Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
And in the vein of bad deck names, Overturf's deck should AT LEAST be called Grixis Dynavolt. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
We drafted 3x Aether revolt at the LGS. I ended up in black splash blue during packs one and two, pack three opened the tezz walker. Had 5 removal spells and basically every creature I had either had menace, flying or death touch. Won a board stall game with the tezz ultimate too. Untethered Express is amazing.

Oh, people were trading for fatal push and valuing it at $5-6 along with one guy paying that much cash (store doesn't sell singles so they're fine with that)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Yep. Colossus is a deck that just falls over to white exile removal spells.

NTM anything that is in the least bit aggressive...

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Cat Combo mirror about to start.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Daddy appears to be on a very similar cat deck as I would've played if I felt like driving out there.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
God I hate Kevin Jones. What a staller.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Hating on Kevin jones is a silly thing. And what in the hell did you consider stalling there?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Did that team he was on disband? He isn't wearing that lovely looking jersey

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Bad opinion. The daddy is a nice dude.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
emma looks real uncomfortable sitting across from trump guy

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Trump shirt guy is probably a really popular guy. Pure vintage grognard.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So Emma Handy is playing against some shithead with a Trump shirt on camera....

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Holy poo poo post the links. There's gotta be good magic.gif material that comes out of this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Holy poo poo post the links. There's gotta be good magic.gif material that comes out of this.

idk ho to do links or gifs or anything but she totally gave him a good disgusted look before this game started

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mandatory lesbian posted:

idk ho to do links or gifs or anything but she totally gave him a good disgusted look before this game started
drat I already missed out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Emma not playing great but she is making GBS threads on this dude off the top of her deck.

Good.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Pulls it out on her last turn. Baller. :getin:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Emma not playing great but she is making GBS threads on this dude off the top of her deck.

Good.

Yeah, I would've rolled with Gideon on T2 but whatever. Glad she won.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

These decks are both super bad. Lots of durdling going on.

People dramatically overestimate the level of competition at SCG Opens.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Pulls it out on her last turn. Baller. :getin:

yeah, glad she won

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

People dramatically overestimate the level of competition at SCG Opens.

Well it was the no byes bracket...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

How much does it cost to get into an SCG open nowadays? I remember not going to them because lol at spending $30+ on just entry instead of entry+mat at a GP. But, hearing $70 for a GP entry with no mat nowadays would make it pretty funny if SCG was cheaper.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Metalwork into Metalwork into Metalwork into Gonti Aether Heart Activation, GG

what a funny deck

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Lossett's deck seems hilarious, with the whole play three metalwork Colossusii in one turn, take an extra turn

Edit - Patrick's reaction to the smuggler's copter playmat for the standard open is priceless. He is laughing so hard he is clipping his microphone.

Edit 2 - this gb delirium player playing turn 2 evolving wilds, casting traverse for another basic shuffling, presenting, opponent shuffles his deck, then he cracks his evolving wilds and searches for a basic, shuffles, presents... dude, save time a shortcut.

Dehtraen fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 21, 2017

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

DoctorOozy posted:

Indeed it does not. Nore does banning stuff because it too hard for newbies.

That is not why cards get banned my dude

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I think the branding for scgtour is a little misleading since it dropped its version of the pro tour.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
If a card or cards make it too hard for newbies to play, as an extension of making it too hard for everyone, sure.

People of all skill levels were pissed at Caw Blade, after all.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
if anything gitaxian probe was banned bc it made everything too easy

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
U/B Colossus seems highly dope

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Already bored of watching GW Tokens / Jeskai Saheeli

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

Same. I am also a little annoyed that todd isn't shuffling his deck very well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

80s James Hetfield posted:

Good wholesome magic. It'll get boring, but I'm fine with some more midrange interactions.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Robert Vaughan's sideboard is loving awful. He probably isn't going to have a good day.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Robert Vaughan's sideboard is loving awful. He probably isn't going to have a good day.

He's kind of an A-Hole too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
3 mana answers looking great here Wizards

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

He's kind of an A-Hole too.

The tokens deck feels bad with inspectors. Not having 4 consuls in the board was bizarre.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

3 mana answers looking great here Wizards

Main advantage, besides GW not having many other options, is getting around Dispel.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

The tokens deck feels bad with inspectors. Not having 4 consuls in the board was bizarre.

Yeah that was an easy include in any SB.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Cedric and Patrick lying through their teeth on stream spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Cedric and Patrick lying through their teeth on stream spotted

What?