Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

birth of a nation was a good (not great) movie with some amazing sequences (the best being the aftermath of the rebellion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

got any sevens posted:

Seems like the films that get bood tend to be better.

It's almost like Sundance fans don't actually like Sundance

Wait a minute that's terrible-- <executed>

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Everything Xander cage says and thinks is cool is really cringe worthy and somehow nobody calls him on his poo poo.

So they're repeating the same formula that made the original film a smash hit? WELCOME TO THE XANDER ZONE! /does a sweet kick flip

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I'm watching the new xx x movie and wow, this is such an aged dude Bro show. The target audience seems to be people nursing either five sexually transmitted diseases or paying support for illegitimate twins after a few full moon parties.

You're texting during a movie? Bad!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's a morning matinee, there are no rukes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

So they're repeating the same formula that made the original film a smash hit? WELCOME TO THE XANDER ZONE! /does a sweet kick flip

A sweet motorcycle kick flip!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

The Hamlet 2 effect.

A good movie.

Which I watched after the backlash. Some movies just aren't made for high expectations, especially comedies.

edit;

Won free tickets from filling up petrol. But good catch!

lol, that's a very apt way to win tickets for this movie. Other ways include being given a ticket as a distraction as you're being served papers for a divorce, as a sweetener to show up at court for late alimony payments, and shoved in as a bookmark on a tattered Men's Health magazine focusing on HGH found at a free clinic .

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 20, 2017

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Tars Tarkas posted:

Inframan all day every day

Fear Queen Dragonmom!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lobok posted:

And according to IMDB he is rumoured to be doing the next GI Joe.

Oooooof, from the sound of y'all discussing XXX3 I think we've finally found the one way to keep me out of another GI Joe flick.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
We used to have Milo and Otis on VHS when I was young, and I was pretty bummed when I read about the alleged stuff behind the scenes on it. Wiki says it was never fully verified, but hard to excise that smoke even if there was never a fire... I couldn't watch it now without just thinking about that the whole time.

(Or most animal-starring Hollywood movies at this point)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
They should have just gotten a Golden Lab for that scene, those jokers love water. And then the next scene, back to German Shepherd without acknowledging the change.

The Lab should have a tennis ball in his mouth and he's wagging his tail vigorously.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
The funny thing is that I would have no problem with a bunch of dumb humans pushing a dumb German shepherd into a heated wave pool if I knew it ended with the dog triumphantly returning and straight up revenge-killing a bunch of dudes a la The Painted Hills.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

K. Waste posted:

The funny thing is that I would have no problem with a bunch of dumb humans pushing a dumb German shepherd into a heated wave pool if I knew it ended with the dog triumphantly returning and straight up revenge-killing a bunch of dudes a la The Painted Hills.

poo poo you just wrote John Wick 3.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oooooof, from the sound of y'all discussing XXX3 I think we've finally found the one way to keep me out of another GI Joe flick.

I still REFUSE to see the second one since they got rid of Sommers/most of the cast, the first one was fun dammit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Barudak posted:

And the vehicle for Corey Feldmen's triumphant return.

CUT TO

PET SEMETARY, YA, LIKE THE STEPHEN KING ONE WHY NOT

Corey Feldman stands over a grave, the grave says Bonkers (what was the dog's name again).

Lightning strikes.

A paw reaches out of the ground.

This summer, a dog doesn't bark

It barks....

BULLETS

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Speaking of bad directors, did people finally stop giving big budget movies to McG? I can't really recall him being attached to anything huge after Terminator Salvation.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MrBling posted:

Speaking of bad directors, did people finally stop giving big budget movies to McG? I can't really recall him being attached to anything huge after Terminator Salvation.

He's on a He-Man reboot according to Wiki.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

Keanu shared universe!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

got any sevens posted:

Keanu shared universe!

+ Cats & Dogs origin re-boot.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

MrBling posted:

He's a pretty significant producer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Re: Birth of a Nation

We were set to begin ramping up the campaign and then it was basically dropped like Oswald Cobblepot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's a shame, like i said movie was good.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's a shame, like i said movie was good.

It was pretty disgusting seeing the blatant double standards between what happened with Birth of a Nation and Manchester by the Sea.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

ruddiger posted:

It was pretty disgusting seeing the blatant double standards between what happened with Birth of a Nation and Manchester by the Sea.
Double standards were there, but the situations were also pretty different.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What happened with Manchester by the Sea?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It sexually harassed other movies

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

greatn posted:

Let me get this straight though. No dog was actually harmed. There was a humane society rep on set and observing who apparently voiced no objections. People are mad because a dog looks scared? When dogs have emotions that are completely different than humans and don't show them in the same way as even other dogs.

The dog refused to go into the water and the trainer grabbed it by the collar and threw it in, whereupon it was carried to the end of the pool and sank under the water. Is that not harm?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Terminators are back again for the whateverth time this is.

quote:

James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet. Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

David Ellison, whose Skydance co-financed Terminator Genisys, is bankrolling an exploratory effort that includes engaging some top-flight science fiction authors to find the movie creatively. Ellison still holds many Terminator rights, after his 2013 acquisition from sister and Annapurna principal Megan Ellison. She bought them in 2011 at Cannes for $20 million.

So, yay Cameron being back even though he'll be busy doing Avatar stuff and is mostly there to make sure Tim Miller doesn't go all Genisys on us.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe they should send a terminator to Avatar planet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jack Gladney posted:

The dog refused to go into the water and the trainer grabbed it by the collar and threw it in, whereupon it was carried to the end of the pool and sank under the water. Is that not harm?

And the people who know about these things are going ape poo poo because the dog immediately sank, suggesting that it was exhausted and may have therefore been thrown in multiple times.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

greatn posted:

Maybe they should send a terminator to Avatar planet.

Underwater

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Tars Tarkas posted:

Terminators are back again for the whateverth time this is.

So, yay Cameron being back even though he'll be busy doing Avatar stuff and is mostly there to make sure Tim Miller doesn't go all Genisys on us.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/terminator-james-cameron-deadpool-tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

Didn't Cameron like Genisys?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Terminators vs Aliens

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Cameron claims to like all of the Terminator movies in pre-release, because he's not going to pull a George Lucas and stab people in the back after they paid him billions of dollars.

I didn't dislike Genisys myself, although it was badly hurt by its "trailer is the entire plot" advertising and miscast leads.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

What happened with Manchester by the Sea?

http://decider.com/2016/11/28/casey-affleck-sexual-harassment-charges/

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think Paramount or whoever basically gave him enough money/pulled enough favors to get him to say something non-critical of the film before it was released. I imagine once 2019 comes around, we'll be hearing stuff like 'We're going back to what made 2 good (cause the rest is poo poo).

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I couldn't help liking Genisys for the balls to take all the resulting temporal chicanery from T2 on, and just run with it. It's not a very good movie overall, but points for having characters be as :wtc: about timelines as the audience is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If Cameron gets all the rights back in 2019 couldn't they film it before then as long as there's no promotional poo poo released before the rights revert?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Terminators vs Aliens

No poo poo.

If you ever read the Colonial Marines series Dark Horse put out in the '90s (it's also in one of the later omnibus editions, I believe), it has some awesome and weird poo poo like human-alien hybrids, a protagonist that turns into a foil halfway through the series, cranial bombs, Vasquez's sister who has a complex about xenomorphs, and a synth that you find out has been built for anti-xenomorph combat. His last act in the series is providing cover fire with twin pulse rifles as the marines bug out of a self-destructing space station, alien blood splashing off his acid-proof skin. He even survives the nuclear charge, mangled but capable of making an interstellar transmission before going into stasis in orbit of a planet.

So, yeah, Terminators vs. Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Shageletic posted:

I still REFUSE to see the second one since they got rid of Sommers/most of the cast, the first one was fun dammit.

The back half was okay, but yeah, it was not nearly as fun as the first. President Shapeshifter was some amazing ham all film long though.

• Locked thread