Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I got my turn in but there were two T1 stales. I'd be down for a restart / announced launch of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Voyager I posted:

I got my turn in but there were two T1 stales. I'd be down for a restart / announced launch of game.

I'm one of them. Thankfully the situation wasn't as bad as I thought, as my starting position is good enough for me to dig my way out. Will be ok with any decision.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
From a neutral party who was once a noobie: restart the game.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Okay i will restart the game once I get home. Sorry about that guys

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Okay I restarted the game, upload your pretenders. I gave the first turn a 48 hour timer so noone misses it this time :)

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Okay I restarted the game, upload your pretenders. I gave the first turn a 48 hour timer so noone misses it this time :)

Also don't forget to name your prophets on the first turn. You can't rename them after they become prophets.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

Also don't forget to name your prophets on the first turn. You can't rename them after they become prophets.

Also, for later in the game: You can't rename dudes who've become famous, which can easily happen by just gaining enough experience. So just in case your prophet bites it, make sure you dole out the funny names as early as possible. Nothing is more lame then then finding out the guy you wanted to be your new prophet can't be renamed anymore.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Question can I change my nation as I am already playing C'tis in another game and would like to try something different.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question can I change my nation as I am already playing C'tis in another game and would like to try something different.

Yeah sure

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Going for Lanka instead.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Leperflesh posted:

Thank you for this very helpful and precise post! It might be a good little snippet to quote in the OP since it is directly relevant to getting going in your first couple of years of play.

Could you also explain exactly how admin adds to gold income? I'm not sure yet if building those admin+ add-on things for a fort are worth it or not.

I believe although I'm not 100% sure that admin adds the admin value as a flat # to gold income.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So it costs 200 gold for like +5 gold a turn? Yuck.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

TheDemon posted:

I believe although I'm not 100% sure that admin adds the admin value as a flat # to gold income.

This is absolutely not what it is. I don't know the actual formula but is a percentage/algorithm, not a flat addition.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Per the manual, you basically add half a percent per point of your fort admin onto a forted province's income. So roads are worth about 2.5% extra income per turn. On a sufficiently big province (such as a capital!) its definitely worth it, on others it's sometimes very nice to have for mobility purposes but it's not mega important financially.

e: Admin also adds to supplies in local provinces.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 21, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
hi everyone i made a new game the new game is called "im going to play lemuria" its a late ages game with no earth snakes allowed and 15/24 throne points required to win. its ready for sign ups and uploads.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Still waiting on one more pretender upload in the newbeh game

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Still waiting on one more pretender upload in the newbeh game

Looks like Kiejzar? Pangaea is still open.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Tagichatn posted:

Looks like Kiejzar? Pangaea is still open.

I'm gonna give him until tomorrow at noon to upload or someone else can play their spot I guess

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
open up pan, press r on god creation, set em AI

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm gonna give him until tomorrow at noon to upload or someone else can play their spot I guess

I'll do it :greenangel:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Okay yeah man, sign up here

http://www.brainwrinkle.net/games/368

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

that was a joke! i'm very not a newbie and also pan is disgustly good, it probably wouldn't be very fun for y'all

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Looks like there's 9 players now.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

This is a PSA that if you're consistently last to take your turn, please consider doing 2 turns at once (submit your turn, wait for it to roll over, and then take the next turn). Looking at you Helheim in Newbie Overflow.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
I am posting to be auth'd on Brainwrinkle for this madness.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Tagichatn posted:

Looks like there's 9 players now.

Okay Early Age Newb game is starting :siren:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's not working.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I posted this in the wrong dominions thread originally, but: is there a handy source for what start biases, including starting province type, different nations have?

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
What the hell is this? I thought normal army movement happened simultaneously and that you couldn't catch someone by chasing them.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

VendoViper posted:

What the hell is this? I thought normal army movement happened simultaneously and that you couldn't catch someone by chasing them.

You're gonna wanna give us some context for this one.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

VendoViper posted:

Your army probably had a hosed up order and also dominions 4 is really bad.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
So I was on a fort, gave a move order to a province I controlled. Other player, who owned the fort in the province I started from sent some birds to take the province I was moving to from the 1 PD. So my best guess is that instead of beating all the birds to death, my guys decided that they should stick around to get pimp slapped by a god instead.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

if the birds you are talking about were black hawks then the birds came from the spell call of the winds . battles caused by spells resolve before regular movement, so your order changed from being a friendly move to being a offensive move, or if the province was not directly adjacent to you it became and illegal move, so it didnt resolve. You got owned.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

owned by crows. crowned. wait

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

violent sex idiot posted:

if the birds you are talking about were black hawks then the birds came from the spell call of the winds . battles caused by spells resolve before regular movement, so your order changed from being a friendly move to being a offensive move, or if the province was not directly adjacent to you it became and illegal move, so it didnt resolve. You got owned.

Great theory, unfortunately

There is no reason that shouldn't have been a legal move.

No matter why it happened, I think we can all agree I got crowned.

VendoViper fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 25, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

when his birds take that province in the magic phase it makes your orders change from being friendly movement, which happens before offensive movement, to another offensive movement. Because your move and his move are both offensive movement they happen in semirandom order. His move happened before yours and i assume you lost the battle, so you got owned.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

when his birds take that province in the magic phase it makes your orders change from being friendly movement, which happens before offensive movement, to another offensive movement. Because your move and his move are both offensive movement they happen in semirandom order. His move happened before yours and i assume you lost the battle, so you got owned.

?to

Don't all moves resolve before battles?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Decrepus posted:

?to

Don't all moves resolve before battles?

No. The magic phase comes first, then friendly to friendly province moves, then into hostile ones. I learned this teleporting my pretender into a big battle I wanted him to cast spells in and he died alone.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

No. The magic phase comes first, then friendly to friendly province moves, then into hostile ones. I learned this teleporting my pretender into a big battle I wanted him to cast spells in and he died alone.

Oh yeah I know about the magic battle thing. But walking away or past the enemy army is a time honored Dominions tradition. You never catch the guy by follow straight behind him in normal fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Decrepus posted:

Oh yeah I know about the magic battle thing. But walking away or past the enemy army is a time honored Dominions tradition. You never catch the guy by follow straight behind him in normal fights.

I think you can catch him if you force a battle in his province. So if you do a cheap remote summon in the province his army is in then that'll force a combat and cancel his movement order. Alternatively you can just activate a scout.

• Locked thread