Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

colas posted:

to quote my new POTUS - "WRONG."

I think actually that quote should be attributed to the Former Governor of California: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxS8NhWA41Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

prom candy posted:

So I can fill my house with thick rich beef smoke

I'm probably going to purchase my first house this year. Something I'm looking forward to is cooking without evacuating 200 people from the building.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just got a Google Home and a bunch of Hue lights (not the coloured ones for pot heads) and can't stop being amazed at how "hey boo boo, I'm home" now turns on my lights.

Like this but in a much less nerdy voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ipHS9sQLzI

edit: can also change the temperature and turn on/off my tv/ps4 etc by voice too. I'm in the loving future, man.

edit 2: and yes, I have tried "tea, earl grey, hot" and it did have a perfect answer.

Same but I've got the stoner lights.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there a thread or any good source of info about the Google Home? All my poo poo is Apple integrated pretty intensely but I can't help but be intrigued by the thought of yelling at a robot to make my lights purple or turn off lamps.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I doubt Google will develop it any further. They drop poo poo all the time.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is there a thread or any good source of info about the Google Home? All my poo poo is Apple integrated pretty intensely but I can't help but be intrigued by the thought of yelling at a robot to make my lights purple or turn off lamps.

Home Automation and Security Systems

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Yep. Anyone remember Google Fiber? They've already halted new roll outs.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Rolo posted:

I'm probably going to purchase my first house this year. Something I'm looking forward to is cooking without evacuating 200 people from the building.

We renovated our kitchen a couple months ago and twice already I've set the smoke alarm off when guests are over for dinner. That's just how you get the skin crispy baby!

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

flosofl posted:

Yep. Anyone remember Google Fiber? They've already halted new roll outs.

AT&T seems to be taking over fiber nowadays. We just got their fiber internet installed in our neighborhood about a month ago. Considering switching over to it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Ultrasonic cleaners are the best. You can do nearly anything with warm water and dish soap. Literally 1 drop of dawn swished in warm tap water makes anything with grime on it clean again. They cost nothing to run. You will be shocked at how dirty your rings, earrings, necklaces, glasses, etc, were beforehand. All you people buying specialized stuff for getting grime out are weird. Unless you're putting car parts in it I wouldn't worry about buying anything extra.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SOQ6KQ/ I have whichever one they were selling in Jan 30, 2011.

H110Hawk has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Jan 20, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I won this in a contest minutes ago so I guess it counts as a purchase. :sweatdrop:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Our kitten has decided he's a cat now so I've ordered a huge pack of paper towels, some pet odor control spray, and signed him up for an all expense paid vacation to the vet to get his balls removed.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

PCOS Bill posted:

Our kitten has decided he's a cat now so I've ordered a huge pack of paper towels, some pet odor control spray, and signed him up for an all expense paid vacation to the vet to get his balls removed.

Trump's ethnic cleansing begins

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

H110Hawk posted:

Ultrasonic cleaners are the best. You can do nearly anything with warm water and dish soap. Literally 1 drop of dawn swished in warm tap water makes anything with grime on it clean again. They cost nothing to run. You will be shocked at how dirty your rings, earrings, necklaces, glasses, etc, were beforehand. All you people buying specialized stuff for getting grime out are weird. Unless you're putting car parts in it I wouldn't worry about buying anything extra.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SOQ6KQ/ I have whichever one they were selling in Jan 30, 2011.

I have this fantasy of getting one big enough to strip a cast iron pan or take marks off stainless steel cookware. I don't know if it would even work, but I'd feel like a right mad scientist.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

I have this fantasy of getting one big enough to strip a cast iron pan or take marks off stainless steel cookware. I don't know if it would even work, but I'd feel like a right mad scientist.

They're called media blasters at that point.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
My most recent noteworthy purchase was the Google pixel I'm currently posting from. Review: it's loving great.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Anyone know if those cleaners are good at cleaning glass pipes/bongs?

Related: Bought more hue lights (down lights for the living room). My entire apartment is now connected.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

App13 posted:

Related: Bought more hue lights (down lights for the living room). My entire apartment is now connected.

Didn't do a whole lot to my cone piece.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

My most recent noteworthy purchase was the Google pixel I'm currently posting from. Review: it's loving great.
Did you have a Nexus?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

App13 posted:

Probably not, the lack of water solubility is probably gonna be an issue there.

My preferred cleaning method there is simmering it in milk and making hot chocolate, but on anything bigger than a vape stem this is probably both impractical and unwise.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

neongrey posted:

Probably not, the lack of water solubility is probably gonna be an issue there.

My preferred cleaning method there is simmering it in milk and making hot chocolate, but on anything bigger than a vape stem this is probably both impractical and unwise.

All you need is some salt and rubbing alcohol, then shake that poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Thanks for all the pillow recommendations. Got some googling to do

Lawen posted:

I did some comparison shopping on pillows last week. Narrowed it down to either the Casper pillow or Nest Bedding's Easy Breather. The Casper has a firm pillow wrapped in a softer pillow, the Nest has microfiber memory foam (latex microfiber also available) and a zipper on the side so you can easily remove filling to dial it in to preference. I went Nest, should be here in a couple days, I'll report back.

Oh I didn't know Casper made a pillow--i have their mattress. Looks like it has a trial period too? Lol. Might check it out...

KingColliwog posted:

Pillow talk : The only pillow I really like are the shredded memory foam ones. There's nothing that compares. A block of memory foam or those shaped things are all terrible. And regular pillows never made me happy.

Anyway, I think pillows are extremely personal and reviews and such can't help you that much. Going to a mattress store and trying a poo poo ton of pillow is what I did last time and it's the first time I ever got a pillow I really enjoy

Well yeah but there's so many options it's nice to get ideas. I don't think I've ever seen a pillow with shredded memory foam.

Content:

Kingz Black Knight Gi. That's me in the pic btw
I've been using an old lovely one for a while now and have been doing a lot more jiu jitsu so figured I'd spoil myself with something nice

Sony Platinum headset

PSVR

Edition with 1 & 2. Never played them but figured they receive enough praise. I see the Wii-u posted here a lot. I really like mine, RIP

Lifetime key off eBay (it'd annually now)

Mine of 7 years finally bugged out and started turning off and on on its own. But I also use it in the shower, heh.

I also have an Etsy buying problem

Hand made and shipped from Greece, apparently

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hand made and shipped from Greece, apparently

:swoon: WHERE

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.etsy.com/shop/greekartifact

They have hella cool poo poo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

It was on sale, and it's loving massive. 40" long, and a 13" head. It'll look neat on the wall.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It was on sale, and it's loving massive. 40" long, and a 13" head. It'll look neat on the wall.
Cool Diablo weapon

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Whoa and it's actually carved from Alabaster?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think just about everything else besides what I posted. I'm a bit incredulous to it being handcrafted and shipping for free from Greece at that price but alas!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

treiz01 posted:

Whoa and it's actually carved from Alabaster?

Alabaster resin moulded.

Still, can look very nice, even if doesn't contain the sweat of an artisan sculptor.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:lol:

:nws:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/492032528/bull-head-minotaur-demon-eating-a-maiden?ref=shop_home_active_1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/475506202/satyr-faunus-faun-phallus-nude-male?ref=shop_home_active_9
https://www.etsy.com/listing/475465448/greek-wild-nature-god-pan-faunus-penis?ref=shop_home_active_31

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

spog posted:

Alabaster resin moulded.

Still, can look very nice, even if doesn't contain the sweat of an artisan sculptor.

Ahh tricky. I thought that was extremely low for an actual carved scupture.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

App13 posted:

Nah, just use high percentage rubbing alcohol and some nice chunky kosher salt and shake the dickens out of it :v:

Then rinse off with hot water. Works for all my glass pieces.

Got the gf a new phone.

white sauce has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Jan 21, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think just about everything else besides what I posted. I'm a bit incredulous to it being handcrafted and shipping for free from Greece at that price but alas!
they gotta make money somehow

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Ordering now for next years secret santa

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Replaced my old 21.5" TN Acer with this new 23" IPS display.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I noticed a ton of phalli, was thinking about grabbing some as gifts

spog posted:

Alabaster resin moulded.

bowmore posted:

they gotta make money somehow

That explains that!

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
Hearing protection that has an am/fm radio and can also connect to an mp3 player via bluetooth

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

loinburger posted:

Hearing protection that has an am/fm radio and can also connect to an mp3 player via bluetooth

My contractor has a pair that look identical, and he loves them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Mods please name change to Adult Mace Owner thank you in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mu Zeta posted:

Google Assistant is in phones too so they aren't gonna drop it. Plus they can't let Amazon take over the spying on people's lives game.