Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wow! That makes it uh... *furiously punches numbers on calculator* 4.20 euros!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Well I guess I'm getting The Order: 1886. 5 bucks was my threshold.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I finally grabbed Assault Android Cactus and yeah, gently caress Broforce for winning that PS+ vote. AAC is so drat good!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BisterdDave posted:

I finally grabbed Assault Android Cactus and yeah, gently caress Broforce for winning that PS+ vote. AAC is so drat good!
Yeah seriously. I'm meh on twinstick shooters except for that one.

However, if someone would just remake Zombies Ate my Neighbors all twinstick shooters would instantly be rendered obsolete.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm leaning towards Injustice. Is it just Mortal Kombat with Batman?

Also, I never played Bastion. Worth $5?

A lot of peeps have recommended Assault Android Cactus too. If I adore Enter the Gungeon would I like it despite its art style being way less charming?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bastion is absolutely worth $5 if you have any tendency at all towards ARPGs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm leaning towards Injustice. Is it just Mortal Kombat with Batman?

Also, I never played Bastion. Worth $5?

A lot of peeps have recommended Assault Android Cactus too. If I adore Enter the Gungeon would I like it despite its art style being way less charming?

yes but with actual blocking instead of a block button

yes

yes

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Your nephew is a talented genius

He really is, thanks friend. :hfive:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Never heard of this Assault Android game

Does it have online co-op?

Hell for $5 why not

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its twin stick score attack

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

I remember Dark Cloud 2 being so repetitive that even JRPG-addict teenage me grew bored of it, but if anyone wants to help me see the light on it, it'll be welcome.

I liked the environments and OST. However the late dungeons do get insanely lengthy and you will backtrack a bit for story reasons. Also it features construction and fishing minigames.

I'll be picking up Journey and Rogue Galaxy from the sale.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Infamous first son and second son pack for 12.99€. Looks like a good deal but I know nothing about this game aside that it is an open world with superpowers kind of thing, right?

Also God of War III remastered, that's one I'd pick since I played it a bit on PS3 and loved PSP ones.

Lots of good deals even after the huge January sale.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

What are some good picks for the us flash sale on ps4 and ps3?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nomadic Scholar posted:

What are some good picks for the us flash sale on ps4 and ps3?

Tomb Raider, Saint's Row, Sleeping Dogs, Dark Cloud 2, Journey, the DMC Collection, Shadow of the Colossus... honestly it's got a ton of good stuff, you'll find something you want out of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ya know. I think I'm kind of hyped for Ghost Recon: The Phantom Pain. It looks drat fun and Ubisoft has been putting out decent stuff lately. It's on my radar at least. I like that it's not a loot grind like the Division either.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I've flipped and flopped on the new ghost recon. I was hyped for it, then soured and now back to being interested. Think I will be picking it up at launch just so I can play it while there is a big player base. I enjoyed the hell out of The Division for the first couple of months so if I get a similar level of play out of it, it will be more than worth it.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Despite the jokes Knack is worth the 5$.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Knack and The Order are both easily worth $5 and your time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I keep wanting to see something cool in Ghost Recon (used to be one of my fav series) but everything looks so derivative. Like I know Ubisoft loves to reuse assets but I can't even see anything that hasn't already been in one of their other games.

Also I think Ubi has made it mandatory to have a small camera drone in every game. Even Steep had one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I keep wanting to see something cool in Ghost Recon (used to be one of my fav series) but everything looks so derivative. Like I know Ubisoft loves to reuse assets but I can't even see anything that hasn't already been in one of their other games.

Also I think Ubi has made it mandatory to have a small camera drone in every game. Even Steep had one.

Little Camera Drones are the Dogs of 2016-2017.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
He opened the door, walked in and goes, the hero has a little camera drone, and it malfunctions. And then he left and we didn't see him again for another month. We were like, what the gently caress? That was it. That was the direction.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How BAD is Killzone Shadowfall? Last one I played was Killzone on the PS2 and was decent for these days but should I just wait until they give it for PSNow or drops to 5$?

So far I'm getting God of War III remastered but I'm eyeing Infamous pack wich looks like Saints Row IV with all the superpowers but then I liked SR3 more because superpowers were boring for me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Steep has one because taking drones out to shoot extreme sports is one of their common uses :ms:.

Guillermus posted:

How BAD is Killzone Shadowfall? Last one I played was Killzone on the PS2 and was decent for these days but should I just wait until they give it for PSNow or drops to 5$?

loving dumb as poo poo. It's worth a look if you see it for $5, but prepare to have your intelligence insulted by the end.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The whole killzone series is like a tech demo for games that never come out.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Steep has one because taking drones out to shoot extreme sports is one of their common uses :ms:.

Wouldn't know - last time I went skiing, snowboarding was still controversial.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The whole killzone series is like a tech demo for games that never come out.

Horizon is that game, hopefully.

edit: vvv me either. If it wasn't basically the first game made for Pro, I wouldn't give it a second look.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 21, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have zero confidence in that team to make a story I care about.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i got 10 playstation funbux for some reason, and i bought Lego Marvel and Saints Row IV, pretty good, pretty good

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

loving dumb as poo poo. It's worth a look if you see it for $5, but prepare to have your intelligence insulted by the end.

Thanks! I'll give it a pass until it drops that low, same with The Order 1886 :haw:

On Saints Row IV topic: Does people like it more than 3? I found that the superpowers got boring fast and Prototype does the "be a super jerk" better. Am I broken? I liked 3 more since you started a gang in a new city and things start getting ridiculous. In IV is matrix plus aliens invade and gently caress up the earth wich I don't really get. That's what is stopping me from impulse buying InFamous that and the open world looks a bit empty, is it true?

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 21, 2017

revolther
May 27, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have zero confidence in that team to make a story I care about.
It's gonna be like Clan of the Cave Bear, except the Cave Bear has a glowing red Terminator eye and a warp nacelle for a cock.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

revolther posted:

It's gonna be like Clan of the Cave Bear, except the Cave Bear has a glowing red Terminator eye and a warp nacelle for a cock.

... go on.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
well that's infuriating. I used an American credit card when I was setting up my PS4, and now can't use any Canadian credit card or paypal and still keep my PSN/games. Talk about annoying.

Shame too. I was gunna buy Journey and the Order.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ufarn posted:

Today's the last chance to get Knack for 69% off in the EU sale.

Nice!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Iron Rose posted:

well that's infuriating. I used an American credit card when I was setting up my PS4, and now can't use any Canadian credit card or paypal and still keep my PSN/games. Talk about annoying.

Shame too. I was gunna buy Journey and the Order.
Did you move from America to Canada or something? Anyway yeah, you need that country's currency to buy things on its PS store and I doubt that will ever change.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Guillermus posted:

The other Killzones are fun shooters, even the one on the psp. Shadowfall was miserable, more focused on you getting to the next cutscene than actually being enjoyable.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

veni veni veni posted:

I know this sounds really weird but I swear gravity rush 2 seems like it's running off the disc...

It could be that it's just finishing the installation while it lets you play the beginning of the game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Picked up Android Assault Cactus from seeing some gameplay videos months ago. $5. Can't expect to beat that deal.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Anything worthwhile in Goat Simulator or Surgeon Simulator?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Anything worthwhile in Goat Simulator or Surgeon Simulator?

Goat Simulator is an easy platinum if you're into that sorta thing.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Killzone chat ITT cracks me up because while I never played it on PS4 the one that they--or another team?--made for Vita was really really good and had a decent MP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The PSP one was great to be honest. They could just do an HD version for PS4 and I'd buy it. Killzone and Warhammer 40k Squad Command were on my top list for old PSP.