Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Drifter posted:

As who? I'm somewhat sure I watched Spider-Man 2.

Also, McHale basically does that TMZ-esque talkshow thing, the Soup, right? hahaha.

He was the bank employee who Peter and May talk to.

Edit: And then there's that guy in the elevator who comments on Spider-Man's costume. He also used to host Talk Soup back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Like I'm assuming the "balding" thing with Chris Evans is a widow's peak not a baldspot if it's a baldspot then lol

It's a baldspot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

To hide his identity as a fugitive, Steve will shave his head.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Sony Entertainment CEO is quitting and Sony is considering selling off its entire Movie and TV division. This includes the IP rights to Spiderman animated and live action films.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/19/sony-is-weighing-a-sale-of-film-tv-business/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sony Entertainment CEO is quitting and Sony is considering selling off its entire Movie and TV division. This includes the IP rights to Spiderman animated and live action films.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/19/sony-is-weighing-a-sale-of-film-tv-business/

Warner Bros should buy it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Lobok posted:

He was the bank employee who Peter and May talk to.

Edit: And then there's that guy in the elevator who comments on Spider-Man's costume. He also used to host Talk Soup back in the day.

The rise and fall of Hal Sparks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

“They want to see how the “Emoji Movie” movie does because they think they have a franchise and it might help them get a better price,” said a source, the film, which features a poop emoji, comes out on August 4."

:rip: sony movies

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Doesn't the movie division still own like 9% of SquareEnix? If WB buys it will we literally have grimdark Superman vs. Cloud?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Doesn't the movie division still own like 9% of SquareEnix? If WB buys it will we literally have grimdark Superman vs. Cloud?

hell we already got ariana grande in a final fantasy mobile game, superman wouldn't even be worth blinking at

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Oh yeah day one announcement by wb for sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brother Entropy posted:

hell we already got ariana grande in a final fantasy mobile game, superman wouldn't even be worth blinking at

I haven't been this disturbed by what video games have done for creepy pervs since I found out about that whole Ellen Page thing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

I haven't been this disturbed by what video games have done for creepy pervs since I found out about that whole Ellen Page thing.

That was less video games doing for creepy pervs and more just creepy pervs making the video game, though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I legit want to see what happens if Fox buys the movie and TV parts of Sony, in light of the relationship between Fox and Marvel.

Brother Entropy posted:

At least she looks like she belongs in Final Fantasy, unlike American Express. Her character is apparently one of the better ones too.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 21, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

Warner Bros should buy it.

I would laugh and laugh and then I'd see Spider-Man in the JLA and I'd be like...this is ok.

I just want Fox to let go of FF and it ends up at WB or Disney/Marvel.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gatts posted:

I just want Fox to let go of FF and it ends up at WB or Disney/Marvel.

Given how frosty the relationship between the two of them is, I'd sooner expect a Star Trek / Star Wars crossover movie than Fox handing over any of its properties back to Disney.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Disney needs to buy Sony Movies

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I wonder what would mean for Spiderman in the MCU if other company than Disney buys Sony Pictures.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wonder what would mean for Spiderman in the MCU if other company than Disney buys Sony Pictures.

If anybody else buys the property all that means is that Marvel/Disney will buy it from the new owners.

They're going to pay so much money either way.

That said, I'd really like to see a Justice League Spider-man teamup movie.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Looking forward to the fourth modern Spider-Man reboot.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I wanna know what happens after this...Uncle Ben guy dies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Zack Snyder Spider-Man

Come on

COME ON

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Burkion posted:

Zack Snyder Spider-Man

Come on

COME ON

MAKE IT HAPPEN

We would get an actual ripped Venom

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

http://kotaku.com/5577015/when-britney-spears-meets-japanese-hack-and-slash

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

They could do a Spiderverse movie crossover with Tobey, Garfield, Holland, and the old guys who played Japanese Spider-Man and Electric Company Spider-Man.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Burkion posted:

Zack Snyder Spider-Man

Come on

COME ON

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Dramatic re-enactment of Ben's murder, complete with a shopping bag falling down in slo-mo.

And at the end Peter snaps Doc Ock's neck in agony.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

They could do a Spiderverse movie crossover with Tobey, Garfield, Holland, and the old guys who played Japanese Spider-Man and Electric Company Spider-Man.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
All the Superman films with Christopher Reeves are on Netflix and I am gonna marathon them.

There's just never going to be a better superhero film than the first Superman with Reeves. It's just not going to happen.

It's soooo good.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 21, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You guys are all hoping for the wrong studio to buy Sony and merge cinematic universes.

Wanna see Spidey vs The Wolfman.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gyges posted:

You guys are all hoping for the wrong studio to buy Sony and merge cinematic universes.

he does already have vampire fighting experience

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There's no way Disney doesn't buy the rights back and I am pretty sure the contract with them has a stipulation that they cannot sell the rights and covers this exact situation. It's a pretty common contract clause or boiler plate terms for a IP rights contract.

If that were the case then Sony could just sell off Spider-Man to whomever then someone else could sell it someone else etc..

edit:

Ha I had forgotten Superman rescuing the cat and then you can hear the woman slapping her daughter when she says a man swooped down from the sky and gave the cat to her.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 21, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The MSJ posted:

To hide his identity as a fugitive, Steve will shave his head.

He should just go full Earth X with it, flag toga and everything.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
James Mardsen hass been added to that shortlist of possible actors for Hal.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gyges posted:

Spider-Man versus the Universal monsters, you say?

The others are debatable. Marvel already has its Frankenstein's monster, though someone like Digger could be a Spidey-specific one, and The Lizard could be the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 21, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Kraven can be Van Helsing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

James Mardsen hass been added to that shortlist of possible actors for Hal.

That would be awesome but I'd rather he be in an MCU flick next to continue being comic book movie characters for different companies.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

That would be awesome but I'd rather he be in an MCU flick next to continue being comic book movie characters for different companies.

He should do both, so he can then have been in two separate movie continuities for both franchises.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I think it would be cool to get the rights to Seinfeld and have Jerry and George making humorous observations on the sidewalk during Spidey's rescues.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Neo Rasa posted:

I've kind of been hoping for a Kingdom Hearts game with Star Wars characters since Disney bought the IP. I mean, it would only be natural.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Just rewatched Iron Man 3 and it kind of sucks that Tony had a bunch of growth that's just ignored in all the other films. Like Iron Man 3 is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Iron Man - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
Iron man 2 - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
Iron Man 3 - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.
Age of Ultron - Iron Man fights an evil version of himself he indirectly helped create and learns an important lesson.

• Locked thread