Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Internet Kraken posted:

But he ate a taco bowl that one time!

Technically he just sat near it.

We never saw him eat it, nor even cut into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Political Vs. Party

Thanks for the hot takes, man who wanted to be Jon Arbuckle when he grew up.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Crain posted:

Technically he just sat near it.

We never saw him eat it, nor even cut into it.

Please also never forget that he left a picture of his ex wife in a bikini sticking out of the stack of papers he's eating on.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Cat Mattress posted:

Political Vs. Party

Thanks for the hot takes, man who wanted to be Jon Arbuckle when he grew up.

Okay, I haven't paid attention to "PvP" in over a decade. Wow, that's how the art looks now?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's literally the penny arcade art style from a few years back.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Freakishly misshapen and miscolored noses? Yep, looks pretty penny arcadish to me

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

On this dark day, I give you sweet memories of a more innocent time. I give you... DOG ON CAR

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

.Edward Penischin posted:

Just kidding about the Bane thing.

He's actually the Joker.

https://youtu.be/LVjWVzFIPrk

I always figured him for the Penguin

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

It's literally the penny arcade art style from a few years back.

I actually thought it was penny arcade until Mister Beeg pointed it out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i mean at least it looks better than current pa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My god what is that massive bulge in his head?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Haha no way

Samurai Sanders posted:

Jerry, the other doctors and I have been keeping an eye on that enlarged vocabulary for years now . . . but it's become malignant much more abruptly than we could have anticipated. I'm so sorry Jerry. There's nothing we can do.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

In season 8 he got a magical demonic tombstone lodged in his brain sideways. That's why the back of his head is all square.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

If Rall had absolutely any degree of talent, he'd be drawing something like this:
http://www.theonion.com/article/departing-obama-tearfully-shoos-away-loyal-drone-f-55100

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
An alt-right shithead got punched in the face on live television today. That person who punched him did far more than what Rall would ever do.

(he had a Pepe pin on his shirt, to bring this on-topic to the thread)

EDIT: Oh, here's another "clown" cartoon to add to the pile:

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 21, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"I don't have a single loving clue how state/local politics works, what can do to get involved?"

"Well you could learn how state and local politics works. It's not complicated."

"BUT IT'S AN ARISTOCRACY!!"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"I don't have a single loving clue how state/local politics works, what can do to get involved?"

"Well you could learn how state and local politics works. It's not complicated."

"BUT IT'S AN ARISTOCRACY!!"
I thought maybe the joke was that this political approach doesn't work in a Generic Medieval Fantasy Realm, where it literally is an aristocracy.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I'm posting this cover for "Captain America #1" because it's fitting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mister Beeg posted:

I'm posting this cover for "Captain America #1" because it's fitting.

"Sentinel of our swords"? Am I reading that right? Also I wonder what the "other great features" are?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

"Sentinel of our swords"? Am I reading that right?
"Sentinel of our Shores"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I thought maybe the joke was that this political approach doesn't work in a Generic Medieval Fantasy Realm, where it literally is an aristocracy.
It's a role playing game. Adventure for long enough and you too can be Lord of Waterdeep.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

My favorite part of that comic is that it went on sale a year before Pearl Harbor.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The Democrats need more than better messaging. Politico sums up their predicament in a piece called “Democrats in the Wilderness“:

quote:

They were counting on a Clinton win to paper over a deeper rot they’ve been worrying about—and to buy them some time to start coming up with answers. In other words, it wasn’t just Donald Trump. Or the Russians. Or James Comey. Or all the problems with how Clinton and her aides ran the campaign. Win or lose, Democrats were facing an existential crisis in the years ahead—the result of years of complacency, ignoring the withering of the grass roots and the state parties, sitting by as Republicans racked up local win after local win.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

"Sentinel of our Shores"
That makes slightly more sense I guess.

When do we get the statistics on how many people attended the inauguration and for what purpose?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Edmund Lava posted:

My favorite part of that comic is that it went on sale a year before Pearl Harbor.
Yep, and that actually pissed off a lot of people when it first came out. Fiorello La Guardia, mayor of New York City at the time, had to call for police protection at the offices of Marvel Comics because they got so many death threats against them.

"Captain America" was, quite literally, created as a political statement against the Nazis.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ramirez kept trying with the hook for eight years but the skillful Wormbama kept dodging.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mister Beeg posted:

Yep, and that actually pissed off a lot of people when it first came out. Fiorello La Guardia, mayor of New York City at the time, had to call for police protection at the offices of Marvel Comics because they got so many death threats against them.

"Captain America" was, quite literally, created as a political statement against the Nazis.

If I remember right some pro-Nazi thugs showed up at Marvel offices wanting to pick a fight and Jack Kirby rolled up his sleeves and was gonna go out and beat the poo poo out of them.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Jerusalem posted:

If I remember right some pro-Nazi thugs showed up at Marvel offices wanting to pick a fight and Jack Kirby rolled up his sleeves and was gonna go out and beat the poo poo out of them.

I was just trying to find the source on that one. Kirby also threatened some monster goons who came in to shake them down. Jack Kirby was kind of nuts.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

[/quote]

Check out the broken clock that is Bok! His commentary isn't entirely wrong for a change. Heavily slanted and ignoring some actual issues, but the crux of it was semi-correct.

Now he can resume being loving wrong for the remainder of the year.

Edit: wait, no. It was politico's commentary, not Bok's. Phew, was getting worried there for a moment.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gonna have to draw Turmp at some point, ramirez.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Edmund Lava posted:

I was just trying to find the source on that one. Kirby also threatened some monster goons who came in to shake them down. Jack Kirby was kind of nuts.

I assume this was supposed to be 'mobster' but I'm going to believe in what you wrote, instead

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mister Beeg posted:

Just want to throw out a blanket book recommendation for anyone fascinated by this, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay is a really good book but heads up it's also super depressing

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I'd bet that Ramirez has been sitting on his recent Obama toons for years, furious that he wasn't able to use them when Obama won his reelection.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Edmund Lava posted:

I was just trying to find the source on that one. Kirby also threatened some monster goons who came in to shake them down. Jack Kirby was kind of nutsloving awesome.

FTFY

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

War Wizard posted:

Have Branco's cartoons ever been based in reality? They don't appear to have any real commentary to anything happening. Rather they're just a series of sick burns based off of conservative sound bites. His version of Trump behaves entirely how he wishes Trump would behave, regardless of whether or not that's even in Trump's personality.

What I'm trying to say is, Branco's political cartooning reads more like a political fanfic than any kind of insightful commentary to the day's events.

New thread title:

"More like political fanfic than commentary to the day's events"

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

We've succeeded in our goal to keep Obama a two-term president!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MikeyTsi posted:

We've succeeded in our goal to keep Obama a two-term president!

Interesting that the Republicans ended up adopting the same strategy the Democrats used during the Bush years.

• Locked thread