Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
The team just qualifies for a bit of a bonus if they all do well. I don't think you lose out on much. Single qualified people have been at a huge disadvantage for years anyway. That and jerseys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

gwrtheyrn posted:

is push really that big of a deal for merfolk compared to all the other removal that's already in jund colors + ee?

Jund had ONE answer to Master of Waves in Maelstrom Pulse prior to Push. Now it has a 1-mana answer to your finisher.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cactrot posted:

Was hoping they'd be Team Fire and Team Ball.

Fireball Black, Fireball Red, Fireball Wolfpac, etc.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Sickening posted:

That fire team looks like the leftover team.

What about all the random folks who qualified for the pro tour but don't have a team? Are they just poo poo out of luck? Seems weird to qualify people individually but make the pt a team centered thing.

Wait, teams are just cosmetic? Silly.

Like 90% of the PT are random dudes that won a RPTQ and don't have a pro team to test with and get stomped as a result.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Actually being without a team is now an advantage because you don't have to wear a jersey.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShadeofBlue posted:

Actually being without a team is now an advantage because you don't have to wear a jersey.

My team just has really soft T-shirts.

Also we're terrible.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Z7NfV

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Balon posted:

Jund had ONE answer to Master of Waves in Maelstrom Pulse prior to Push. Now it has a 1-mana answer to your finisher.

Not strictly true, but being able to hit master of waves is more relevant than just being a one for one removal spell

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

What do you bet this ends up being stupidly valuable

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
What is it on the back? Excess foiling or something?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

What is it on the back? Excess foiling or something?

The prerelease date stamp.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

sit on my Facebook posted:

What do you bet this ends up being stupidly valuable

This kind of poo poo gets posted on the misprints FB group all the time. It'd probably go for like $50, maybe?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
So...is 50 bucks bad for a borderline-playable mythic, or....?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Sigma-X posted:

This kind of poo poo gets posted on the misprints FB group all the time. It'd probably go for like $50, maybe?

Do you have a link to that fb group? I bought a box today and got a slightly miscut black vise masterpiece.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Sickening posted:

That fire team looks like the leftover team.

What about all the random folks who qualified for the pro tour but don't have a team? Are they just poo poo out of luck? Seems weird to qualify people individually but make the pt a team centered thing.

Wait, teams are just cosmetic? Silly.

magic is a real esport now

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?
This evening I have played a basic ub control list against the feared "cat combo" and owned it 90/10. Thus there exists decks (at least one) to keep it in check.

This talk about banning and how FNM will receive this kind of meta is stupid. It like saying "the queen in chess is too OP! We should all just play with pawns because new dudes are too stupid to learn the current meta"

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TwistedNails posted:

Do you have a link to that fb group? I bought a box today and got a slightly miscut black vise masterpiece.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MTGmisprints/

If it's slightly offcenter it's not going to fly there, but if one of the corners isn't curved it will, not sure what 'slightly miscut' means.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

DoctorOozy posted:

This evening I have played a basic ub control list against the feared "cat combo" and owned it 90/10. Thus there exists decks (at least one) to keep it in check.

This talk about banning and how FNM will receive this kind of meta is stupid. It like saying "the queen in chess is too OP! We should all just play with pawns because new dudes are too stupid to learn the current meta"

Yes they should definitely ignore more casual players because gently caress them for not getting good.

Your comparison to chess is utterly asinine.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DoctorOozy posted:

if only one player out of sixteen were allowed to play an overpowered deck, six people were allowed to play slightly different overpowered decks, eight people had to play intro decks, and one player was only allowed to play sixty basic lands, then sure the MTG metagame is exactly like chess.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Sigma-X posted:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MTGmisprints/

If it's slightly offcenter it's not going to fly there, but if one of the corners isn't curved it will, not sure what 'slightly miscut' means.

Thanks, not sure if they'd want something like this but the card is very off center and the upper left corner has possibly the start of a letter from another card on the sheet on it.

Edit: After reading their rules it doesn't look like it belongs there so I'll hold it for a while and try and sell it normally to a person or a store.

TwistedNails fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 21, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Can someone post the W/R humans list from SCG that Tom Ross was playing in videos 1-2 days ago?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

80s James Hetfield posted:

Can someone post the W/R humans list from SCG that Tom Ross was playing in videos 1-2 days ago?
I don't have SCG but I saw the list on reddit:

Wr Humans

Creatures (31)

3 Expedition Envoy
4 Inventor's Apprentice
4 Town Gossipmonger
4 Thraben Inspector
4 Thalia's Lieutenant
4 Metallic Mimic
1 Hanweir Militia Captain
2 Kari Zev, Skyship Raider
3 Pia Nalaar
2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar

Spells (7)
2 Collective Effort
1 Declaration in Stone
4 Shock

Lands (22)

2 Aether Hub
4 Inspiring Vantage
2 Needle Spires
9 Plains
5 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
2 Decommission
2 Authority of the Consuls
2 Hanweir Garrison
1 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
2 Repel the Abominable
1 Declaration in Stone
2 Needle Spires
3 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Thank you, you've done the Lord's work

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Thanks for the fish links. A lot of the decks listed seemed a bit unoptimized/budget or dated though. I think I'm gonna roll with:

4x Cursecatcher
4x Lord of Atlantis
4x Master of the Pearl Trident
4x Harbinger of the Tides
4x Silvergill Adept
3x Merrow Reejery
3x Master of Waves
2x Kira
1x Illusion guy

4x Spreading Seas
4x Aether Vial
1x Spell Pierce
2x Vapor Snag

4x Mutavault
3x Cavern of Souls
2x Wanderwine Hub
1x Oboro
1x Minamo
9x Island

SB (not tuned):

1x Spell Pierce
2x Tidebinder Mage
2x Spellskite
2x Negate
2x Relic of Progenitus
2x Dismember
3x Hurkyl's Recall
1x Skaab Ruinator (metagame call)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Should have left it in the plastic.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

DoctorOozy posted:

It like saying "the queen in chess is too OP! We should all just play with pawns because new dudes are too stupid to learn the current meta"

speaking as someone who played competitive chess for a long time, :psypop: this analogy makes no sense

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Elyv posted:

speaking as someone who played competitive chess for a long time, :psypop: this analogy makes no sense

well how many queens did you run? if it was less than 64 you were playing a suboptimal build

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Only 2 guys showed up with cats tonight. They split the finals. Seems fine.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Thanks for the fish links. A lot of the decks listed seemed a bit unoptimized/budget or dated though. I think I'm gonna roll with:

4x Cursecatcher
4x Lord of Atlantis
4x Master of the Pearl Trident
4x Harbinger of the Tides
4x Silvergill Adept
3x Merrow Reejery
3x Master of Waves
2x Kira
1x Illusion guy

4x Spreading Seas
4x Aether Vial
1x Spell Pierce
2x Vapor Snag

4x Mutavault
3x Cavern of Souls
2x Wanderwine Hub
1x Oboro
1x Minamo
9x Island

SB (not tuned):

1x Spell Pierce
2x Tidebinder Mage
2x Spellskite
2x Negate
2x Relic of Progenitus
2x Dismember
3x Hurkyl's Recall
1x Skaab Ruinator (metagame call)

One thing to be cognizant of is how many blood moons are in your meta. If you expect a lot of blood moon you should probably cut 1x minamo, 1x cavern of souls and 2x wanderwine hub for 4x island. You can get blood mooned out. Also, I know at least one streamer, Nikachu, was using Vedillion Clique in place of Kira. V clique has some good upsides, and provides a form of interaction fish doesnt usually get. Also it is easier on your caverns, as you can in a pinch, just name wizard which, while not as good as naming merfolk will allow you to cast everything but phantasmal image and reejerey

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

Only 2 guys showed up with cats tonight. They split the finals. Seems fine.

Played against it all night with G/W tokens and games seemed only winnable after sideboard for any meaningful %. G/W tokens with 2x hearts was a very enjoyable night of standard though. Could be a really great deck if cat doesn't take over.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Sickening posted:

Played against it all night with G/W tokens and games seemed only winnable after sideboard for any meaningful %. G/W tokens with 2x hearts was a very enjoyable night of standard though. Could be a really great deck if cat doesn't take over.

I will support endless cat hell to the death if it means GW is stillborn

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
My FNM had a handful of cats but also a bunch of blue control, so tons of the matches went to time. An opponent of mine was playing an Inspiring Statuary deck, and after seeing it in action I'm really excited to find out what a refined list is capable of.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

TwistedNails posted:

Thanks, not sure if they'd want something like this but the card is very off center and the upper left corner has possibly the start of a letter from another card on the sheet on it.

Edit: After reading their rules it doesn't look like it belongs there so I'll hold it for a while and try and sell it normally to a person or a store.

I can definitely see the start of the border of the next card all along the left, so I'd say it does fit the rules.
Not much harm in submitting. If the admins say no, then its a no.
If there's not enoigh interest, then you still have it to sell in person.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Elyv posted:

Indeed it does not. Nore does banning stuff because it too hard for newbies.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Lots of GW Tokens and Cats at my store last night.

Fogged my way to a 3-1 record. It's cool how this deck can still hang now that the meta is switching towards insane aggro decks

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
Want dat fog decklist. Sounds like A Good Time.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

And our first match for SCG Colombus iiiis.

Huh. Grixis Control vs 4 Color Colossus. I'm surprised it's not humans vs humans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

And our first match for SCG Colombus iiiis.

Huh. Grixis Control vs 4 Color Colossus. I'm surprised it's not humans vs humans.

These decks are both super bad. Lots of durdling going on.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

This kids hands aren't big enough to shuffle his cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

These decks are both super bad. Lots of durdling going on.

Yep. Colossus is a deck that just falls over to white exile removal spells.

• Locked thread