Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still 2 keys away from opening my first box.

Got Union Jack, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I actually spent some money to ensure that I would get Black Knight. Up until now I haven't missed one free hero. My objective is to walk out of this with all free heroes and one box hero, which seems doable.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I had all the free heroes it's giving away. I thought I would be able to get two box heroes (because I really wanted Punisher. But from all the annicdotial evidence I'm hearing you can only get him on your third or fourth box. Which is horseshit, but whatever.)

So I figured if I got Five keys from each boss I could do two boxes. And that was going fine.

Then this week they decide instead of you having six characters to fight the boss with...you only get five.
And the boss, Ronan, is just as hard as any other boss. So making it that you only have five characters to throw at him means you can't run two full teams. It's so rigged.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Yeah I'm giving up now. I managed to open one box (Electro). I also picked up Captain Britain, which I'm happy about because I like him but it is some bullshit that he could only fight 3 out of 4 bosses. Pretty disappointed overall.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I had everyone except for Blade and Jack O Lantern and I'm glad I was able to get Jack because he has the best dance animation bar none

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
So is the Hawkeye thing gonna be an actual event, or is it just gonna be an expansion of the main storyline? I thought Hawkeye was supposed to be a main line characer since he's been in the COMING SOON log for forever, and I could totally see them making Kate the pay to play character for this story string...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to be an Ultron event.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hawkeye is probably going to be the first event character that you can get just by playing the game, while Kate and whoever else that's joining will be premium or harder to get.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Here's my guess for the Ultron event's recruits: Clint is going to be some form of early access. Hopefully as a free recruit, possibly as a premium character if they want to get one last scrap of money from the Hawkeye fans before he's part of the story. (They could make him into just an event character, but come on. The Blasting Range lvl3 quest would directly lead into recruiting him if the story didn't cut off immediately before him.) Kate is... probably also going to be free, because this is the Hawkeye event as much as the Ultron event and they're going to want us to have a Hawkeye to work for that we won't get for free a month from now. I won't be that surprised if she ends up premium, though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Ultron event is going to give us Clint and Kate, also Viv Vision, Jacosta and of course Pizza Dog as characters.

If i had to guess, Viv and Pizza Dog will be Premium.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

source on that?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I hope that's true because I will pay an embarrassing amount of money for a Pizza Dog that's an actual character and not just a deco.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

TFRazorsaw posted:

source on that?

https://news.marvel.com/games/58219/ultron-brings-robot-revolution-marvel-avengers-academy/

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thanks

but will Pizza Dog compare to the majesty that is British Bulldog?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Oh my god that owns.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Radio! posted:

I hope that's true because I will pay an embarrassing amount of money for a Pizza Dog that's an actual character and not just a deco.

Yea, I'd also shell out for Viv as well, though I'd wish Vision was cheaper. He's like 40bux worth of crystals or something?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey alright, managed to open a single box at least and got Jack O Lantern. Him and Groot were the ones I was hoping for

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

It seems like a suspiciously high number of people are getting Jack O' Lantern. I've heard rumors that the odds are skewered so that he's the first guy jumping out of the crates.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not convinced anyone even unlocked him in the event so I could see that

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Patch is up, but not getting quests yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Patch is up, but not getting quests yet.

Up now.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Of course Lucky costs 777 shards, what else would he cost?

EDIT: Looks like their servers are getting crushed right now, keep getting disconnected...

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

If you're going to buy Lucky, I recommend having MODOK take him for a walk.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Napoleon Nelson posted:

If you're going to buy Lucky, I recommend having MODOK take him for a walk.

(stolen from Reddit)

Wait, if you have Undercover Widow, can you have Lucky dance with her? Someone please test this, this needs to be done...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat it, my dance floor is occupied for 2 more hours.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so uh

Ultron is totally in the right here, right?

I mean

Everything he said to Tony is absolutely true

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Hahaha Lucky owns

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Tango with Lucky.

It's not a full list is probably why. It's a set of compatible skeletons for the animation.

TFRazorsaw posted:

so uh

Ultron is totally in the right here, right?

I mean

Everything he said to Tony is absolutely true

Ultron's usually right about the issues, just not the solution.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This is a very Neon update. I approve.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

You guys, Lucky has an action that's just called "???"

I love this loving digital dog.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gnome de plume posted:

This is a very Neon update. I approve.

Yea I looks like the intro music should be replaced by NIght Club's Moonbeam City theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDF4bMoo0KM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not looking forward to these Robocap fights, that's quite the string of pre-reqs to get a fight started, and given the game's history I'm assuming I'll have to fight him a lot

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When I first saw that, I thought it says RoboCop and was very confused.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
It is really kind of awkward that the first two people on the list for Viv's "Trust fall" activity have been Mary Jane or Spider-Gwen every time. But I wouldn't put it past the game to make that deliberate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got my data transferred to iOS and it is insanely better on here, drat.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

1 year anniversary today so you get 50 free shards and Vision is on sale

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

1 year anniversary today so you get 50 free shards and Vision is on sale

Hell ya Vision! Now Viv can go "Daaaaad!"

Also DJ Viz lays down sick beats.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Am I missing something or do you need to get a full 7 streak on Destroyer to unlock Ultron?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Am I missing something or do you need to get a full 7 streak on Destroyer to unlock Ultron?

You do but his stats don't increase as much as previous bosses did.

He has 7200 attack and 18k HP at streak 7. Ultron had 14000 attack and 103k HP.

My attack team has about 6600 attack and 28k HP, so I probably don't even have to boost them to take down streak 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who's on your team? I've been using Viv, lucky and Jacosta.

• Locked thread