Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Dirt posted:

Bards seem like way too much work.

They really are but in return for all your hard work you are rewarded with people accusing you of being a jerk in zone chat and excluded from parties in those rare times you do want to group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Finally hit 60 on Mauzer.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Congrats man, you gonna alt it up now or just enjoy being 60 for awhile?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Congrats man, you gonna alt it up now or just enjoy being 60 for awhile?

He's gonna reroll on phinny and start the grind with a better rule set and more content.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Probably not. LOL

I'm gunna trick out my shaman, Chairman, I think,

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

iNteg posted:

He's gonna reroll on phinny and start the grind with a better rule set and more content.
Maybe he'd have incentive if you ever logged on!

Just a few weeks until we're all banned for training in POStorms!

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

gepgepgep posted:

Maybe he'd have incentive if you ever logged on!

Just a few weeks until we're all banned for training in POStorms!

Man, I can't bring myself to log back in. Half of me wants to, half of me can't think of even doing it.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
to the goon dungeon crawling in Paw with me tonight (i'm Haughty): that was a lot of fun even if we nearly wiped.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

cmdrk posted:

to the goon dungeon crawling in Paw with me tonight (i'm Haughty): that was a lot of fun even if we nearly wiped.

That was me. Get guild tagged!
There's a few of us that are active in your level range. We could of used your Nukes on our failed attempt at Droga earlier that day.

PS way to save us all with that timely evac!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
ok, sure will do! i'm down for any dungeon crawl.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I quit playing when BDA went to Phinny but you jerks are making me want to log in again and get retagged as a Goon.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Thedran Level 4 Shaman reporting for duty on blue :patriot:

Haven't played EQ in any for in 15 years, so Velious is my last memories, so it's nice to pick up. Wouldn't mind some goon guilding, though we'll see how dedicated I end up being. I'll be on in the evenings this week for the most part (like this evening)

Forgot how brutal and unforgiving this game is and how friendly people are

edit: gently caress you vengeful composer

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 18, 2017

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

cmdrk posted:

you rock. Thanks for the stuff!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

DrPossum posted:

you rock. Thanks for the stuff!

Yeah no prob! My buddy snagged the AC in South Ro and got me some JBoots today, trying to pay it forward a tiny bit hehe.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Inimicul posted:

I quit playing when BDA went to Phinny but you jerks are making me want to log in again and get retagged as a Goon.

I got tagged in BDA after that happened and it is pretty much dead in the water: Lolly, Ennio, Teddee, Eldwin and a handful of others play some alts and farm some stuff, but that is it. They invite people who then leave after a bit for more active guilds.

Still keeping my tag though. I like BDA and I am not going to raid, so it's all good.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpqxi_V3jfQ

everquest

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Lol, what does that even mean? He ran through mobs and threw a stone at the boss, then jumped into the lava, does that give the entire guild first permission to engage the boss? Or are they expecting Vulak + a train of drakes to run to the Aary prep spot? I thought Vulak was rooted?

masterfly
Aug 8, 2006

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Probably not. LOL

I'm gunna trick out my shaman, Chairman, I think,

Chairman is your shaman? I seriously see a corpse for that toon in every zone I've been in and in random places.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Pilsner posted:

Lol, what does that even mean? He ran through mobs and threw a stone at the boss, then jumped into the lava, does that give the entire guild first permission to engage the boss? Or are they expecting Vulak + a train of drakes to run to the Aary prep spot? I thought Vulak was rooted?

Who the gently caress knows but everyone involved in that needs to stop and reflect on life.

Like how do you justify your behavior when you're in one of the guilds who loses the fte race? Those many, many hours of sweat and cheeto dust culminating in your fat creases; all for not.

Secular Humanist fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 20, 2017

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You still get tracking DKP even if your guild doesn't get the FTE. I am a recently reformed hardcore raider of the p1999. AMA.

Drecksky
Apr 14, 2008

Gosh, it's like middle school all over again...but without dial-up! Level 4 Halfling Druid named Nullivan reporting for good times...bad times...grog time.

edit: Blue Server

edit2: Pretty sure I sexualised these dead spread-eagle bixies 15 years ago.

Drecksky fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 20, 2017

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

masterfly posted:

Chairman is your shaman? I seriously see a corpse for that toon in every zone I've been in and in random places.

As you can tell, I'm already off to a great start. Ha ha.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Raiding on P99 is just embarrassing. Consider Phinigel!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

khysanth posted:

Raiding on P99 is just embarrassing. Consider Phinigel!

this guy pays 10 bucks a month to play a 20 year old game

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dirt posted:

this guy pays 10 bucks a month to play a 20 year old game

You say it like $10/month is some crazy amount, lol.

But most people don't even do that. Pretty easy to get enough pp to buy a krono for a month and not pay anything. A lot of people also took advantage of the "buy a year's sub" sale they had, I think it was $80 for 12 months?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

xZAOx posted:

You say it like $10/month is some crazy amount, lol.

But most people don't even do that. Pretty easy to get enough pp to buy a krono for a month and not pay anything. A lot of people also took advantage of the "buy a year's sub" sale they had, I think it was $80 for 12 months?

what the gently caress is a krono

edit:

Googled it. That's retarded.

Nobody cares about actual EQ.

We like our dumb old free game in this thread, ok?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Much love, Mauzer

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Dirt posted:

We like our dumb old free game in this thread, ok?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I figured he was going to FD and they were going to res right outside the ring.

Also that dude is thirsty, he should get some water.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

MF_James posted:

I figured he was going to FD and they were going to res right outside the ring.

Also that dude is thirsty, he should get some water.

Is there a reason he didn't just FD? style points?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Somebody duo with my 10 Cleric, Nonon, before I kill myself having to solo. I have a Poison Wind Censer so I am a pretty good partner.

Down to do stupid poo poo almost nobody does like Runnyeye revamp and Warrens or anything decent exp.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 24, 2017

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

FranktheBank posted:

I don't do that racing poo poo but it's probably easier to corpse summon than drag from north wing

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

FranktheBank posted:

Hijal is a bard, bards don't FD. They win races. Also on P99 most of the dragons are pulled to entrance so you just die, get corpse summoned and then prep for the fight at entrance.

Edit: not sure if that's the case for vulak specifically but for most of ToV it is.

100% Dundee fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 24, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

100% Dundee posted:

Hijal is a bard, bards don't FD. They win races. Also on P99 most of the dragons are pulled to entrance so you just die, get corpse summoned and then prep for the fight at entrance.

Edit: not sure if that's the case for vulak specifically but for most of ToV it is.

I don't think you can pull vulak because it's a true ring event (unless that was a later change that isn't on P99) and once you step outside of the ring I think vulak resets? I could be wrong.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 25, 2017

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
Nah, Vulak is an entrance fight too.

http://www.omni1999.com/phpbb/newspage.php first pic (as of this post) is Vulak being fought at the entrance.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Jump off bridge and get COTH back to raid.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MF_James posted:

I don't think you can pull vulak because it's a true ring event (unless that was a later change that isn't on P99) and once you step outside of the ring I think vulak resets? I could be wrong.

IIRC the NTOV ring event deathtouches anyone remotely nearby and outside of the ring it takes place in.

Back in the day on live like 14 years ago, our entire raid party got deathtouched one time because the puller seen a non-aggro drake and absent-mindedly hailed it.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
The way it works on P99 is some variation of this process as far as I know. Feel free to correct anything if you guys know more.

Step 1: Line up and race for your dragon to get FTE, that's what you see in that video. Once you have FTE I believe you have an hour to down the dragon, could be wrong there though.
Step 2: Get your pullers ready, main puller is bound at zone out. He preps at entrance, gets a wizard to cast TL to bind on him at entrance then a mage CoTHs him to PoM zone in. He then aggro the dragon, accepts the TL to bind and just sits there and waits for the dragon and everything to train the whole way.
Step 3: While this is happening you simultaneously train all of the mobs from entrance and hub to the opposite wing, either using the same method above or a parked pet etc. That way you have a clear pathway for the final pull.
Step 4: Have a few pullers stationed along the way/in hub/etc who's only job is to pull your designated dragon out of the train as cleanly as possible.
Step 5: Once your final puller gets the dragon away clean, he brings it to the entrance hallway area and FD's so as to not pull any aggro from the train and your final puller/main tank shoots an arrow and brings it to entrance for the kill.

It sounds crazy and complicated, but it's all rather simple actually once you get the pieces in place and do it a few times. This way no one has to clear any of the trash along the way and they can get the dragons all dead in a relatively reasonable amount of time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Does it really take that long for a guild of raiders to clear the trash?

I've never done raiding on EQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Compared to how long it takes to get everyone grouped, strategy communicated, buffed, into position, strategy communicated, AFK check, strategy communicated, rebuffed, telling people bitching about not being in the XP group, strategy communicated again, rebuffing, dealing with late arrivals, strategy communicated, and failing the first try and regrouping after half the raid gets tired and has to log off... Maybe?