Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Left knee hurts.

Only got lower back and left shoulder to go and I'll have had a full set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
I like Athlean-X for the most part. Gives good tips on targeting specific muscles.

However, he's also a proponent of not touching your chest on the bench. If I remember the video, I think he even suggests leaving like a 6" gap between bar and sternum.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's more that he doesn't like when people bounce it on their chest

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Sometimes I spot my buddy who lifts around the same as me, but he does it quickly and bounces it off his chest.

One day I'm afraid he'll break something because why would you do that.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
hes fine but one day you're gonna have to row it off him

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Uber Eats is giving away free burritos today

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Faded Mars posted:

I like Athlean-X for the most part. Gives good tips on targeting specific muscles.

However, he's also a proponent of not touching your chest on the bench. If I remember the video, I think he even suggests leaving like a 6" gap between bar and sternum.

I also think it's for people who have bitchy shoulders but still want to do some benching as well. He has a lot of if/then type rules, someone should make an athlean x wiki or something. I still touch my chest when I bench, just go easy.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

89 posted:

I made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DHwU2rnypw&t=13s

"What a douche"

I may have basically Toxxed myself here. It's hard to watch myself and watch myself fall over my words, but I've been meaning to make a video for a while. So, I just adlibbed one this week. :shrug:

I really enjoyed the breasts in this video.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
PEOPLE ARE SO WEAK

LIKE LITTLE BABIES

THIS IS MY GYM NOW

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
being the most swolest dude at your gym is a good thing

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
A good way to make no gainz

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't need competition in my gym

I got you guys

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
We can't sell you the hot new roids

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Steroids are Bad.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Last year I was on this 5 day a week 4x12 plan, and I burned the gently caress out after barely 3 months. Turns out I wasn't taking steroids. I put on about 15 lbs of bulk though.

This year I'm on a chill as hell 3 day a week 3x8. It's pretty nice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FedEx Mercury posted:

Steroids are Bad.

Salamis are Good.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
So the owner of my gym invited to compete in a "mock" powerlifting meet next weekend. Then he leant me a singlet so now I'm obligated to compete.

I have no idea how to pick numbers for my sets, or taper training before the meet, so this'll certainly go well and not be a poo poo show.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Paper Diamonds posted:

So the owner of my gym invited to compete in a "mock" powerlifting meet next weekend. Then he leant me a singlet so now I'm obligated to compete.

I have no idea how to pick numbers for my sets, or taper training before the meet, so this'll certainly go well and not be a poo poo show.
Decrease volume.

Nuckols goes over some of the basics there. Just do less volume than you normally do is the short explanation. You want to be 100% but you also want to have lifted the past week.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hurt my back maybe deadlifting

Feel the nerve all the way down my leg sometimes, and my hard ons are weak

I hope this is temporary, will do exercises that stretch the back in the meantime like pull-ups and dips, they feel good

Any suggestions? Might try yoga

My legs and beautiful rear end gains :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I hope this is temporary, will do exercises that stretch the back in the meantime like pull-ups and dips, they feel good

8 weeks no lifting

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phuS5VLQy8c

Do this, especially the stretch around 22 minutes which is in the thumbnail, and don't do any heavy lower body work for a few weeks after you feel better.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

sassassin posted:

8 weeks no lifting

People only say this to steal your gains

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Dum Cumpster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phuS5VLQy8c

Do this, especially the stretch around 22 minutes which is in the thumbnail, and don't do any heavy lower body work for a few weeks after you feel better.

Thank you fellow salami, I need this

I can't believe I hurt my back deadlifting, I must have arched it too much, I hope my erections come back soon, or the locker room will miss me

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FedEx Mercury posted:

People only say this to steal your gains

If your gains are significantly hampered by 8 weeks of good honest rest you never had any to begin with, and never will.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Rolled out of bed and went to the gym today. Since I spent most of last night playing vidya and wallowing in my own filth I didn't notice how bad I stunk.

I feel sorry for people within a ~25 foot radius of me.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Shats Basoon posted:

Rolled out of bed and went to the gym today. Since I spent most of last night playing vidya and wallowing in my own filth I didn't notice how bad I stunk.

Salami doesn't stink bro ??

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shats Basoon posted:

Are you Indian?

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Salami doesn't stink bro ??

Tell that to my butt

sassassin posted:

Are you Indian?

Nope just a white boy with digestive issues atm

AMA

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

sassassin posted:

8 weeks no lifting

its been like 6 or 7 weeks for me and im just now starting to feel like im almost recovered so this is prob good advise

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

If you're having boner problems because of a back injury, it's probably either nerve compression or muscle spasm causing issues. If I hurt my back and then started having sciatica and dick issues, I would go to a doctor. Just saying...

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Shats Basoon posted:

come on man take a fuckin shower

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Fallows posted:

come on man take a fuckin shower

Don't worry friend, I took a real hard look at myself in the mirror after that. Went home and took a shower and cleaned my house. I even flossed; I think I'll be throwing that towel away

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ah, well done

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

sassassin posted:

If your gains are significantly hampered by 8 weeks of good honest rest you never had any to begin with, and never will.

Nice try, I'm not falling for it. Maybe you can find some lifting babies in ylls to sneak minigains from.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i dunno what id do with myself if i couldnt lift forbtwo weeks, let allone eight

its my hobby!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

a mysterious cloak posted:

If you're having boner problems because of a back injury, it's probably either nerve compression or muscle spasm causing issues. If I hurt my back and then started having sciatica and dick issues, I would go to a doctor. Just saying...

I ain't rich bro!!

Did you go to a doctor ? How long should I give it

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
http://imgur.com/a/c7xfH

Went from a 140 lb twink to a 160 lb twink in a few months, cheers to trying to put on another healthy 20 by April

glad my lats and shoulders started developing but i've got a long way to go before I'm where I wanna be.

trying to remember this poo poo is a marathon and not a race :(

progress is still progress i guess, how often do you guys switch up your routine?

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 22, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
First morning back in the gym. That was hard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pesmerga posted:

First morning back in the gym. That was hard.

But how was the workout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I ain't rich bro!!

Did you go to a doctor ? How long should I give it

Never hurt my back, but we see tons of patients with low back pain.

I mean, as long as you're not pissing or making GBS threads yourself or have a numb crotch you can just rest and take some NSAIDS and see if that helps.