Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaveARottenDay

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Can you slow it down a tad?

How is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

HaveARottenDay posted:

Here is the full version... but its too big file size wise

I shrunk it down and got rid of some frames to get it to 96k

here's one that's optimized but still full size

Elusif

Manifisto posted:

here's one that's optimized but still full size

Delightful, can we slow that one down ever so slightly.

Manifisto

yee

Elusif

Well done everyone.

Actuarial Fables

vanisher posted:

Here's another fox thing

(flipped)

So I found this

How does one make a gif smaller and transparent?

Elusif

you could use GIMP, colour the background of each individual frame as transparent, then put it back together again

Robot Made of Meat

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

you could use GIMP, colour the background of each individual frame as transparent, then put it back together again

And turn it around.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Actuarial Fables

The last time I spent more than two minutes in a photo editor was in 3rd grade with kid-pix, but I'll give it a shot!

Manifisto

Actuarial Fables posted:

The last time I spent more than two minutes in a photo editor was in 3rd grade with kid-pix, but I'll give it a shot!

if you're actually interested it might be fun/worthwhile to learn how to do this, but if you're looking for the quick and easy way out, here's a version:

(I'm actually happy to explain what I did if you would like)

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

It's funny I saw that one too and it was an edited version of the source image for my image! Nice edit Manifisto

Actuarial Fables

Hmm...

death sext

interdimensional traveler fox

Manifisto

are you using gimp?

whether or no, your (main) problem is that you are using a "combine" frame disposal method rather than "replace"

uh basically whoever made the original image optimized it (optimized images use the "combine" frame disposal method). which is useful in keeping the file size down, but it means editing it will not necessarily work the way you expect it to.

best practice, when editing a gif, is to start by "unoptimizing" it. this changes the "combine" frame disposal methods to "replace". you can re-optimize your file when you're done.

They Might Be

Just gonna float this one out there

Manifisto

They Might Be posted:

Just gonna float this one out there

haha

looks like han solo but I can't help but think of paul atreides

Scaly Haylie

Gimme some lizard chefs, please.

Manifisto

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 21, 2017

They Might Be

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 21, 2017

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

i like this guy i like this guy~~

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

someone should animate him stirring intently!!

Scaly Haylie

I too like Manifisto's lizards and wonder if the third one would look good portrayed in a manner similar to Chef Excellence.

vanisher

Lizard Wizard posted:

I too like Manifisto's lizards and wonder if the third one would look good portrayed in a manner similar to Chef Excellence.

(flipped)

vanisher fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jan 21, 2017

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

(flipped)

nice!

FCKGW

went back to my old av because I love watching this dude work

Actuarial Fables

Thank you all for the foxes, I love them all and really appreciate the effort. I wish I wasn't so fickle and indecisive though!

I think I'm going to turn a few ideas over in my head and get back to you all.
Here's another goat.

Scaly Haylie

I can't decide between these lizards!!!

Piso Mojado

Lizard Wizard posted:

I can't decide between these lizards!!!

your current av is good imo

vanisher

Here's a quick thing I made that needs to be fixed up a bit

social vegan

cop to other cop: there he is, boiz, chuff 'im

haricots

oh boy finally time to get an avatar

my request is for something cute and friendly looking in a dark cloak

animal or person or anything go wild

I am ready for your art!

Manifisto

hmm I am not sure this shmoo av is entirely successful

but don't worry, we'll get you something! there are some artists here who draw extremely cute things, maybe one of them will get inspired.

please note that this thread doesn't always move super fast (although sometimes it does)

They Might Be

It's not exactly a "dark" cloak, but I def drew something cute in it for ya.

They Might Be fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 26, 2017

Bummey

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Hi. Ummm... This rad clay shuck shouldn't go to waste, but I don't have the ability, skills, talent, aptitude, know how, or ability to make anything of it. As good as it is how it is, I'd kind of like to clip out background, mirror it, and maybe add the shuck to a nice little foresty/meadowy scene or something nice like that. I don't know. What would be a nice way to avatar this?

death sext posted:

aw shucks

his little booty

Maybe just how it is, after all? I'm sorry, I'm terrible. I just want it to be the best shuck it can be.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 29, 2017

vanisher

I'll work you up an option!

vanisher

Here's a sig thing:

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
so i've been thinking about getting a new av, or making my current one better for the new year. now i do still love my current one but i was thinking maybe change it to a younger wizard with an actual pot leaf staff and better looking robe that falls under the weed wizard vibe.

Professor Shark

I've been Doug Funnyed, but I think I may want to shake things up in a few weeks when I go back to my shark one

How feasible would it be to take my old av...

... and have a number of pictures continuously flowing from picture-left to right, all covering the eyes?

For example, the Google Cardboard goes from left to right and is replaced by this Busch can (which I would trace and make in the same style as the rest of the av):

I was thinking about 5 or some different images, all in the same style.

On the other hand, I have this thing kicking around that I cannot seem to love for some reason. I think it's because in order to fit it all in, even with a mod size over-rule, it still feels crowded:

I started to make a "long" version of it, but it didn't look as much like Cthulu:

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Looking for a very huggable Tigger avatar if any one would be so kind as to help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Professor Shark posted:

I've been Doug Funnyed, but I think I may want to shake things up in a few weeks when I go back to my shark one

How feasible would it be to take my old av...

... and have a number of pictures continuously flowing from picture-left to right, all covering the eyes?

For example, the Google Cardboard goes from left to right and is replaced by this Busch can (which I would trace and make in the same style as the rest of the av):

I was thinking about 5 or some different images, all in the same style.

On the other hand, I have this thing kicking around that I cannot seem to love for some reason. I think it's because in order to fit it all in, even with a mod size over-rule, it still feels crowded:

I started to make a "long" version of it, but it didn't look as much like Cthulu:

yes I think the rotating thing would be quite feasible, filesize might be an issue but there's probably a way to squeeze it in acceptably

on sharkthulhu, what would you think of a double-length half-profile? would look less crowded, and might look nice with animation like so:

ty nesamdoom!