a Comet, so I wanted something different out of the Leo and the 100mm works wonderfully. It's a little bit clunky, but nowhere near as unwieldy as the A-44's gun since the Leo's turret is in a sensible place and it actually has appreciable gun depression. The better aim time certainly helps too. Armor isn't anything to rely on in any way, but I have had a surprising amount of incoming shots bounce off the angled parts.

So yeah, the Leo is fast, good at poking over things without revealing too much of itself and packs a wallop; definitely a keeper for me. I have the female crew in it and probably will keep them in it for the foreseeable future.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Is this 30 bucks for 1500 gold, 30 days prem, 20x50% 2hr credit boost/ 20x300% xp boost deal any good?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Is this 30 bucks for 1500 gold, 30 days prem, 20x50% 2hr credit boost/ 20x300% xp boost deal any good?

The same thing minus the 300% free xp booster was on sale a few weeks ago for $20. To me that was a pretty good deal if you needed premium time, gold and credits. The 50% credit boosters turn average tier 8 premium tank games into 100K+ credits.

I personally don't think 10$ for the free xp boosters is worth it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Is it free xp or regular xp?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Free, ok yeah that isn't that great of a deal.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I sold my ISU-122S that came with the Berlin Quartet a while ago. Is it any good? Should I petition to get it back?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if WG are concerned about "artillery-like gameplay" they reallllllllly need to take a look at T4-5 TDs.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prav posted:

if WG are concerned about "artillery-like gameplay" they reallllllllly need to take a look at T4-5 TDs.

If they want to get rid of artillery like gameplay they need to bring back Province and rotate between that and Mittengard for all tiers

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

province T10 best day of my life

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I sold my ISU-122S that came with the Berlin Quartet a while ago. Is it any good? Should I petition to get it back?

You can get some insane DPM out of it but the 122-44 can get almost as high of a DPM on a much better tank.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Prav posted:

Or indeed the derp cannons at tier 4-5. I have an insanely good win rate considering my shitness in the KV-1s because of that gun and its ability to fling 400 damage 100mm pen shells.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

artillery vehicles should be removed from this game and anyone with an investment in an artillery line should have their accounts banned until they've paid reparations in gold for all the damage they've dealt to other players

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

all-chat should be restored so that I can talk about obama, hitler, and "the gays" with a wider audience

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I have a disease, I want the worst of each type of vehicle.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm playing on console, the Blitzen/MTLS is okay for low tiers if you can do drivebys but any range hurts it having two guns to fire is fun though.
I just got my first BL-10 gun (ISU-152) and I'm kind of underwhelmed, when people say how good it is are they really referring to the later versions or am I just doing it wrong? It's entirely possible that it's the latter as I am kind of struggling to see where this is supposed to fight from though the armour and accuracy make me think second line, it probably doesn't help that I keep finding myself moving up, but not in a crazy aggressive way, and nobody is coming with me.
Also, going back to the Blitzen and other tanks with clips, is there anything I can do off the bat about the reload times?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnFZsJLx0Ic

Then again this was 3 years ago, when tanks wasn't complete and utter trash. Also objects could not be shot through :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
But Tanks has always been trash :confused:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 21, 2017

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
I would've said the same, but comparing now to back then....

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

primelaw posted:

I would've said the same, but comparing now to back then....

Imagine I posted a highway billboard with SerB and it says Miss me yet?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I have a disease, I want the worst of each type of vehicle.

You should probably go and hang out with that rani something something anime guy with 7000 games in the Lee, you would have so much to talk about. Like how the sexy duckshaped AMX 40 is actually the pinnacle of enjoyment in the bat-chat line.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
PzIV part 1

Queue: PzIV, PzIII Ausf. A, PzIII Ausf. B through D, SR tanks

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
Howitzer Motor Carriage T-18

:britain:
A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
Soviet tractor tanks
02SS Aerosan
SU-76 prototype
LPP-25 NEW

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
EMIL and KRV
Strv 103 NEW

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
Char B1 bis
Char B1 ter
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
PzII trials in the USSR NEW
Pak 97/38
Pz.Sfl.IVb
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel
s.FH. 18

:eurovision:
LT vz 35
CKD TNH and LTP (Tanque 39)

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Jesus christ either I've suddenly turned into the worst player, or I've been getting cosmically shafted for the past week. 6 for 22, according to Noobmeter, with only slightly worse stats than normal (and in lower tier tanks).

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The stock gun on the Lago has a 4s aim time. Couple that with a new 75% crew and it's like 4.4s, hahahaha. What a pile of poo poo.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
So I have researched 8 tire 6 tanks now, but I only have sixth sense on two commanders. Now I feel like I can't advance without that skill.

My other crews need about 80 games each to reach 100% first skill. Is it worth grinding or should I just focus on moving up to bigger tanks?

My most played tank is at 130 games so 80 games is a lot for me.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I gave my assessment a few days ago:

Atomizer posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/31/weekly-deal-jan/

The first week was $20 for $6 of gold, $3 of [half-price] garage slots, $5 of credits, and the [1-hour] boosts, which work out to being worth 30 ¢ each.
This week is $20 for the same gold & credits, a month's premium account which is normally priced at 2.5k gold or $10, and the boosts (which end up being "free" since the other stuff is worth $21.)
Week 3 is $30 for gold ($6), premium ($10), and 40 boosts (which are the 2-hour versions) which cover the remaining $14.
The final week of January costs $50 for 80 of assorted 2-hour boosts, which seems overpriced although the cost per hour (~31 ¢) work out to be close to the first week albeit being almost twice as expensive as the boosts in week 3 (17.5 ¢/hour.)

80 hours worth of boosts for $14 is pretty good.

Barry posted:

The stock gun on the Lago has a 4s aim time. Couple that with a new 75% crew and it's like 4.4s, hahahaha. What a pile of poo poo.

"Stock gun" is the operative phrase there. Stock tanks are usually terrible. The Lago isn't even particularly poor for a tier 4 (when elite.) It was playable, although I'm debating keeping it since there are other 4s (like the TDs) that are probably better at that tier.

The next tank, however, will test your patience; it has about a 6-second reload time on a 3" gun, leading to DPM that is almost as bad as the T24. Don't get me wrong, it has other advantages, but the RoF stands out, especially since I did a credit retrain on the crew so they aren't even 100% yet.

2Jets posted:

So I have researched 8 tire 6 tanks now, but I only have sixth sense on two commanders. Now I feel like I can't advance without that skill.

My other crews need about 80 games each to reach 100% first skill. Is it worth grinding or should I just focus on moving up to bigger tanks?

My most played tank is at 130 games so 80 games is a lot for me.

If the tanks you have (it sounds like you're playing the 5s and have unlocked but not purchased some of the 6s?) are already elite, go ahead and move them up if you're going to sell those tanks anyways; otherwise, if you know you're going to keep the 5s it won't hurt to keep the crews in them for a little more training. Really though, you could just move them up now since they'll finish their first skill eventually as you grind through the next tank; I've played higher tiers without 6th Sense and it's doable (if not ideal.)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
6th sense is a lot less important for heavies. Just assume you are always spotted.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Imagine I posted a highway billboard with SerB and it says Miss me yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bonus pic i found while working: