Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fount it on the reddit

5pp. Fair and balanced.

(what a lovely snype)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I feel real bad for the guy who didn't get to drop 18 unanswerable damage from hand

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So far I'm still enjoying the game, so I figure I'll throw my user ID out there if anyone wants to help me get those private match bonuses: 955 463 724

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Played Dirt against "I Guess My Win Condition is Lucifer Maybe IDEK" Haven. Is that deck's plan to make you concede because you can make up the loss and several more wins in the time it takes to beat it

I was dropping Bahamut just to pop his card draw and stuff to drag him closer to milling out. Obviously won because the deck doesn't seem to DO anything, but god how dull

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Decks with a billion wards and heals and nothing else do well against aggro, since they'll survive long enough for the other guy the run out of steam. They don't need a win condition in that scenario because it quickly becomes impossible for the other side to win and they'll concede.

Control decks in general are rare enough that the boring control v control match-up isn't much of a concern. Probably.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 20, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dropping satan on turn 10 is considered a meandering deck without a win con here. And we wonder why the devs make the metagame so fast.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah. This guy was just convinced he could win way beyond when he really could, which always drags it out.

Fun fact: If we count only games where I die to what's on board, I'm almost undefeated all week.

Less fun fact: I am far from undefeated this week.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Clarste posted:

Decks with a billion wards and heals and nothing else do well against aggro, since they'll survive long enough for the other guy the run out of steam. They don't need a win condition in that scenario because it quickly becomes impossible for the other side to win and they'll concede.

Control decks in general are rare enough that the boring control v control match-up isn't much of a concern. Probably.

Play Bloody Mary control. If you can survive past turn 6 or 7, you'll eat them alive.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Talmonis posted:

Play Bloody Mary control. If you can survive past turn 6 or 7, you'll eat them alive.

I'm not playing either of the decks in this conversation, I'm just talking hypothetically.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No Wave posted:

Dropping satan on turn 10 is considered a meandering deck without a win con here. And we wonder why the devs make the metagame so fast.
I'm retarded. Lucifer and Satan arent the same card (logic)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Satan is an actual win con though. Lucifer is just "here's a big dude with a good ability" unless you've pressured their life total and have an evo left. If he'd played Satan he might have won. He certainly wouldn't have milled himself out before me if he held it just as long

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Alright so I've been messing around with this in my spare time the past week or so. My legendaries are Soul Dealer, 2 Cerberus, 2 White Wolf of Eldwood, 2 Zirnitra, Nephthys Bloodhungry Matriarch and an Albert. I'v edone all the leader missions and been trying to keep up with my dailies. The only deck style's that I don't care for are Dragon & Blood. Is there more stuff locked behind Leaders that I should be saving up for or just spend all these coins on more packs?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Coins are for packs, T2, and Forte porttrait

If you havent done it yet you get 200 coins the first time you beat the elite AI of each class

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

No Wave posted:

Coins are for packs, T2, and Forte porttrait

If you havent done it yet you get 200 coins the first time you beat the elite AI of each class

So leaders are just cosmetic got it, time to go buy a bunch of packs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So leaders are just cosmetic got it, time to go buy a bunch of packs.
Yep, just cosmetic (+a card back)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

So far I'm still enjoying the game, so I figure I'll throw my user ID out there if anyone wants to help me get those private match bonuses: 955 463 724

Same here, if we're updating the OP list. 689 420 568.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I'd like to get in on that sweet Private match gold.

422 287 816

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Played Dirt against "I Guess My Win Condition is Lucifer Maybe IDEK" Haven. Is that deck's plan to make you concede because you can make up the loss and several more wins in the time it takes to beat it

I was dropping Bahamut just to pop his card draw and stuff to drag him closer to milling out. Obviously won because the deck doesn't seem to DO anything, but god how dull
I would have guessed an Elana deck that completely bricked. Dunno why else you would have Lucifer around in that shell. Probably just someone trying to do a daily and threw some random garbo together.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Talmonis posted:

I'd like to get in on that sweet Private match gold.

422 287 816

the easiest way to do this now is probably hitting up this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5kuzmq/private_match_rupie_bonus_megathread/

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the actual easiest way to do it is to use an android emulator to reroll and play vs yourself 20 times, you don't even need to make decks or do anything besides skip the tutorial battles first

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that honestly seems like more of a hassle to me. skipping through the tutorial crap took like 5 minutes each time when i was rerolling

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
yeah it's not really hard to join in on a thread or post that you're looking for matches on shadowlog. other people are posting all the time too so you can join their games as well, it goes pretty quick. everyone is looking to either pass every turn or playing suicide blood etc

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Playing random games with goons or doing Take Two might be fun at some point too. If theres enough people playing why not have a goon tournament or something?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah I'd be up for random games, take two practice. My user code is 541 288 767 or you can hit me up on steam to organize at http://steamcommunity.com/id/peachgirldb/

and yeah a mini-tournament or whatever could be fun

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
I'd totally be down for a take two tourney. Or goon matches.

van fem fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 21, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Glad to see theres some interest! A Take Two tourney would be pretty fun and let more people participate.

I feel like I have pleased the Anime Gods today because I've proceeded to open up 3x more Nephthys, a Sahaquiel, and an Animated Daria in last few Bahumut packs I just opened. A shame I have no interest in Runecraft, but I'm pretty sure she's worth holding on to.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Three Free packs for contributing to a survey about esports, the art style, etc.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I used the one box to bitch about daria rune, worth it

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

pretty good survey, i had to mention dragonewt charlotte in the art box tho, that's just wierd + bad

she has such a nice dress

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The one card I singled out was Sacred Plea. It's nowhere near the worst of the lot, but I wanted to talk about how amazing the level of detail is on the dress and how hosed up the anatomy is. The artist like pulled the torso forward to ridiculous Liefeldian proportions and angles just to frame some titties under the folded arms. And it's a shame because everything else about the art on it is so goddamn good.

And there's some that are kind of embarrassing but mostly just garbage quality like Sadistic Night.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just wrote that Limil's way has anatomical issues: rabbit girls have a puffy tail.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
A lot of the card art suffers from a ridiculous case of Escher girls. Goblinbreaker Teena is actually distracting in how broken her spine is.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I complained about Felpurr Kitten

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Sophism posted:

A lot of the card art suffers from a ridiculous case of Escher girls. Goblinbreaker Teena is actually distracting in how broken her spine is.
Pascale has a very bad case of this. I don't normally notice that kind of stuff, but Pascale looks to me like she is seconds away from just snapping in two.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Princess rearguard pose is a work of art.

"Avenge me comrades"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The one card I singled out was Sacred Plea. It's nowhere near the worst of the lot, but I wanted to talk about how amazing the level of detail is on the dress and how hosed up the anatomy is. The artist like pulled the torso forward to ridiculous Liefeldian proportions and angles just to frame some titties under the folded arms. And it's a shame because everything else about the art on it is so goddamn good.

And there's some that are kind of embarrassing but mostly just garbage quality like Sadistic Night.
Sadistic night doesnt really bother me because it's in character for beast dom to assume an unnatural position to push her t*ts up

I just cant see the anatomical problems with sacred plea... I've tried a lot and I just cant see it

Jusr changing Limil's Way and Dragonewt Charlotte would go a long, long way tbh

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I can't unsee this poo poo now that you people have pointed it out. You can't view full art while in a match afaik so I've never taken the time to really stare at some things. The sacred plea card really blew me away once I opened it up in the card viewer.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

No Wave posted:

I just cant see the anatomical problems with sacred plea... I've tried a lot and I just cant see it
The midsection is completely pushed outwards. The waist is almost parallel with her elbows despite folding her arms in front of her. It's like you'd have to cross your arms and arch your back to push your waist outwards to get that position.

That's how my mind is seeing it anyway!

[e] ugh sorry double!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I still can't see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I complained about Felpurr Kitten

why does the little girl cat have to show her underwear when you evo her :cry:

(also the one pointed foot looks weird as hell)

• Locked thread