Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Yes but white bread is just filler and can cause debilitating ailments such as "angel wing". So it's almost like you're poisoning the ducks...

Hmm interesting i can see how this inspired a debate then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Rubellavator posted:

This thread would have been funnier if it only got like 5 posts and then just fallen off the front page. Who the gently caress even cares.

I've learned a lot by reading this thread. Like how kiwis grow on trees and out there, somewhere, is a super troll who's name can never be mentioned lest he seals all of our dooms. I'll be in my bunker, waiting this out.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

King of Bees posted:

I've learned a lot by reading this thread. Like how kiwis grow on trees and out there, somewhere, is a super troll who's name can never be mentioned lest he seals all of our dooms. I'll be in my bunker, waiting this out.

Are you gonna make some soup in your bunker and if so can I come I really like soup...

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Sid Vicious posted:

Are you gonna make some soup in your bunker and if so can I come I really like soup...

Will you be eating white bread with this soup?

Also are you a duck?

White bread is bad for ducks I hear.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

King of Bees posted:

Let me reiterate my advice to eat the skin of kiwis, just cut off the ends. Wash them first of course, but it is really tasty and good for you. Now you've learned three things!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Skunkrocker posted:

Also are you a duck?

What about for reptiles I am actually a blue tongued skink

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Rubellavator posted:

This thread would have been funnier if it only got like 5 posts and then just fallen off the front page. Who the gently caress even cares.

18+ pages of people

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tonetta posted:

Actually let me reply earnestly to this.

If you don't want to be doxxed easily:

Use different usernames for everything
Don't link around various media's that are belonging to yourself cross platform
Don't post your real name, face, give away your location if you don't live in a major city. Even if you don't live in one & you MUST talk about where you live, lie about the city you live in. Pick a couple towns over or say "southern kansas"

If you don't want to be doxxed by pro's:

Scrub exif data from your photo's you post
Don't post about major events in your personal lives that would he seen in papers the day of (parents dying, getting arrested)
Don't use the same password for anything
Don't mention what company you work for

If you are doxxed, do not over react (publicly.) If you have a clean record, the worst that could happen is your hiring manager might ask you what this weird poo poo is about & that will be it. If you don't have any pedo level poo poo going on and you do not give them the reaction they want, they will move on. If you act like a huge baby about it, they're going to keep going until you're dry of reactions.

Remember, most of the people who do this poo poo have miserable rear end lives. Let them wallow.

this is a really good post

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Sid Vicious posted:

What about for reptiles I am actually a blue tongued skink

I don't think so. Just to be sure, you should consume an egg.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Reading threads is good, and posting in threads is fun and easy. Where did this idea that caring has anything to do with how many pages a thread gets come from? It's dumb. That guy is dumb.

My face, is literally a cheeseburger.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Average Bear posted:

*cssht* Terrorists win.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Hmm interesting i can see how this inspired a debate then

Yeah, and like, it depends on the kind of duck as well. Mallards are overpopulated relative to their natural abundance. So really, you are overpopulated ducks, and disrupting the ecosystem for other organisms in the system. Also if the ducks are eating bread, their poop lacks its natural nutrient load, which can affect the health of vegetation. Actually whether or not to feed white bread to ducks is a lot more interesting than KF, which says a lot. Even our most hyperbolic whitenoise posting was good poo poo comparatively

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Sid Vicious posted:

Yes but it's bean soup. Things could get a little stinky!

Skunkrocker posted:

Also are you a duck?

I will be eating oyster crackers!

food court bailiff posted:

Let me reiterate my advice to eat the skin of kiwis, just cut off the ends. Wash them first of course, but it is really tasty and good for you. Now you've learned three things!!

Thank you food court bailiff! Gonna try this next time I get kiwis!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Powaqoatse posted:

shut the gently caress up you dumbass
who the gently caress are you and make it interesting

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

Yeah, and like, it depends on the kind of duck as well. Mallards are overpopulated relative to their natural abundance. So really, you are overpopulated ducks, and disrupting the ecosystem for other organisms in the system. Also if the ducks are eating bread, their poop lacks its natural nutrient load, which can affect the health of vegetation. Actually whether or not to feed white bread to ducks is a lot more interesting than KF, which says a lot. Even our most hyperbolic whitenoise posting was good poo poo comparatively

You know what is overpopulated relative to their natural abundance

your species

Do you eat white bread?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I never heard of Kiwifarms until the Shmork thing and visited it exactly once before getting bored, so I know zippy zap about it. In spite of this I'm glad it's gone and good riddance.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

1. If you are going to try and go after people on the internet that are actual irl rapists, pedophiles or zoophiles you should be collecting their information and keeping track of them IN PRIVATE with the end goal of submitting that information to the relevant authorities. You do it in the open, they're gonna see you doing it and go into hiding. You're also going to need to (gasp!) TALK to people and not everyone, especially those who tend to have the most dirt, are going to want to talk in the open.

2. If the authorities prove unwilling or unable to pursue the case, then either give up because you are not going to find better evidence, or if your evidence is solid enough attempt to take your case to the local press.

3. Failing 1 and 2, public campaigns and harassment campaigns are an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT and should be undertaken with the full knowledge of and preparation for whatever blowback you might face.

If you're going to be a shithead to someone in an organized way, make sure that if everything goes straight to hell you can at least in theory sell the idea that they had it coming to your boss, your family, and the rest of society. Kiwi Farms served absolutely no purpose other than as a "safe space" for internet shitheads to feel good about being internet shitheads and like all internet "safe spaces" that safety was both an illusion and a prison.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Psycho Society posted:

your species

Do you eat white bread?

I make my own bread in my breadmaker, and as I stated in the thread, I make whole grain breads which are healthier for ducks.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Psycho Society posted:

your species

Do you eat white bread?

I eat white bread sometimes but usually only a bun of some kind if I make submarine sandwiches at home. Most of my carbs are from potatoes or rice personally. I'm a blue tongued skink.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Pick posted:

I make my own bread in my breadmaker, and as I stated in the thread, I make whole grain breads which are healthier for ducks.

There needs to be a new bread thread in GBS, the sourdough thread literally changed my life (in that now I make bread all the time.)

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Sourdough loving rules, please post about it as much as you can.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

There needs to be a new bread thread in GBS, the sourdough thread literally changed my life (in that now I make bread all the time.)

Wow do you own a bakery you sound busy if all you do is make bread. Since your head is a hamburger including the bun is it cannibalism when you consume bread?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I just realized in the midst of reading all this that I don't know how to properly pronounce "Kyanka."

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
actually a trans person helped us be lovely to trans people so its not actually bad

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Skunkrocker posted:

Hi OwO What's This?, I hope you're still able to read these posts now that you got your friend banned.

My position against Kiwi Farms has and always will be that when you doxx one person, you're doxxing everyone associated with them, whether or not they want to be. Not going to go into details, e.g. revealing my powerlevel, as you would put it, but one of your threads not related at all to SA actually affected my personal life. Being that I wasn't the target, that kind of sucked. I get it, the person you were making fun of was an eccentric weirdo. And maybe they are extremely immature. I'm not going to say one way or the other, only that I wish them the best since, well, in a certain light that thread on KF lead to us not being friends anymore for multiple reasons. I didn't get directly doxxed, but poo poo hit close enough to home for me to make me worry like my job was in danger and poo poo. Kind of a scary scenario. That's all I have to say on it, again to say more would reveal my associations. After all, you were an avid poster in the thread.

That said, when you get your shiny new account from Lowtax feel free to spend the ten bucks you would have given him anyway and upgrade to a Platinum account, then send me a PM. I'd honestly like to ask you some questions off the record.

What the hell do you people post on SA to get yourself fired?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Really? I love them but find skinning them a pain in the rear end. Thank you, I will give this a try.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Really really. The texture is what turns most people off but if it doesn't bother you it's a really nice and tangy flavor that makes the fruit itself taste sweeter and almost creamy.

e: I'm now very afraid of a Harry Potter bad guy calling my boss at Hungry Jack and telling him I'm some kind of weirdo who eats kiwi skins.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 21, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Really really. The texture is what turns most people off but if it doesn't bother you it's a really nice and tangy flavor that makes the fruit itself taste sweeter and almost creamy.
kiwis are delicious but passionfruit is one of my favorite. tho it also looks like snotty semen inside but its like liquid sweet tart candy in fruit form.

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013
Bring back Weekend Web

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Burt Sexual posted:

Goons love to post weird facts and fetishes about themselves, sometimes even unprompted in completely unrelated topics.

lock stock and Cheryl
Dec 19, 2009

by zen death robot
So where did all the KFers go? I can't imagine they'd stop stalking and harassing people just because their safe haven was shut down

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lock stock and Cheryl posted:

So where did all the KFers go? I can't imagine they'd stop stalking and harassing people just because their safe haven was shut down

Discord

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Contra Calculus posted:

I just realized in the midst of reading all this that I don't know how to properly pronounce "Kyanka."

For years I thought it was Japanese. I think there was something on the front page once that had a picture of a japanese guy at a computer captioned as as Rich Kyanka. Eventually realizing he was a white guy was weird. What kind of white guy has a name like Kyanka? Is it slavic?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Check my post history

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lowtax posted:

We can all learn some valuable lessons about morality from the brave, selfless, principled hero who ran a forum dedicated to making people's lives miserable, a site that declared war against us because I failed to ban all the filthy transsexuals and uppity negroes, a gem of the internet that was on a crusade to cause the downfall of this site. It is utterly incomprehensible and unexpected that such a site would be shut down by some person whose sole motivation was to ruin the life of somebody he felt deserved it.

Sometimes the world can be remarkably cruel and unfair to saints like null, who dedicated his life to running a forum for stalking, harassing, and ruining the lives of people they felt deserved it.

For the record, I can neither confirm, nor deny, that I had anything to do with this. It is purely coincidental that this happened merely days after I got involved and put them on notice.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

this is hosed up

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

D_Smart posted:

For the record, I can neither confirm, nor deny, that I had anything to do with this. It is purely coincidental that this happened merely days after I got involved and put them on notice.

Please stop trying to make everything about yourself

The SA vendetta was a billion times funnier than some dudes calling you a fag on twitter

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

D_Smart posted:

I don't think they shutdown the site because they were terrified by Derek Smart "putting them on notice" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

D_Smart posted:

Unless you are also Vordrak it definitely wasn't you so there you have it Mr Smart.

• Locked thread