Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

No, kirschen, pre election polling that is intended to predict an outcome is an inherently different animal from opinion polling intended to gain a populace's overall opinion of an established thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

neongrey posted:

No, kirschen, pre election polling that is intended to predict an outcome is an inherently different animal from opinion polling intended to gain a populace's overall opinion of an established thing.

Plus, the national polling was pretty accurate.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I love Everette True. He needs his own movie.

I could play the part, I'm built just like him.

I don't wear my pants that high, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Meanwhile, Trump introduces his latest appointee:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the inauguration of Donald Trump – Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the US on Friday and faces immediate pressure to deliver an inaugural address that can start to heal a divided nation"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Do you think Garrison will ever address issues in a future comic, or was the Trump win just too much self righteous smugness for him to handle and now he's permanently stuck doing "ha ha ha look at all the crying babies" comics?
Like in three years Trump could declare war with Alaska or some zany poo poo and Garrison would still be drawing ugly women that have tattoos crying about how Trump beat Hillary.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Happy Extinction Event Inauguration Day!

John Roberts showing up in a Clarence Thomas disguise is a smart move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65jqrHQi_c

Gonna do that constitution. Do it right in the rear end.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

World Famous W posted:

It is time, my friends. May whatever diety you worship hold you in safety.

gently caress.

Seeing as the only explanation for his success is that Din granted him the Triforce of Power, I think we're screwed unless a mute kid with a weird hat shows up.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Definitely my choice for Cartoon of the Year

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Keiya posted:

Seeing as the only explanation for his success is that Din granted him the Triforce of Power, I think we're screwed unless a mute kid with a weird hat shows up.

Hey now, you take that back. Link is not mute :colbert:

He lets out all sorts of grunts, kiais, and screams depending on his current actions.

(good ref though :tipshat:)

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This one is good. Makes me wonder if I'm misinterpreting it somehow.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sandpuppy posted:

I'm okay with the artistic composition (if not the words) of this Branco.

What a strange universe we're living in.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Have Branco's cartoons ever been based in reality? They don't appear to have any real commentary to anything happening. Rather they're just a series of sick burns based off of conservative sound bites. His version of Trump behaves entirely how he wishes Trump would behave, regardless of whether or not that's even in Trump's personality.

What I'm trying to say is, Branco's political cartooning reads more like a political fanfic than any kind of insightful commentary to the day's events.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

This one is good. Makes me wonder if I'm misinterpreting it somehow.

Cole is One of the Good Ones. It's a classic gag, but well done.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

War Wizard posted:

political cartooning reads more like a political fanfic than any kind of insightful commentary to the day's events.

Now you're getting it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

War Wizard posted:

Have Branco's cartoons ever been based in reality? They don't appear to have any real commentary to anything happening. Rather they're just a series of sick burns based off of conservative sound bites. His version of Trump behaves entirely how he wishes Trump would behave, regardless of whether or not that's even in Trump's personality.

What I'm trying to say is, Branco's political cartooning reads more like a political fanfic than any kind of insightful commentary to the day's events.

You seem to have written "Branco" everywhere you meant to write "Garrison".

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does any have have the Trump as Immortan Joe saying " Do not become attached to your healthcare" cartoon? VV Thanks VV

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 20, 2017

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Does any have have the Trump as Immortan Joe saying " Do not become attached to your healthcare" cartoon?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jedit posted:

Meanwhile, Trump introduces his latest appointee:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I love Everette True. He needs his own movie.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I could play the part, I'm built just like him.

I don't wear my pants that high, though.

Well guess what!

quote:

The American Bioscope Company made a series of silent short movies featuring Everett True, the first of which, Everett True Breaks Into The Movies was released in 1916, starring Robert Bolder as Everett and Paula Reinbold as Mrs True.

The only place I've been able to find any further trace of them is here.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Sandpuppy posted:

Happy Extinction Event Inauguration Day!

I love that his supporters all played along that he was saying "big league" instead of "bigly"

It's like how his Reddit page doesn't allow dissent. Barf.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I love that his supporters all played along that he was saying "big league" instead of "bigly"
He was. Is.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lol at Trump having Putin in an angry face.

Stockpile reductions for dropping Russian sanctions was literally proposed by Putin.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/822520680994455553

god drat it wrong loving thread but gently caress it, I'm leaving it up. I gotta clean up my tabs :\

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vib Rib posted:

Do you think Garrison will ever address issues in a future comic, or was the Trump win just too much self righteous smugness for him to handle and now he's permanently stuck doing "ha ha ha look at all the crying babies" comics?
Like in three years Trump could declare war with Alaska or some zany poo poo and Garrison would still be drawing ugly women that have tattoos crying about how Trump beat Hillary.

Why would he start now? He's never done it before.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Trump plagiarized Bane in acceptance speech

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I hope they didn't pull a muscle stretching so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did Reed Richards write this article? Because that is one hell of a stretch.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

OAquinas posted:

Plus, the national polling was pretty accurate.

There is that, too. loving voter turnout.

Good luck with the new Immortan, America. Try not to get nuked too close to Canada, please. :smithicide:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

neongrey posted:

loving voter turnout.

"Pfft, it's not like my one vote would make a difference" said 40+% of the voting population.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerusalem posted:

"Pfft, it's not like my one vote would make a difference" said 40+% of the voting population.

As long as you'll get the heavily gerrymanderable electoral college, this will be completely true. Evidence A: the winner of the popular vote isn't the winner of the electoral vote.

Hillary Clinton getting more votes in California wouldn't have changed anything.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The DC protest tomorrow may or may not have higher turnout than the inauguration depending on your source -- my wife and I are heading there NOW.

Will post pics Sunday if that's okay?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I just figured out how the Trump presidency might benefit both Israel and Palestine both.
If the American economy collepses to the point where America can't subsidise Israel, the Israeli government will not be as able to support the illegal settlements and would actually have to work with the UN to move forward.

So I got something to hope for, thanks Trump!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

The DC protest tomorrow may or may not have higher turnout than the inauguration depending on your source -- my wife and I are heading there NOW.

Will post pics Sunday if that's okay?

Please do, especially any signs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

But he ate a taco bowl that one time!

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Just kidding about the Bane thing.

He's actually the Joker.

https://youtu.be/LVjWVzFIPrk

Adbot