Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

gently caress, dude

That's because ESPN doesn't report on the NHL

Huh, did some googling and turns out there is some nasty stuff. I stand corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

gently caress, dude

That's because ESPN doesn't report on the NHL

Huh, did some googling and turns out there is some nasty stuff. I stand corrected.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't recall that many rape, domestic violence, or murder charges in the NHL to be honest.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2015/6/19/8812037/mike-ribeiro-sexual-assault-case-details-allegations

this one was pretty recent. I was mostly alluding to stuff like this though: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/donald-trump-is-tearing-the-nfl-apart/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Wheeze beat you to it. :smith:

Keep on beating that horse

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

got any sevens posted:

National education association?

National Endowment of the Arts

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I can't believe how much money the San Fran 49ers are paying Colin Kaepernick

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chichevache posted:

To ban all Pats fans and then immediately relinquish power. Like the dictatorship of Sulla, but even more awesome.
So you want to be Cincinnatus?

Having watched the Young Pope it made me realize that the first thing I would do would be to excommunicate Rick Santoroum and the Catholic League

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

All the crowd favorites are returning. This truly is the series finale of the forums.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

African AIDS cum posted:

AYYYYYYYY

$126 million a day is a helluva sum but have you considered it's money Jed York no longer has and it also goes 100% towards murdering cops

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

African AIDS cum posted:

Frankly, if the money professional athletes get paid doesn't convince you communism* was on the right track and just got derailed a bit, I don't know what will.

*Paraphrased: "You do what you can, and you get what you need."

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Athletes should be paid according to the value of their labor, so should owners (lol) and we should contract the Steelers, hail Satan

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

African AIDS cum posted:

Sorry about your garbage secondary my good bitch

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

African AIDS cum posted:

You know they restructured right?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Flikken posted:

You know they restructured right?

6 years 126 million 0 rings

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

6 years 126 million 0 rings

4 years 88 Million 0 rings.Russell Wilson

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Flikken posted:

4 years 88 Million 0 rings.Russell Wilson

um

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They paid him after he won.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Worth it

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Boon posted:

Well, I would expect because you would like to look up to someone as a person rather than someone who does something for 10-20 years and then fucks off and dies.

If you are an adult looking up to athletes who are 5-10-15 years younger than you allow me to point and laugh. There are so many other options for role models in the real world and history that the idea of picking an athlete just seems lazy. There are a few exceptions to that, but it's pretty lame when you start buying and wearing their jersey and they are young enough to be your son. (Using the word "you" as the general you not a personal attack.)

Kalli posted:

Apparently on monday of this week a solid million people watched First Take + whatever the FS1 is.

A million god damned people listened to that poo poo.

what is the demographic for those million people? I used to be a big fan of PTI and Around the horn when I was 20 years old, but now it's just pointless crap.

In other news, there's a slim chance that Adams and Nelson play sunday right? Neither practiced yesterday and if they do play I can't imagine them being super effective.

extendedsolo fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 21, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

*ding ding ding*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What a mistake, paying their Super Bowl winning top 10 quarterback.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What a mistake, paying their top 10 Super Bowl winning quarterback.

I never said that, I'm just bored and engaging AAC like an idiot.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

extendedsolo posted:

If you are an adult looking up to athletes who are 5-10-15 years younger than you allow me to point and laugh. There are so many other options for role models in the real world and history that the idea of picking an athlete just seems lazy. There are a few exceptions to that, but it's pretty lame when you start buying and wearing their jersey and they are young enough to be your son. (Using the word "you" as the general you not a personal attack.)

what is the demographic for those million people? I used to be a big fan of PTI and Around the horn when I was 20 years old, but now it's just pointless crap.

In other news, there's a slim chance that Adams and Nelson play sunday right? Neither practiced yesterday and if they do play I can't imagine them being super effective.

I think adams will play but jordy will not. Also really worried about Aaron getting the flu.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
watching people take the bait is so fun

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Russel Wilson is a system QB who wouldn't be nearly as successful without Tom Cable

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Whooping Crabs posted:

I think adams will play but jordy will not. Also really worried about Aaron getting the flu.

If Jordy is out there I would think it would be exclusively as a decoy to draw coverage off Cobb and Adams. Hell it might be the same story for Adams if he's hobbled. Either way I think cook is going to be the go to for Rodgers all game, much like how he was at Dallas. And yeah that flu is super concerning since the only chance in hell we have at this point is if Rodgers keeps playing like a man possessed.

Seriously it's like our chances, which probably weren't great to begin with, keep getting worse by the minute. I was really hoping for a super exciting shootout but I just don't see how we can keep the pace missing over half our offense. Oh well we really had no business making it this far anyway so it's just amazing to be able to play this game at all.

Pack still gonna win after Rodgers figures out how to warp reality to his football whims though

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Atlanta wins, then wins the Superbowl, since they've never won before.

If not them, anybody but the Patriots.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i havent been around much but kawalimus for tff mod godbless

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Dog posted:

i havent been around much but kawalimus for tff mod godbless

DO Y'ALL WANT A HAM for mod.

The burnt steak one, not the other one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ten years ago, the real Super Bowl was played on this date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1EBPLDBv5w&t=7536s

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ten years ago, the real Super Bowl was played on this date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1EBPLDBv5w&t=7536s

tbf every single afc playoff game that year was more of a superbowl than the real one man the nfc was lovely

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yes we can all agree that Joe Flacco's contract was worth every penny

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ghost Dog posted:

tbf every single afc playoff game that year was more of a superbowl than the real one man the nfc was lovely

Funny thing is my roommate bet me the Bears would win the SB. Not even a spread, just straight up winner.

I love getting free money.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Russel Wilson is a system QB who wouldn't be nearly as successful without Tom Cable

Russel Wilson's entire success as a QB relies on the fact that its not intentional grounding if you are out of the pocket.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm biting on this obvious bait so bad :mad:

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Infidel Castro posted:

Funny thing is my roommate bet me the Bears would win the SB. Not even a spread, just straight up winner.

I love getting free money.

The Bears had their chance too in that game with opening kickoff and then INT. Lovie was outcoached that game, which is surprising considering Dungy wasn't great either. Lets not forget that the Colts all of a sudden found a running defense in the playoffs too. The Patriots were really the best team that year and would've steamrolled the Bears by 4 TDs most likely, but the best team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

If Jordy is out there I would think it would be exclusively as a decoy to draw coverage off Cobb and Adams. Hell it might be the same story for Adams if he's hobbled. Either way I think cook is going to be the go to for Rodgers all game, much like how he was at Dallas. And yeah that flu is super concerning since the only chance in hell we have at this point is if Rodgers keeps playing like a man possessed.

Seriously it's like our chances, which probably weren't great to begin with, keep getting worse by the minute. I was really hoping for a super exciting shootout but I just don't see how we can keep the pace missing over half our offense. Oh well we really had no business making it this far anyway so it's just amazing to be able to play this game at all.

Pack still gonna win after Rodgers figures out how to warp reality to his football whims though

I think that the Falcons would figure out quick that he is a decoy and they aren't throwing to him and would single cover with a weaker corner. Color me surprised if neither suit up, but the Packers have to consider they it's very possible they win this game and would have both back for the Super Bowl. Not sure if it's worth the risk of reinjuring.

I've seen the line has inflated to Falcons -5.5 and 6 in some places, I'm thinking it settles around 4.5 with so many people jumping on the Packers tomorrow. If Rodgers and others are SUPER sick with the flu there is no way they are 100% on sunday. I mean if it's truly a flu and not food poisoning that takes at least a week to get back to 100%.

As far as the Packers making it this far, this is EXACTLY the type of year the Packers are built for. Never overwhelming, alwasy consistently good though and then hope everything falls their way one year and they win the Super Bowl. It's similar to 2010 when they were pretty good, not great and then went on a run in the playoffs against some teams that weren't that good either. Injuries broke their way that year in that I think the Steelers had some key injuries and also didn't have to face the Patriots. It's how Baltimore won their Super Bowl and it's really the best strategy to winning one. Not every team can be a wrecking ball like Seattle was 2 years ago.

extendedsolo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 21, 2017

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

extendedsolo posted:

The Patriots were really the best team that year

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say this.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

extendedsolo posted:

The Patriots were really the best team that year and would've steamrolled the Bears by 4 TDs most likely, but the best team doesn't win the Super Bowl every year.
The Patriots were also very lucky that Marlon McCree was an idiot, and lol at calling them the best team that year

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dallas was probably the best team this year.

Patriots with Gronk would probably be better.

Patriots with chandler jones and Jamie Collins would DEFINITELY be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Dallas was probably the best team this year.

Hmm not a "sports expert" but it seems like the best team would be able to win a single playoff game your thoughts?

• Locked thread