Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The problem with Lewis is that he has no personality of his own, he's the kid at school who always got "easily influenced by others" on his reports. I'm beginning to suspect that Vettel is the same when it comes to formula 1. He copies Schumacher when it comes to the being dedicated to the development side of things, and admires Mansell so much that he chose 5 as his number in the hope that he would make it to Ferrari and become the new red 5. Where it falls down is that he lacks the talent to cope with a less than perfect car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Is that true? I would've thought if Ferrari was his ultimate goal there is no number more emotive that 27.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My granny could dream of going to Ferrari, still does not mean she has the talent to be there.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Eb
May 6, 2003

learnincurve posted:

The problem with Lewis is that he has no personality of his own, he's the kid at school who always got "easily influenced by others" on his reports. I'm beginning to suspect that Vettel is the same when it comes to formula 1. He copies Schumacher when it comes to the being dedicated to the development side of things, and admires Mansell so much that he chose 5 as his number in the hope that he would make it to Ferrari and become the new red 5. Where it falls down is that he lacks the talent to cope with a less than perfect car.

5 makes perfect sense though. 5 --> V --> Vettel --> ...- --> Beethoven's 5th.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He already said a few times that it was because of Are Nige I'm afraid :(

I want Seb to be good I really do, because the happy Seb who mocked Nico and Lewis on the Monaco podium was a very likeable guy. The problem now is that he has had two "off years" where he got out performed by his team mates, and one of them just got whomped by a 19 year old who came into the team when the season was part way though. The other is Kimi.

Seb is very very good at qualifying and going out front and zooming off into the distance, when he has a team mate who isn't very good at qualifying and poo poo at starts. But when he is racing off the line or for position, he can't quite grasp the concept that he is no longer in a much faster car when he's fighting for position. Or, that if you are sandwiched in between two cars heading into the first corner then they expect the piggy in the middle to back off, because the alternative is always going to be the car on the outside being forced off the road.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Wow, you're on a roll today.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would say Ricciardo got "whomped". Though I do believe Verstappen is better.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Wow, you're on a roll today.

I picture it like when you pinch a garden hose, but in this instance bad posts come streaming out en mass.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I didn't read the new rules but I'm pretty sure it means you're allowed to say poois shamilton now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I could really have summed that up is "anyone who gets out performed by Kimi is a fraud"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alain Post posted:

I didn't read the new rules but I'm pretty sure it means you're allowed to say poois shamilton now.

This wasn't allowed? That's news to me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's against the new rules to be a Ferrari apologist, though.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

wicka posted:

It's against the new rules to be a Ferrari apologist, though.

Ferrari limited to 5 cylinders, 3 wheels. :getin:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 20, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I will always apologize for Ferrari.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why is the Love Live! character holding a confederate flag?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Why is the Love Live! character holding a confederate flag?

A gift from my battles in D&D. Never heard of "Love live!" Sounds like a K-on clone?

Human Grand Prix posted:

I will always apologize for Ferrari.

How do you feel about them complaining about every new f1 car development they didnt invent? A hole in the car? Thats moveable aero. A bar running front to rear? Thats moveable aero. Whatever weird front suspension Mercedes and red bull made this year? Moveable aero. I love all these little gimmics but Fezza keeps killing them. If the double dick tusks on the Lotus had worked, ferrari would have had it banned as moveable aero. (The cars should loving have active moveable aero anyway, The loving VW new beetle had it in like, 1998.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 20, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Most of those things were invented by British or Austrian frauds who ruined F1.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Bond villian, Crash enthusiast and carbon-fiber magnate Pasta "Race Winner" Maldonado is back in the news, shocked that the silly season this year didnt see him getting a f1 seat. And like a left-leaning presidential politician spending money to campaign in california, he chose not to go for seats at sauber which are still open, because i guess they are beneath him.

quote:

"I evaluated the options and I'm still considering all the possibilities about doing a proper professional programme - and of course F1 is one of the categories that interests me," he told Autosport's sister title Motorsport.com.

"I had the chance to come back, but I only wanted to do it with the right conditions - not like the ones I had in my previous experience."

"After Rosberg quit, that could have created a domino situation that would have guaranteed me a good chance but things turned out differently.

"Alternatively, there was the possibility of going to Sauber - which is a good team, with a lot of experience, but has been having a difficult time.

"We decided in the end though that the conditions were not right to satisfy either side.

"It's a difficult time for many teams in F1 - not just Sauber - because their choices are dictated by economic reasons."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsbatI8QKOg&t=6s

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I genuinely think Pastor is a better racing driver than Magnussen.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Ohh, Liberty is playing it to the man: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-could-lose-f1-money-privileges-says-liberty-867401/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Good, Ferrari don't deserve that poo poo anyhow. They just use it to keep their dumpster fire of a team burning. Someone needs to drop kick them off that pedestal of privilege they think they deserve.

Also, this nugget was great:

quote:

The report said that Ecclestone had been offered a less hands-on role with an honorary title, like life president.

Jokes on them, Bernie will literally be life president when he outlives everyone for another 100 years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

I genuinely think Pastor is a better racing driver than Magnussen.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
:gizz:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

I genuinely think Pastor is a better racing driver than Alonso currently.

Fixed :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

:eyepop:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

:kheldragar:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GramCracker posted:

jokes on you, we don't have any

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You're the MVP of bad posts

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

jokes on you, we don't have any

Naw occasionally someone comes in here and calls us all racists and a mod shows up for 10 seconds.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So here's my question, with Fraudberg gone and Alonso on his last years, who will become the Worst Thread Circlejerk Driver of the Times after Alonso leaves?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ross Brawn :allears:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

So here's my question, with Fraudberg gone and Alonso on his last years, who will become the Worst Thread Circlejerk Driver of the Times after Alonso leaves?

Max Verstappen after he wins the WDC this season.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

iospace posted:

Nico Heidfeld of course. A few years of failing at renault will be the end of him i think.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Max Verstappen after he wins the WDC this season.

I'm fine with this.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Lance Stroll obviously.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Be still, my beating heart. There's not a thing better that can come out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Horny Horner just had a baby, everyone

• Locked thread