Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Cedric and Patrick lying through their teeth on stream spotted

how so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Both of them are saying the cat deck will not be banned.

E: Not saying they don't have a good reason to do so, SCG wants to move an in-demand planeswalker, just that it definitely looks that way

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Both of them are saying the cat deck will not be banned.

SCG has planeswalkers to sell dude. They aren't going to put doubt into if you should buy into the deck.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

God I hate Kevin Jones. What a staller.

What the hell do you consider stalling?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Taking 20 seconds to untap your lands and draw, for one.

Anyways Eli is close to my team's version but doesn't include marvel and has no real spenders it looks like?

Ulamog would have won that game easily, just saying.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Kevin has no answer to a resolved Authority of the Consuls?

E: oh nahiri, didn't see it in the sideboard list

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 21, 2017

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Ok, Jim Davis' deck is just hilarious

*spell* Counter
*spell* kill it
*spell* counter again
*spell* Confirm Suspicions
*spell* Torrential Gearhulk, free Confirm Suspicions

opp scoops

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sestze posted:

*spell* Counter
*spell* kill it
*spell* counter again

opp scoops

Can you tell what basics he is using?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sestze posted:

*spell* Counter
*spell* kill it
*spell* counter again

opp scoops

Opponent that mulled to 4.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

Can you tell what basics he is using?

You mean the islands and swamps that look so similar that they are hard to tell what is which? Scummy.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

You mean the islands and swamps that look so similar that they are hard to tell what is which? Scummy.

Yeah, what set is that?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

80s James Hetfield posted:

Yeah, what set is that?

Looks like Ice Age to me... Also Walking Ballista seems ok. Better than I thought.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sickening posted:

There's no reason to do that unless you're trying to "get" your opponent.

Like, yes, you can argue "they can ask me what I have untapped," but they shouldn't have to ask because you chose intentionally ambiguous arts for your basics.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sickening posted:

Have you considered they just loving look nice together you sperg

Also lol at Jim double throwing that game

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 21, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Smdster/status/822925165201735681

Jim Davis is such a scumbag.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Sickening posted:

lol this is like probably dead last on the list of things you could legitimately accuse a player of being scummy for doing. Sorry you can't tell the difference between blue and black. I'm looking at Ice Age swamps and islands (assuming that's what they are) and I don't see how this is even being talked about.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Since I can't watch this while I'm at work, what happened?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Jim might play 2 lands a turn on camera more than anybody else that isn't amed alex.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm color blind, and when my opponents don't have specific symbols such as swamps or watery scenery I accuse them of cheating for also not adding brail to their cards.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Ultimate Guard are doing some slick ads.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Sickening posted:

Jim might play 2 lands a turn on camera more than anybody else that isn't amed alex.

Hey man, you play lands during your main phase, it's not Jim's fault wizards made the game confusing and gives you two main phases per turn!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DangerDongs posted:

I'm color blind, and when my opponents don't have specific symbols such as swamps or watery scenery I accuse them of cheating for also not adding brail to their cards.

In case you didn't know that there is actually something to playing with braille, here's a pretty interesting article about a guy I've played against in London:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gplon16/how-play-when-every-game-mental-magic-2016-10-09

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

DangerDongs posted:

As a guy who's actually colorblind, can confirm that the game of Magic and also everything in the world is rigged against me.

The only thing scummier than Jim Davis is whatever jerk thought it'd be funny to make traffic lights red and green.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Did he really? I didn't see that....

Some Numbers posted:

Since I can't watch this while I'm at work, what happened?

Rudy played an Avacyn before blockers. Jim Murdered it, Rudy Blocked with a Knight Token, Jim tried to get him to bin the token.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sit on my Facebook posted:

As a guy who's actually colorblind, can confirm that the game of Magic and also everything in the world is rigged against me.

The only thing scummier than Jim Davis is whatever jerk thought it'd be funny to make traffic lights red and green.

I've never thought about traffic lights being on the same color blind spectrum. Watch them change them to yellow and blue to solve the problem.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

DangerDongs posted:

I've never thought about traffic lights being on the same color blind spectrum. Watch them change them to yellow and blue to solve the problem.

They're not, the "green" on traffic lights was specifically chosen to be visible to red-green colorblind people.

As someone who's also red-green colorblind, not only have I never had a problem with traffic lights, they're always in the same order.

I actually have more trouble with the Yellow and Red lights, because sometimes the both look kind of orangey.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I guess this is the G/B aggro deck the local team was keeping secret. I don't think its playing against a good deck but it doesn't look bad.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wish the scrapheaps were the new Bob-siphoner for 1B.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

DangerDongs posted:

Now that we're in Trump's America I just insist that the traffic light is whatever color I wanted it to be in the first place so it's all good

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Some Numbers posted:

They're not, the "green" on traffic lights was specifically chosen to be visible to red-green colorblind people.

As someone who's also red-green colorblind, not only have I never had a problem with traffic lights, they're always in the same order.

I actually have more trouble with the Yellow and Red lights, because sometimes the both look kind of orangey.

This is also why it is against federal traffic regulations for traffic lights which indicate more than one color to be condensed into one color-changing light even though it would save money and material.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I am glad I got balista for less than 6 bucks for a playset because this card might actually be good.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Chris Andersen looks like the ultimate crybaby/bad sport

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Some Numbers posted:

There's no reason to do that unless you're trying to "get" your opponent.

Like, yes, you can argue "they can ask me what I have untapped," but they shouldn't have to ask because you chose intentionally ambiguous arts for your basics.

.....or maybe it's because you like Ice Age lands?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Sickening posted:

I am glad I got balista for less than 6 bucks for a playset because this card might actually be good.

Where do y'all think these will stable out to?

e: While I'm here, will Nissa get any higher if she sees play at the Pro Tour?

myDad fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 22, 2017

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

myDad posted:

Where do y'all think these will stable out to?

e: While I'm here, will Nissa get any higher if she sees play at the Pro Tour?

For Walking Ballista my guess unless it blows up at the PT or puts a lot into the top 8 this weekend, it'll probably be floating around $4-6 and then steadily fall.

Nissa - I feel like there is zero room upwards with her dual deck printing and the dual deck being less than $18.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

So why couldn't this have been a red card?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Dehtraen posted:

For Walking Ballista my guess unless it blows up at the PT or puts a lot into the top 8 this weekend, it'll probably be floating around $4-6 and then steadily fall.

Nissa - I feel like there is zero room upwards with her dual deck printing and the dual deck being less than $18.

Thanks, didn't realize there was a second print

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

SoftNum posted:

So why couldn't this have been a red card?

Because then it would be XRR and read "Sacrifice Walking Balista: deal X to target creature."

It would also require you to tap and pay R for the sac effect.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 22, 2017

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Did Caleb's deck play Tireless Tracker or Rishkar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

TwistedNails posted:

Did Caleb's deck play Tireless Tracker or Rishkar?

He ran some number of rishkar. Didn't see a tracker in the games I watched.

• Locked thread