Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Isn't Shane Thorn legit hurt? Was that a work to cover him going out, or did he get hurt after this taping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Also I would like to request a gif of Bobby Roode doing Nakamura's shake

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Accident Underwater posted:

Isn't Shane Thorn legit hurt? Was that a work to cover him going out, or did he get hurt after this taping?

I believe he got hurt at the tapings.

The Observer last week reported he recently got surgery and will be out for a while unfortunately.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Accident Underwater posted:

Also I would like to request a gif of Bobby Roode doing Nakamura's shake

Can you make that request in the gif thread, both so I don't forget and also so we get closer to a new page on that behemoth of a thread? :shobon:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

We got matches outta nowhere for NXT Takeover tonight. Guess that happens when you've got two weeks of international filler.
The Roddy Almas match has actually had a natural build to it; Roddy pinned Almas at the four way Number 1 contenders match, then Oney beat him at Osaka, last week Almas got revenge on Oney and then called out Roddy and this week was about making Roddy looking strong.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

ChineseConnection posted:

Its certainly sliding down. I used to watch it religiously when it aired "live," now I'll watch it at some point in the week after 205. Once Corey Graves takes off, I'll probably end up skipping episodes more often. Sure, the Revival and DIY are great, but the rest of the tag division is very weak. Nakamura had a killer debut but a really boring reign, and no one looks competitive versus him. Asuka is a great performer, but we only see a real match out of her at the quarterly Takeovers.

I think it's peaked as a platform no matter what happens or who they bring in. Part of the issue is I think I'm so ready to see Nakamura, Joe and Asuka at the next level that as a fan I'm in the holding pattern where everything they do seems unimportant right now. I didn't feel that way with KO or Zayn because back then their time on top wasn't about carrying a brand or whatever. Same with Balor to a degree; he overstayed his welcome but I wasn't clamoring for him at the next level like I am with the top three right now. The other thing is after Nakamura and Joe, even if they've replenished talent (Roode, Strong, etc.) I don't care about them as much.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Push Heavy Machinery to the moon
https://twitter.com/katieloud/status/822646685692293121

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

For all the complaints about NXT's current state, the fact Heavy Machinery aren't on TV is its greatest failing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Victoria Gonzalez the daugther of Rudy Boy Gonzalez of the Texas Wrestling Academy fame debuted tonight:

https://twitter.com/snkxwwe/status/822603843024388097

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/822564680694697985

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope Shinsuke loses to Roode and loses the rematch before the WrestleMania NXT. That way Roode can have a new challenger and Shinsuke can put someone over before a callup.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

And Drake is standing right next to him just laughing his rear end off, not a very helpful ref. Also, from the same match:

https://twitter.com/katieloud/status/822638142704517120

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The jax armory crowd adores Drake, will call the other refs not-Drake, and he routinely gets the loudest pops of the night there. Its very endearing in person

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/822968806834401281

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I'd watch it
https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/822251779668713476

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Will Samoa Joe mouth "I'm sorry. I love you" before putting him in a six minute rest hold?

For content: Asuka is probably bringing out the clown make-up for the 4-way. She's been posting vague pictures with her mask on for the last week or two and making allusions to her old gimmick

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 22, 2017

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

She's bringing something you've never seen before

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I look forward to seeing KefkAsuka

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

21 Hoot Salute posted:

She's bringing something you've never seen before
She's going to dress up like a clown nazi?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If Asuka comes out as the demon nazi clown I hope Peyton or someone gives us a sequel to that gif of Konnor's frantic confused side-eyeing from the Demon Finn's debut.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Danielle Kamella hasn't been training at the PC and moved back home the last few months:

Can happily confirm she hasn't been released. Simply got a boob job.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
another UCF taping in February, plus a Miami house show:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/823607071077765121

I think the last UCF taping was January last year, when Austin Aries debuted.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So, I'm confused. Did Hero return at a taping or a house show? Been wondering when he'd be popping up on TV again just assuming his return was for TV, but maybe not?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

So, I'm confused. Did Hero return at a taping or a house show? Been wondering when he'd be popping up on TV again just assuming his return was for TV, but maybe not?

He showed up at a tv taping but it was a dark segment at the end.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hero also wrestled on a house show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
cole referenced his return on the UK show so it's also, like, canon that he's coming back with his old name and all that. no idea what they'll do for his TV redebut though. TakeOver could probably use a boost but I don't think they're gonna shove a 6th match in there, and it'd be weird to have him on the pre-taping/post-show episode?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Hero also wrestled on a house show

Then quarantined

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
So are you going to fat shame Chris Hero every time someone mentions him too?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I mostly see fat praising for Hero.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Fat shame?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Health Shame!!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Liv is getting better, still needs to get crisper but I like the developing moveset.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Solus posted:

Nikki hugging Damo was the cutest thing ever holy poo poo
Good news.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Sanity's music sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just started watching, is NXT actually a show today or just an hour of packages for TakeOver?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/824431435784155137

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Current Asuka Status: Murdering People

Glad that some things never change.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Current Asuka Status: Murdering People

Glad that some things never change.
The crowd always warns her opponents but the opponents always think it's a fun chant.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I really like the women's match buildup in that the Aussie ladies are in the way of the two crazy women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Sanity's music sucks.

Since Sanity is basically The Rowdy 3 from Dirk Gently they may as well switch theme songs for the full effect.

• Locked thread