Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rirse posted:

Actually plot twist, this is actually about DONKEY Kong. John Goodman plays Mario.

John C. Reilly is Luigi.

Fer yer shrooms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mierenneuker posted:

"Sad-sack" is not a word I would use to describe Pete Holmes. He is like a former Christian Summer camp counselor who can barely stop himself from making dad jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK8G_VAuEnk

His joke about how this is the only universe in which he is a comedian and in all of the others he is a youth pastor really rings true.

i really like Pete Holmes tho

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

kiimo posted:

I did locations for United States of Tara. It takes place in my home town of Overland Park, KS.

I had to interrupt a hospital room setup they were going to film with the San Fernando Mountains in the window and say uh you might want to pick a different room and they thankfully obliged.

I did God's work that day.

Haha, I was coming to post the exact same thing about the United States of Tara. I grew up in NE Kansas and I loved seeing sunny, subtropical Johnson County, KS.

They also acted as if going to Kansas City was like shlepping through the desert or something. It was really cute seeing their interpretation of home.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rirse posted:

Actually plot twist, this is actually about DONKEY Kong. John Goodman plays Mario.

Is Loki gonna steal his bananas? :ohdear:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What a weird penis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, does Kong take place during 'Nam or something? All the Hueys and the uniforms on the soldiers in that big poster scream late-60s.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Good to see the Brain is still getting work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, does Kong take place during 'Nam or something? All the Hueys and the uniforms on the soldiers in that big poster scream late-60s.

Yes.

It's like 71, 72.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Aphrodite posted:

Yes.

It's like 71, 72.

Huh, right on.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Palpek posted:

What a weird penis.

:2 is supposed to be a horse emoticon so there could be a dick size joke.

Or it's just a lousy numeral placement.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Am I the only one who likes the Kong posters? I think they're kinda neat, if nothing spectacular.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That's a solid cast. Haven't seen the director's other films, but I'm definitely interested!

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Criterion did it better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't tell if I like it or hate it when actors who are in serious relationships appear in movies together. I guess I'm leaning towards like it. (dave franco and allison brie)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

I can't tell if I like it or hate it when actors who are in serious relationships appear in movies together. I guess I'm leaning towards like it. (dave franco and allison brie)

The Bogart/Bacall movies were all great.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kiimo posted:

How did you feel about Scream 2?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
n/m

Dead Snoopy fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 21, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kiimo posted:

I can't tell if I like it or hate it when actors who are in serious relationships appear in movies together. I guess I'm leaning towards like it.

idk that its a good thing that you put that stuff here when you work "in the industry"

im saying it from a selfish point of view cause i want to hear your comments on trailers but im worried that youll get in trouble because you mentioned that one time when Jack Lemmon & David Schwimmer got in a fight in the mud outside Disneyworld

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Is that Donald Cried poster real? The credits are wrong

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The p-shopped faces are distracting as Hell. I get that at some point somebody said we have to see the actor's actual faces and not stained glass versions but it just doesn't work very well.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You can barely even recognize the actors, what's the point

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i immediately recognized john c reilly & that was probably also the point

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I must have missed the Photoshop Phriday that last poster is from.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is this an adaptation of Time After Time, the movie where Jack the Ripper steals H.G. Wells' time machine and Wells, played by Malcolm Macdowell, has to follow him to 1970s San Francisco to stop the Ripper from continuing his murders in the future?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is this an adaptation of Time After Time, the movie where Jack the Ripper steals H.G. Wells' time machine and Wells, played by Malcolm Macdowell, has to follow him to 1970s San Francisco to stop the Ripper from continuing his murders in the future?

Yes

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So does this mean that H.G. Wells and Jack the Ripper have teamed up to stop other time travel shenanigans?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Also is macdowell in it or not? it sounds like he's in some earlier property (god i loving hate htat word) that has been adapted?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Serious answer is that it is just an adaptation of the same novel just instead travelling to the 70s it is instead present day.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Which one's Jack, the guy turning to face us?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Beardo

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Full Moon has some of the best posters...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Uh, that one's from Empire Pictures.
:goonsay:

Dredging up this old post to contrast it with the German DVD art.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 21, 2017

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Empire was Charles Band's company before he started Full Moon and was the studio the first Trancers movie was made under (all the rest were Full Moon). It went bankrupt in the late 80s. I think MGM actually owns a lot of Empire's catalog now.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Palpek posted:

What a weird penis.

John Wick's Tool

westborn
Feb 25, 2010
2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:

2016:

...thread just turned 5. :toot:

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did High-Rise ever come out? I been seeing posters for it for about two years now.