Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

if you pay attention to monster types and conditions you can win some real long odds. I got a bunch of 7.0+ odds wins; it seems like condition doesn't affect the odds as much as monster level and to a lesser extent quantity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-19-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-battlefield-1-lead-2016-us-game-sales-npd

In case anyone was curious, Final Fantasy XV was one of the top ten best selling games of the year (based on revenue) in the United States. It was also the second best selling game in December.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sunning posted:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-19-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-battlefield-1-lead-2016-us-game-sales-npd

In case anyone was curious, Final Fantasy XV was one of the top ten best selling games of the year (based on revenue) in the United States. It was also the second best selling game in December.

Does GTAV's revenue include the shark cards or is it still legitimately turning that big a profit just off the actual sales?

Edit: It's NPD so that is just sales I think. Jesus, GTAV is nuts.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

ImpAtom posted:

Does GTAV's revenue include the shark cards or is it still legitimately turning that big a profit just off the actual sales?

Edit: It's NPD so that is just sales I think. Jesus, GTAV is nuts.

The monthly sales report doesn't include estimates for DLC and monetization. The NPD offers a DLC and Microtransactions Purchasing Report each quarter with estimates for a price. IIRC, GTA Online has generated over $500,000,000 in revenue.

GTA5 shipped 5 million additional copies worldwide from between May and November of this year to bring the total shipment up to 70 million copies. In comparison, FFXV launched with 5 million copies shipped worldwide and is now up to 6 million shipped.

It must feel great to show up to work, release a great game, and get jobbed by GTA5.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Trailer for next week's DLC

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jesus I hope that outfit is an ongoing thing and it stays on in cutscenes that are super serious

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
more importantly, will Noctis say "meow meow Choco chow"?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

morallyobjected posted:

more importantly, will Noctis say "meow meow Cup O'Noodle"?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm sad those mascot costumes aren't wearable instead. Imagine Chapter 15 with everyone dressed up as moogles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nina posted:

I'm sad those mascot costumes aren't wearable instead. Imagine Chapter 15 with everyone dressed up as moogles.

Ardyn was right, the gods chose the wrong line of kings.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jesus I hope that outfit is an ongoing thing and it stays on in cutscenes that are super serious

I would be really surprised if it's not, it looks like a reskinned version of the casual uniform

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

the DLC notes said something about wearable chocobo t-shirts and sweaters

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Looks pretty solid, mini-games look fun and the outfits are great. SE does know how to do a themed in-game event!

Anyone else notice the Carbuncle sitting with Noct in the gondola?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Are you saying I can dress up my birdhorse in a cute sweater

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kelp Me! posted:

Looks pretty solid, mini-games look fun and the outfits are great. SE does know how to do a themed in-game event!

Anyone else notice the Carbuncle sitting with Noct in the gondola?

Yeah. Although i assume that means the carnival isnt happening since Carbuncle doesnt exist within the normal mode gameplay.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gladio can take this attitude if his and shove it right up his own rear end

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gladio is the mostly likely of the Chocobros to be a Goon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gladio can take this attitude if his and shove it right up his own rear end

Don't worry, you're almost at the end of the game so he will.

I will admit, however, that I feel like I got what they were going for with the scene and it didn't bother me. In fact, plot wise, the only thing that stands out was the bit at the very end of the ten year time skip. It ads literally nothing to the games plot or story and actively made the ending lose absolutely all of its impact for me and soured me almost but not quite to the point of FFXIII's ending.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Ahahaha wow once you're on the games plot train it doesn't stop does it :allears:

Although i have to admit i kinda liked how dark and depressing the game has gotten at this point. Was kinda expecting to come out of the Leviathan fight, for Noctis to be super sad about Luna and then i could immediately go off to Lestallum and have Gladio go on about how awesome Cup Noodles are or something.

But no, ever since then Everybody is super bummed out, Ignis can't see and can't cook, the music is super sad and melancholy, nobody is really taking an interest in the 3 pictures Prompto took that whole dungeon

I mean they kinda go overboard with having the train literally stop every 5 minutes for Ardyn to show up and use weird time fuckery powers that you don't know he had until just now? and somehow Noct getting even more and more depressed and down on himself as it goes on.

But now i'm pretty sure i'm in the ring part everybody hates? Can kinda see why since it's just kinda boring instakilling everything in your path while looking for switchs. Can't wait until it overstays it's welcome :v:

By the way, what happens if Ignis doesn't come along for the dungeon? Seems like the Marlboro fight would kinda go on forever otherwise

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you tell Ignis to stay he'll ignore you and go anyway

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I also learned real quick that if you keep running ahead, aside from Gladio's bitching nothing happens, even though they give you a pop-up warning before hand

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Yeah I just outran them the entire time and no problems

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It does make you stop and wait if you get too far ahead while Gladio berates you for not slowing down for a blind man who insisted on accompanying you into this dark, wet and slimy dungeon

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If I buy the node that let's Ignis's skills break damage limit, will that affect Overwhelm? Will it make my characters' deathblows break damage limit?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

bizarre deformity posted:

If I buy the node that let's Ignis's skills break damage limit, will that affect Overwhelm? Will it make my characters' deathblows break damage limit?

It will not, as far as I've read.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

It does make you stop and wait if you get too far ahead while Gladio berates you for not slowing down for a blind man who insisted on accompanying you into this dark, wet and slimy dungeon

umm, no.

he'll complain but you can just keep going

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

umm, no.

Gladio absolutely stopped me at least once.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Yeah I had one moment where it forcibly took control from me and turned Noct to face the group as Gladio got mad.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

my point being there's no consequences and you don't have to stick around with iggy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If you keep ignoring him, though, eventually Gladio just makes passive-aggressive comments and doesn't try to stop you anymore.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Haven't you hurt Iggy enough already?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Suffering leads to new recipaaaays.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
The only issue with running ahead is when you get jumped you're all alone and the game doesn't phase in your allies like usual.

Also try eventually clip some dumb rock and never can catch up.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

my point being there's no consequences and you don't have to stick around with iggy

And my point was that yes, Gladio does literally make you stop and wait for Iggy sometimes. I didn't say anything about consequences.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Every "know this before you play" guide says "sell everything except what you need- which might be more than you think!" This is not helpful, can anyone elaborate? I don't want to get halfway through and find out I should have been doing other things

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

teacup posted:

Every "know this before you play" guide says "sell everything except what you need- which might be more than you think!" This is not helpful, can anyone elaborate? I don't want to get halfway through and find out I should have been doing other things

Follow the general rule of RPGs - if you've got more than ten they're probably not rare. Sell em. The exception is debased/rare currency and I guess food.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

teacup posted:

Don't sell most things until you have a feel for what you like to use as spell catalysts. There's also some random junk that is needed for quests and can be hard to find.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Also with Kingsglaive at what point if I was bored should I watch it? It happens a tiny bit into the game right?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bizarre deformity posted:

No but if your overwhelm is doing 9999 a hit drat son

From what I read in terms of Skill Break Limit the only one worth doing is Gladio. His techs really only do damage so you only use them for that, and Impulse hits 9999 very early on. A friend of mine that grinds too much told me it usually does 30k an impulse to the whole room and was very useful for the endgame content

Ignis has 3 good choices in Overwhelm, Enhancement and Regroup which don't benefit at all. Prompto has Piercer for the debuff mainly, Gravisphere which can't hit the cap and maaaaaybe Recoil for stuff weak to machinery but isn't really worth 999 AP

I'm pretty sure the most optimal endgame use of bars is:

Team: Piercer>Overwhelm
Alone (adamantoise or something): Enhancement, chug the 2 different potions that give attack boosts, then use armiger a bunch and watch your teammates die. If you have the accessory that increases armiger use and decreases tech use you use that instead
AOE: Impulse, Gravisphere if physical immune

• Locked thread