Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I modelled my Tyrannocytes on the ground so I could still make the big spore mines, but now It could be argued that's modelling for advantage :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

TKIY posted:

I modelled my Tyrannocytes on the ground so I could still make the big spore mines, but now It could be argued that's modelling for advantage :/

"Modelling for advantage" =/= "modelling against disadvantage built in by a shitlord who intentionally harms the army"

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TKIY posted:

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

"Modelling for advantage" =/= "modelling against disadvantage built in by a shitlord who intentionally harms the army"

As someone who also used the big tentacles to make Mucolids, it's nice not needing a horsebox towed behind my car to transport the otherwise ridiculously-sized Tyrannocytes.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
On the plus side, Drop Pods have been cleared up

Q: Do Space Marine Drop Pod doors count as solid walls that
block line of sight?
A: No.
Q: Are Drop Pod doors ignored for game purposes
once deployed?
A: Yes.

Also, the extra attacks for Helbrutes and other dreadnoughts stuck around to become official

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

See, this is one of the reasons that I didn't want to grab a bunch for big bugs. What's the standard go-to for alternate models that don't have vaginacles?

I've got a couple of these ones.
https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=21

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

That is a choice paintjob.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Behemoth is always the coolest looking hive fleet.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Uh....

quote:

Q: You cannot usually move before a game starts. How do
you resolve results 1 and 2 on the Cult Ambush table for
Infiltrating units?
A: They move on from the specified board edge, despite
the fact it is not a Movement phase, but following the
usual movement rules. These units count as having come
in from Reserves.

Q: If a unit uses Cult Ambush to Infiltrate, can they move in
the first game turn?
A: Yes.

So... apparently Cult Ambush doesn't actually count as the Movement Phase and you can make a normal move.

:stare:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

Uh....

So... apparently Cult Ambush doesn't actually count as the Movement Phase and you can make a normal move.

:stare:

Still can't assault, but that's handy.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

TKIY posted:

Still can't assault, but that's handy.

Yeah, it's not assaulting, but considering 1 and 2 was "you're deploying normally or outflanking" before, it's now you're deploying normally or outflanking 12" :unsmigghh:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

CyberLord XP posted:

Glad to see Orks are still fired up.

Care to summarize? I don't want to read something for a game I don't play anymore.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Indolent Bastard posted:

Care to summarize? I don't want to read something for a game I don't play anymore.

Q: On the Mob Rule table, a result of 4-6 states that ‘A brawl
breaks out as the Orks decide what to do. When the dust settles,
nobody can remember what the trouble was about in the first
place’. Shouldn’t the subsequent hits then be Strength 3 rather
than 4, as that is the base strength of Boyz?
A: No. They’re really fired up!

Bonely
Jan 15, 2017

Beep. Boop. Cuckling.
:siren:Beep. Boop.:siren:

Greetings friendly warhammer players. Today is the last day to enter into Skullapaloozaa 2017- the 30k thread’s premiere skull [comedy] themed miniature painting and conversion contest. The contest begins tomorrow morning and will wrap up exactly nine weeks later on March 24th at 24:00 PST. There are multiple prizes [resin trinkets], several different awards [forums bans], a host of celebrity judges [drew short straw] , and some plot twist surprises [more comedy]. We will be posting the results of our Iron Warrior Haiku raffle, winner getting their very own Typhon [large resin tank], soon. We hope you’ll join us in having fun with our hobby:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805534

Remember: A questioning servant is more dangerous than an ignorant heretic [obey]

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

Q: On the Mob Rule table, a result of 4-6 states that ‘A brawl
breaks out as the Orks decide what to do. When the dust settles,
nobody can remember what the trouble was about in the first
place’. Shouldn’t the subsequent hits then be Strength 3 rather
than 4, as that is the base strength of Boyz?
A: No. They’re really fired up!

Warhammer 40k: No! They're really fired up!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

Warhammer 40k: No! They're really fired up not Space Marines!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

So the Porphyrion is like the Death Star now, right? Your brave suicide bombers have to make a trench run down its dead zone and throw Melta Bombs at its robot balls.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Welcome to the Knight age, per the Official FAQ this is their new firing arc.

No seriously.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

So the Porphyrion is like the Death Star now, right? Your brave suicide bombers have to make a trench run down its dead zone and throw Melta Bombs at its robot balls.

loving amazing.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's okay, I'm perfectly fine paying £95 and 470 points for a model whose only forward weapon is a meltagun. This is fine.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I would not be in the least bit upset if I had bought and painted a Baronial or Exalted court.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's fine.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

So the Porphyrion is like the Death Star now, right? Your brave suicide bombers have to make a trench run down its dead zone and throw calmly plant Melta Bombs one at a time on its robot balls.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Do you think they'll update Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade with this new errata?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

panascope posted:

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Hencoe posted:

No seriously.

Surely this just some kind of hyperbolic interpretation of the F.A-

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Imperial_Knights_v1.0.pdf

Oh

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
So if you have a variant with two ranged weapons on the arms, they can't possibly ever fire at the same target....? Nice.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Hencoe posted:

No seriously.

Hahaha, that's beautiful.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's fine. A Knight Warden only costs £95. Who cares?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

So what if your two hundred trump bucks model can't shoot directly in front of itself? How often does that even come up?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hencoe posted:

No seriously.

Oh my god I get to trench run in single file with Reavers :allears:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
The target area is only two meters wide: it's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

The target area is only two meters wide: it's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system.

Everyone knows that we wont use the metric system in the future, it will all be Imperial.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
So guys, I have come into a sizable block of IG infantry. Mostly plastic, a bunch of weapon teams and commisars. Like 3 tanks and a couple command looking attachments. All unpainted. What will be the path of least resistance unloading this, cash preferable?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It's okay, I'm perfectly fine paying £95 and 470 points for a model whose only forward weapon is a meltagun. This is fine.

Can you imagine somebody bringing one, or even TWO, and concentrating their fire onto your beautiful new Magnus the Red™ or Lord of Change™ model and evaporating it from the table? Though those may be large enough to get both weapons on. Honestly I'm all for reducing the value of super-heavies but this seems like a ham-fisted way to do it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bombogenesis posted:

Can you imagine somebody bringing one, or even TWO, and concentrating their fire onto your beautiful new Magnus the Red™ or Lord of Change™ model and evaporating it from the table? Though those may be large enough to get both weapons on. Honestly I'm all for reducing the value of super-heavies but this seems like a ham-fisted way to do it.

Bombogenesis posted:

Can you imagine somebody bringing one, or even TWO, and concentrating their fire onto your beautiful new Archaon the Everchosen™ or Malekith™ model and evaporating it from the table? Though those may be large enough to get both cannons on. Honestly I'm all for reducing the value of war machines but this seems like a ham-fisted way to do it.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Stanyer89 posted:

Everyone knows that we wont use the metric system in the future, it will all be Imperial.
:golfclap:

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Puppetswar. Thanks, man! Does it make me a shitter that when the Euro took a shot to the junk, I ordered my counts-as Wraiths in Merkelmarks instead of burgerbux?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
This is the direct image and text from the Knight FAQ:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm aware that I'm dumb and tired tonight, but I still don't get why those arcs are offset like that. They aren't based on the forward facing, or physical positioning of the guns, or the hull of the vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TKIY posted:

This is the direct image and text from the Knight FAQ:

This is so loving bad. They were better off just saying "yes, 45 degree arc in front for each" and leaving it there.

• Locked thread