Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Everytime I watch Purdue play, they're one of the better teams I've seen. But they haves losses to Iowa and Minnesota? I don't get the Big 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

PJ Dozier, easily our second-best player, will miss the Kentucky game tonight with back spasms.

Welp, so much for that!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri has a lead with 7:00 left in the second half. For the first time in conference play I'm fairly sure.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Missouri has a lead with 7:00 left in the second half. For the first time in conference play I'm fairly sure.

Sort of interested to tune in to see how they gently caress it up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Sort of interested to tune in to see how they gently caress it up

I mean they're just up one and trailed the whole half to this point, so Ole Miss probably just wakes up and plays better.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
DEACS

FIRST CONFERENCE ROAD WIN IN YEARS

FIRST WIN AT STATE SINCE CP3

WOOOOOOOO!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I mean they're just up one and trailed the whole half to this point, so Ole Miss probably just wakes up and plays better.

THere we go

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

DEACS

WOOOOOOOO!

I've said it before and I'll say it again because it's true and I miss him as an assistant coach for bigs - Danny Manning is good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again because it's true and I miss him as an assistant coach for bigs - Danny Manning is good.

It's been clear to me for about a year but some Wake fans were questioning him even earlier this season, which is dumb.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri is an historically bad three point shooting team, but has gone 50% from deep the last two games. And they still can't buy a win.

Today at least it's because of free throw shooting, they're 6-16 from the line.

Well they were 50% from 3 until they just missed three or four straight at the end of the game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well it's still technically a game somehow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
4 point loss at home to Kenpom #90! Improvement :woop:

:negative:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

4 point loss at home to Kenpom #90! Improvement :woop:

:negative:

lol just saw they ended up 6/17 from the stripe. KA really has nailed the fundamentals down

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Allonzo Trier is pretty good. Wow. Dont think even the biggest Arizona homers thought we could win like that in Westwood. What a statement.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!
That suit Frank Martin is wearing is awful.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We have the No. 1 3-point defense in the country, so of course Kentucky is raining 3s and we're about to get run out of the building. This was a likely L regardless, but drat, I really wish we'd been full strength.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Blackmon and Johnson combined for 50 of Indiana's 82 points. This win feels great after a tough week.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Absolute Zero posted:

Allonzo Trier is pretty good. Wow. Dont think even the biggest Arizona homers thought we could win like that in Westwood. What a statement.
Yeah I'm both glad that Trier is back and that Arizona controlled UCLA that well.

Sean Miller is a very good coach and no you can't have him

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Sean Miller is a very good coach and no you can't have him

I know a growing contingent of fans is asking for him at Indiana.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I would not be enjoying this game anyway, but man college refs love making this sport unwatchable.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wow that Badger game was insane. Minnesota's 3pt game was on point. They couldn't miss except the one that counted and lost in OT as the buzzer went out.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

DEACS

WOOOOOOOO!

the NC State team van broke down on the way to their own arena today, which works as metaphor for season and program both.

any fantasy that State will ever be relevant or particularly good again should be utterly dismissed after this year.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FartingBedpost posted:

Everytime I watch Purdue play, they're one of the better teams I've seen. But they haves losses to Iowa and Minnesota? I don't get the Big 10.

Purdue's freshman guard, Carsen Edwards, is their x-factor. They have one of the best and most consistent bigs in the nation in Caleb Swanigan, and are the best 3 point shooting and passing team in the Big10. Their defense is suspect at times.

If Edwards keeps improving at the rate he has this year, they will be playing their best ball by March. If he ends up in some kind of freshman slump, it will be up to their shooting to win games, and if shots aren't falling or they run into an offensive buzzsaw, they will be done.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Fox twisted his ankle and is questionable to return. Kentucky is not near as good on offense without him, and South Carolina is getting back in this game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FartingBedpost posted:

it's bad

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Fox twisted his ankle and is questionable to return. Kentucky is not near as good on offense without him, and South Carolina is getting back in this game.

You'll be fine. Might even the field a bit since we're missing a top offensive player as well, but UK is just too athletic for us.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

RumbleFish posted:

You'll be fine. Might even the field a bit since we're missing a top offensive player as well, but UK is just too athletic for us.

Monk came to life at the end of half to help keep a cushion. SC seems to be all Thornwell right now.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Monk came to life at the end of half to help keep a cushion. SC seems to be all Thornwell right now.

Yeah, our other guards (namely Notice and Felder) are capable of heating up, but they're just too inconsistent. That's why it really hurts not having Dozier available -- Thornwell has to shoulder too much of the offense without him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey Andichu or whoever might have been watching, how blatant was the technical for someone getting hit in the head in K State/WVU?

Happened to hear it on the KSU radio call of the game and they were like, incensed about how bad the call was. Personally affronted and whiny when the Mountaineers came back right after.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Hey Baylor get hosed :cheers:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Last Northwestern win at Ohio State: 1978

Lets change that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is loving excruciating, make a drat bucket

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
i would like to NOT lose to the northwestern wildcats

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:kingsley:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
tie magic doesn't exist. my entire worldview is shaken

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

EVERY loving TIME WHY CAN'T THEY EVER WIN A CLOSE GAME GODDAMMIT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wildcats bitch can't close out a game without trying to blow it like chumps, eat it ohio state

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
wait, isn't Ohio State supposed to be good at sports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

The Piper posted:

wait, isn't Ohio State supposed to be good at sports?

Thad Matta has been dead for two years

• Locked thread