Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

greatn posted:

Or he won't be in it

This is my hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Maybe they reprise Dino Thunder again and make Tommy be a professor?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What bad blood developed between Saban and JDF?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Movie opens with Dr. Tommy Oliver skydiving out of a plane to break boards. Breaks too many, sending a power surge in the Morphin grid back in time, resulting in this new universe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

greatn posted:

Movie opens with Dr. Tommy Oliver skydiving out of a plane to break boards. Breaks too many, sending a power surge in the Morphin grid back in time, resulting in this new universe.

Is this pre-Dino Super Charge changing the timeline? or does Tommy's karate chop also retroactively re-kills the dinosaurs?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

or does Tommy's karate chop also retroactively re-kills the dinosaurs?
Sentences like this are why I'll never stop being a toku fan.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Looks alright. Better than the first trailer. Zordon really looks cool

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is this pre-Dino Super Charge changing the timeline? or does Tommy's karate chop also retroactively re-kills the dinosaurs?

Let me refer you to the Zordon Historia, which shows the 100% verified Power Rangers timeline, with all of the timeline splits.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pyroi posted:

Let me refer you to the Zordon Historia, which shows the 100% verified Power Rangers timeline, with all of the timeline splits.

I'd be down for that, I wanna see where that one (zeo?) Christmas special falls in the timeline.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

DoctorWhat posted:

What bad blood developed between Saban and JDF?

He was in that super enormous team up at the end of the retro-themed season a couple years ago.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To be fair, if I had to be in Super Megaforce, I'd be upset, too.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'm just personally sick of Tommy. At this point I want the character to show up in this movie and immediately die.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm just personally sick of Tommy. At this point I want the character to show up in this movie and immediately die.

Tommy tries to take Rita's staff at a pivotal moment, fails, gives a "who the gently caress are you?" and impales him on it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Zordon is the first design I've liked so far. Really cool reimagining that doesn't feel divorced from the original.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

poo poo. I can't resist Power, movie is converting me. The mech designs are lovely and some of the jokes fall flat hard, but... didn't seem too bad.

Me too. I've been totally against this movie from the first teaser, but the minute Kanye started playing I got hyped as gently caress. Seriously, you could put that song in front of anything and I'm sold.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The scene on the cliffside where they jump down in full costume and then karate fight the rock monsters won me over. That was very Power Rangers, and the suits managed to look good there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Me too. I've been totally against this movie from the first teaser, but the minute Kanye started playing I got hyped as gently caress. Seriously, you could put that song in front of anything and I'm sold.

https://youtu.be/T0_EWr2GJ5A

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Well the reveal of the Hybrid Ranger/Lord Drakkon in the comics was anticlimactic. its Tommy. The question is if this is the future or a parallel universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Well the reveal of the Hybrid Ranger/Lord Drakkon in the comics was anticlimactic. its Tommy. The question is if this is the future or a parallel universe.

Huh. Could've made it more fun and had it be Andros or Kat or Tommy's Native half-brother or whatever.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Actually I kind of wonder if they have more general rights to the franchise or just specifically to Mighty Morphin. Something like In Space might be out of their hands.

They have referenced the Zeo Crystal but that actually started in Mighty Morphin.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

greatn posted:

Actually I kind of wonder if they have more general rights to the franchise or just specifically to Mighty Morphin. Something like In Space might be out of their hands.

They have referenced the Zeo Crystal but that actually started in Mighty Morphin.

It wouldn't surprise me. Disney and Saban and Nickelodeon and Fox probably don't talk to each other very well. IIRC, weren't Disney pissed about the Operation Overdrive "Once a Ranger" episode having a tribute to seasons not aired on their network?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

Surely Saban owns the whole franchise now? Why would you ONLY license part of it for comics that are exclusively going to sell to adult nerds based on nostalgia? I mean, IDW's Star Trek comics are about the Chris Pine movie Kirk but they had Q and Captain Sisko show up, for gently caress's sake.

Although it's probably so it doesn't 'dilute the brand' leading to the movie. Don't want to confuse people even though there's been a million seasons and kids aren't going to freak out about why the team in the movie isn't the same one from Ninja Steel.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 20, 2017

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

Surely Saban owns the whole franchise now? Why would you ONLY license part of it for comics that are exclusively going to sell to adult nerds based on nostalgia? I mean, IDW's Star Trek comics are about the Chris Pine movie Kirk but they had Q and Captain Sisko show up, for gently caress's sake.

Although it's probably so it doesn't 'dilute the brand' leading to the movie. Don't want to confuse people even though there's been a million seasons and kids aren't going to freak out about why the team in the movie isn't the same one from Ninja Steel.

Well if he thinks he can make more money licensing out different series piecemeal he'll do it

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yeah, I'm probably going to see the movie now after that trailer.

I'm not paying full price, of course.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Given that Bandai is making re-issues of In Space toys, I think the IP rights are all still consolidated in one place.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yeah, I'm probably going to see the movie now after that trailer.

I'm not paying full price, of course.

I may pay over full price for the stupid D-Box thing, because the surcharge always scared me away from that thing and if I was going to pay that kind of money for anything, it'd be for a giant zord fight on the screen like this. Or failing that, a lovely Imax transfer or something.

Or I could just hold my money for several years until Pacific Rim 2, but I'm not holding my breath.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Craptacular! posted:

Given that Bandai is making re-issues of In Space toys, I think the IP rights are all still consolidated in one place.

Wait what?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

drrockso20 posted:

Wait what?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLwDRfSj4Aq/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why In Space, of all things? The shittiest Megazord by a pretty significant margin, and they skip right past the only good things about PR Turbo.

Well, except Divatox. :pervert:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

PMush Perfect posted:

Why In Space, of all things? The shittiest Megazord by a pretty significant margin

You take that back

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

You take that back
Okay, I take it back. Even the Delta Megaship isn't as dumb-looking as the Omega Megazord. (Which is a shame, because I loving love the Lightspeed Megazord.)

Edit Wait, never mind, forgot about the Warrior Wheel. :cripes:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 20, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's the legacy toys. They're gonna make figures for every team.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

RBX posted:

It's the legacy toys. They're gonna make figures for every team.

I like that they're remaking the old toys for the fans to collect. But I'm still not sure why the second tier of megazords jumped from $70-$80 with the OG megazord and dragonzord to $150-$200 for the Thunderzord. I may as well get the Soul of Chogokin toys then.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Thunderzord and Ninja Megazord are completely new designs from the old ones and beautifully done compared to just a smaller mold of our old one for the Megazord.You can just look at them and tell the effort. Also legacy stuff is price gouged like hell because they know mostly adults buy it.

RBX fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 20, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, honestly they really need to re-remake the MMPR Megazord.

The version they have out right now is from the 2010 'remastered' version, and like that show, it's cheap as gently caress and inferior to the original in most respects. They rereleased it later on when Saban got the brand back, but retooled with diecast metal and poo poo- but the flaws of the mold remain.

The DragonZord was the first real Legacy zord and the sheer quality difference is staggering.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Paying three digit prices for Bandai figures? It better be at six feet tall or else they're assuming nobody has noticed their quality over the last, oh, quarter-century.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

But they are high quality, that's the point of the legacy line.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RBX posted:

But they are high quality, that's the point of the legacy line.
:airquote: High quality :airquote:

Did you forget that to combine the Mega Tigerzord, you actually have to yank panels out of their hinges?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

All megazords are garbage toys because they're loving statues. Y'all have Stockholm Syndrome.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

All megazords are garbage toys because they're loving statues. Y'all have Stockholm Syndrome.

If they had more articulation they'd cost 300+ dollars.

This is a fact. We know this is a fact because that's literally a thing.

EDIT: Also the DragonZord figure has about as much articulation as the design could realistically allow. I love that suit, but that is NOT a toy friendly design.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We're talking about that incredibly high quality, incredibly finicky GaoGaiGar one, right?

I mean, if you want posability, there's plenty of options. I want Megazord toys because I like making mechanical noises with my mouth while sticking them together. (And anyone who says they don't do that is a goddamn liar and you all know it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If Bandai wanted my money, they would release a special line of Gundam Model kits that are just megazords.