Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe how loving expensive Gravity Rush remastered is already. Really wish I had grabbed a disc copy of that before it went out of print. Someone was selling it in the games selling thread for like $10 too argh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

veni veni veni posted:

I can't believe how loving expensive Gravity Rush remastered is already. Really wish I had grabbed a disc copy of that before it went out of print. Someone was selling it in the games selling thread for like $10 too argh.

I got it on sale digital for less than $15. It'll probably come up again. The game itself is on the smaller side for a big game too, I think around 3-4GB?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, I know it'll be cheap digital. I'm just a dweeb who likes discs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pingiivi posted:

It's weird how coy TV manufacturers are in telling what the actual gently caress are their exact HDR specs. It should be HDR10 with minimum peak luminance of at least 500 nits for OLED and 1000 nits for LCD.

Thanks, I forgot what peak you needed. So yes you want 500 for oleds, and 1000 for lcd/led. Then it should also be 10bit hdr. There are actually some 8 bit out there don't waste money on this.

Some tvs don't even have all hdmi 2.0 ports, some might even have hdmi 2 with some hdmi 1. Basically to get the real hdr that people love so much you want 10 bit, hdmi 2.0 and the peak nits.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm thinking about picking up this TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/5217300.p?skuId=5217300

It's got decent reviews according to RTings from what I can tell. Supports HDR10. Anybody have any experience with this one?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

They have a flash sale going
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Morby posted:

I'm thinking about picking up this TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-class-54-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/5217300.p?skuId=5217300

It's got decent reviews according to RTings from what I can tell. Supports HDR10. Anybody have any experience with this one?

Seems to be equivalent to this model which doesn't sound that great HDR wise... supports HDR10 does not mean that it actually displays it well.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300
"Supports HDR10 but can't really benefit from it due to lack of local dimming and no support for wide color gamut."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Knack is $4.99

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The prices in relative terms are hilarious.

Boggle $3.99 CAD
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition $4.49 CAD

Tetris $3.99 CAD
Injustice, Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition $4.99 CAD

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

Seems to be equivalent to this model which doesn't sound that great HDR wise... supports HDR10 does not mean that it actually displays it well.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300
"Supports HDR10 but can't really benefit from it due to lack of local dimming and no support for wide color gamut."

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep looking around for something that meets the need and fits the budget.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

veni veni veni posted:

Knack is $4.99

Stay strong, wait for plus

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

haveblue posted:

owning is better than leasing :wink:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

haveblue posted:

Or you could buy it now and have it for half the cost of a month's subscription to Plus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zenintrude posted:

owning is better than leasing :wink:

We would thank Sony for snatching it away from us

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think we have hit the point where when posting about knack, none of us know what is real anymore.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know that its all real garbage

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is 1886 worth $5? I'd play it once.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rabidsquid posted:

i know that its all real garbage

Don't sign your posts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Beastie posted:

That's less than a movie ticket and the game is basically a steampunk Underworld movie, go for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beastie posted:

It's probably pretty enough to be worth a play through at that price. Use a collectables guide and it's a real easy platinum trophy too!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't sign your posts

this isnt even that hard of a joke to gently caress up, good job

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Picked up 1886, the I am Bread / Surgeon Simulator Pack and Journey.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Beastie posted:

It is good, yes.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Funny story, I was stoked for the sale so I didn't notice that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were PS3 only. Had to ask for a refund, which was done in like 5 minutes through a chat box. Funds were added back into my wallet. Now I have some money for a rainy day.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Beastie posted:

That's all anybody has ever played it, Its a fine afternoon for that price.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

Funny story, I was stoked for the sale so I didn't notice that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were PS3 only. Had to ask for a refund, which was done in like 5 minutes through a chat box. Funds were added back into my wallet. Now I have some money for a rainy day.

Shoulda bought a PS3 tbh.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I remember Dark Cloud 2 being so repetitive that even JRPG-addict teenage me grew bored of it, but if anyone wants to help me see the light on it, it'll be welcome.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Asemblance for 4 dollars y/n?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DoubleCakes posted:

I remember Dark Cloud 2 being so repetitive that even JRPG-addict teenage me grew bored of it, but if anyone wants to help me see the light on it, it'll be welcome.

The story and characters are extremely sweet. The gameplay not as much and the opening of the game is like 6 hours and then they start the construction turorial so its an epic slow burn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Shoulda bought a PS3 tbh.

I've got a disc copy of that collection so that I can look at the cool box art every 5 minutes

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

AggroJagg posted:

Are you level 70 yet? If not don't worry about gear.
Once you reach 70 gear sets will start to drop, most were retooled in the last year or so to be super powerful. Most will confer crazy damage boosts like a bonus 1,500%!

Also legendary weapons all get significantly better once they are lvl70 too.
So just aim to grab the 4 or 6 pieces of a gear set as your first goal, after that you should notice things improving.

The blood shard vendor is almost always a crap shoot and is just a way to dump blood shards, don't sweat it.

I probably have a bunch of gear and weapons I can send you, what class do you play?

Also it's really important to go grab Kunais cube, Google up where it is.

I am level 70, paragon level 25 I got one green item (thats a 'set' right) but I got that in act 5. username is neilinnyc

I'm playing as a wizard. tried a couple others but freeze, clone, blizzard and a death ray that doesnt appear to use any arcane power because it recharges so quickly is obscenely powerful.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ugh, why can't PS4 be backwards compatible like the Xbone? So many good titles in that sale and I never had a PS3

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

DoubleCakes posted:

I really enjoyed it for about 20 hours, and then I started to realise how grindy and slow progression was becoming and just kind of stopped playing it. well worth the $7.50 i paid for 15 or so solid hours.

how does psychonauts control? I keep hearing great things about it but held off because it is a 'platformer' which I find most of a bit poo poo and it's such an old one too. The story and moments in it sound great though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
IIRC some folks said the PS4 version of Sleeping Dogs performs worse on PS4 than it does on PS3, is that true? I only played it a bit on PS3 and it's loving awesome but I don't have it anymore and would love to get it on PS4 if the performance isn't awful.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

IIRC some folks said the PS4 version of Sleeping Dogs performs worse on PS4 than it does on PS3, is that true? I only played it a bit on PS3 and it's loving awesome but I don't have it anymore and would love to get it on PS4 if the performance isn't awful.

I don't think that's true. The game in general is still glitchy as gently caress on both platforms, but the PS4 version is better overall.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

89 posted:

Ugh, why can't PS4 be backwards compatible like the Xbone? So many good titles in that sale and I never had a PS3

cause the ps3 was designed to be a pain in the rear end for sony, game developers, and gamers alike.

Neo Rasa posted:

no its good. just beat it. only issue i saw was the time i entered the cab but the game didn't want to make it happen so the cab took off with wen but left his body and camera behind, yanking him at a million miles an hour down the highway about 10 secs later while i was trying to figure out why i was stuck on the sidewalk in a sitting position

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

That's actually a decent sale. If you guys have been curious about Journey no reason not to grab it for $5. Also see Child of Light and Trine 2

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Finally bought Sleeping Dogs, looking forward to playing it for the first time after I've finished working through my backlog sometime this fall.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know this sounds really weird but I swear gravity rush 2 seems like it's running off the disc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Today's the last chance to get Knack for 69% off in the EU sale.