Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

catching up on ces news

quote:

Apparently, the rugged Chromebook Acer built for schools back in 2015 just weren't durable enough. Today at CES the company just announced a new, more durable notebook. Now, schools can equip students with a Chromebook 11 N7 C731 that can bear up to 132 pounds of force, resist case and hinge damage while bouncing around in student backpacks and survive falls from as high as 48-inches -- more than twice the drop height of the old model.

Acer says it designed the new Chromebook 11 for compliance with US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G -- specifically the spec's requirements for enduring high and low temperatures, humidity, mechanical shocks, drops, vibration and the effects of rain, dust and sand. The notebook isn't waterproof, but its spill-resistant keyboard's gutter system claims to be able to drain up to 11 ounces of water away from the machine's vital components. Those keys are mildly student-proof too, and are designed to be difficult for more destructive students to remove.

Durability aside, the Chromebook 11 N7 seems to be a promising education machine. With 12 hours of promised battery life, the notebook has more than enough juice to get through a school day. The machine's 1,366 x 768 display comes in both touch and non-touch varieties, too. There's also plenty of connectivity options: two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI socket and an SD card reader. The N7 will be available later this month starting at $230 with 4GB of RAM.
:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/01/20/searching-metaphor-reporters-flock-burning-dc-garbage-can/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

catching up on ces news

A fool and his money and all that jazz.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

A fool and his money and all that jazz.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

You know, if they pass that Mega City One counter protest law I can finally let Illinois Nazis know how I feel about them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXK90s2mlU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

cinci zoo sniper posted:

catching up on ces news

Everything I heard coming out of CES sounds like they really have run out of new ideas and everything is either a straight-forward improvement or a ridiculous gimmick.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Everything I heard coming out of CES sounds like they really have run out of new ideas and everything is either a straight-forward improvement or a ridiculous gimmick.

yeah, that's ces for you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ardennes posted:

yea, im barely impressed with new Intel CPUs, and there's little of interest to me from this year otherwise, bar new monitor tech

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i'd never heard of kiwifarms until a few days ago whenever that stupid mod thread in d&d was stickied

some of you people are way too involved with the internet

not engaging w/ internet poo poo for, like, 3 months was pretty nice.

and poo poo like this makes me want to leave again :cripes:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

not engaging w/ internet poo poo for, like, 3 months was pretty nice.

and poo poo like this makes me want to leave again :cripes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6G4wljB4jE

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_iUD8beBKY

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
so did we determine you can punch nazis, but only if you do it coldly and dispassionately

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
i'm sorry nazi, i'm not mad, just disapointed. whap, pow, zonk

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Well getting mad will probably make your technique sloppy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Aeryk posted:

so did we determine you can punch nazis, but only if you do it coldly and dispassionately

Punch them all the time, gently caress them.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Aeryk posted:

Keep your eye on the ball, basically

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

talk poo poo get hit

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ashley Judd just gave a crazy awesome speech at the women's march. Pretty awesome.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

reading 3 weeks of news is a bit too much

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
You fool, you don't mainline news, that poo poo will gently caress you up. There's been some potent news on the streets lately

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aeryk posted:

You fool, you don't mainline news, that poo poo will gently caress you up. There's been some potent news on the streets lately
i'm almost done, only 11 days left:

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
Rip man. I ain't hanging around when the cops find your body

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aeryk posted:

Rip man. I ain't hanging around when the cops find your body
the bulk is already behind, i just skim headlines/first paragraph in the absence of something really interesting

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
That's what they all say before they end up bleeding out their eye sockets under a pile of wall street journals

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Soon you'll be injecting Breitbart directly into your eyeballs

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hollismason posted:

Ashley Judd just gave a crazy awesome speech at the women's march. Pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNXMOxBbt6g now with link

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
eshley :derp:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why is she talking in her televangelist voice

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

why is she talking in her televangelist voice

It is a required component to self-delude herself into forgetting that Donald Trump ran away with the white woman vote.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

It is a required component to self-delude herself into forgetting that Donald Trump ran away with the white woman vote.

well poo poo

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
this might be controversial but i think that white people have flaws and sometimes do bad things

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

whoa, there has been a successful round of cyprus reunion talks

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

At least some Turks will get to join the EU. :unsmith:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-mWZQoNsqI

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Still needs to ratified by referendum. Last one didn't go so well

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_Annan_Plan_referendums,_2004

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

Still needs to ratified by referendum. Last one didn't go so well

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypriot_Annan_Plan_referendums,_2004
im already happy with them just talking, rather than turkish conscripts preparing for nuclear war on the wall while greeks are smoking pot on their side

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Good Jacobin article.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

i was wondering when you'd turn back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

quote:

He, his cabinet, and the Republicans are waging class warfare. If Democrats want to oppose this agenda, they need to get on the battlefield.

Great article, thanks.

Sanders' rebuking "no we are not a compassionate country" at Price was the highlight of the hearings for me.

• Locked thread