Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pingiivi posted:

I tried the Nioh demo and remembered that I just do not like the souls type games at all. Then I summoned help and some Japanese dude joined in and KILLED EVERYTHING. I just ran behind him and collected the drops.

I tried the Nioh demo with a wait-and-see attitude and was totally enthralled. The loading times are so fast that I kept dying and going back for my corpse for like 2 hours.

It's an amazing mashup of gameplay styles and references, from Onimusha/Tenchu/Bushido Blade to Souls/Ninja Gaiden, parts of it even gave me a Soul Edge fighting game feel. The whole thing feels amazing and cohesive and it's super rare to get games like this in the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

:rock:GAMING WITH THE DEVIL:rock:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Watch Dogs 2 sure has a lot of montages

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I haven't gotten an e-mail from Sony in a long time that wasn't related to purchases and I find that weird, because I have it set to send me them for deals and the like and I used to get them. I didn't really care until they started throwing out unique discount codes into them!

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

zenintrude posted:

:rock:GAMING WITH THE DEVIL:rock:

Is this an app?

Also, can anyone link me to the recommended 2tb HD to upgrade the PS4 with? I think it was an external drive?

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 22, 2017

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Several Goblins posted:

Is this an app?

Also, can anyone link to me the recommended 2tb HD to upgrade the PS4 with?

It's Gmail.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Skeezy posted:

It's Gmail.

I worded that poorly. I meant is it like directly from Playstation, a third party site or an app? I just didn't think Playstation kept track of play times and stuff like that.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Gravity Rush 2 has some pretty good statues. Good follow-up from the first game's fish.

I'm sure there a bunch more that I haven't run across yet.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Several Goblins posted:

I worded that poorly. I meant is it like directly from Playstation, a third party site or an app? I just didn't think Playstation kept track of play times and stuff like that.

It's directly from Sony/PSN... was sent out yesterday.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do you guys have any experience getting support with hosed up PSN cards? I bought four fifty dollar ones to get Nioh and Yakuza because the store is completely fuckered and wont let me buy stuff directly, and two of them had the code get completely obliterated when I was scratching the back. I'm in line for live chat right now.

EDIT: Never mind, the phone guy said it has to be escalated and it's going to take two business days to resolve. This whole system is loving retarded.

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 22, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

crab hands strikes again

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fadam posted:

Do you guys have any experience getting support with hosed up PSN cards? I bought four fifty dollar ones to get Nioh and Yakuza because the store is completely fuckered and wont let me buy stuff directly, and two of them had the code get completely obliterated when I was scratching the back. I'm in line for live chat right now.

EDIT: Never mind, the phone guy said it has to be escalated and it's going to take two business days to resolve. This whole system is loving retarded.
So there's some previous problem with buying stuff in general?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

So there's some previous problem with buying stuff in general?

i guess he has the problem where psn/sony just doesn't want his card/money

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm the reason for the "sound of piss" in the Destiny thread title.

Nope. I won't name and shame the guilty parties though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You know there's people in this thread that have bought Knack simply because it's mentioned so much in this thread.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I made a Gravity Rush 2 thread, though it looks like Nioh is what everyone's playing this weekend, me included.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oxxidation posted:

I made a Gravity Rush 2 thread, though it looks like Nioh is what everyone's playing this weekend, me included.

You might want to change that OP to note that you actually need to watch the anime shorts to get what the hell's happened at the start of Gravity Rush 2.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

89 posted:

You know there's people in this thread that have bought Knack simply because it's mentioned so much in this thread.

Don't let yourself be run over by the hype train like them.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nioh is crazy hard for me but I'm liking it more than Bloodborne. I cant get ANYWHERE in Bloodborne. I'm lucky if I can reliably make it to the bridge with the two wolfs.

That and I was real stoned earlier and was having fun seeing all the different stances and attacks in Nioh. That chain scythe is dope as hell.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im sort of annoyed that amazon doesnt have free release day delivery on either yakuza or resident evil 7. i am busy enough that i'd rather save $20+ and wait two days but man what the hell amazon get your poo poo together

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

im sort of annoyed that amazon doesnt have free release day delivery on either yakuza or resident evil 7. i am busy enough that i'd rather save $20+ and wait two days but man what the hell amazon get your poo poo together

they do for me (cause i ordered in like august)

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I never got that year in review email :smith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

89 posted:

zenintrude posted:

Just need to chime in really quick to let everyone know that Knack is actually pretty great and I'm sad that I listened to you jerks. I could have been playing this a year ago!

Thanks a lot, dum-dums.

Also in looking up that old post, I saw that I have been unironically calling for the PS+ release of Knack since Sept 2014

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Nioh is crazy hard for me but I'm liking it more than Bloodborne. I cant get ANYWHERE in Bloodborne. I'm lucky if I can reliably make it to the bridge with the two wolfs.

At least you're not alone as I died right after the tutorial :v:

I hope they tell us why Geralt was teleported into Japan and how he became a samurai in the full release.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also in looking up that old post, I saw that I have been unironically calling for the PS+ release of Knack since Sept 2014

Look at me posting good! :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

verbal enema posted:

When you go up the street and through the arch to where the Ogre beating on the door, leave him be and circle round to where the people are partying indoors. Smash the crates to the left of their door and you can jump down. That'll lead you on to a shortcut back to the Lantern (the other side of that locked gate) and actual progression.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Nioh is so loving good. Everybody play the demo if you like bloodborne or souls at all, its really cool. Definitely feels like Team Ninja doing their Ninja Gaiden thing but building it in the framework of a souls game, and it works fantastically.

The combat feels even more lethal than dark souls, but you have so many more combat options. Fighting just feels so intense.

Very much feels like I'm experiencing dark souls 1 all over again and I'm in love.

verbal enema posted:

That and I was real stoned earlier and was having fun seeing all the different stances and attacks in Nioh. That chain scythe is dope as hell.

Each beta has started out way crazy harder for me than dark souls, with dying several times to the first few enemies, only making inches of progress.

Each beta though, as I put more time into it I pick up steam and start pushing further and further until I'm not really dying at all anymore.

And yeah, I played katana for the last two betas, but the kusari chain scythe is addictingly fun. Swinging it around and hitting 3 guys is like some action movie stuff.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

Nioh is so loving good. Everybody play the demo if you like bloodborne or souls at all, its really cool. Definitely feels like Team Ninja doing their Ninja Gaiden thing but building it in the framework of a souls game, and it works fantastically.

The combat feels even more lethal than dark souls, but you have so many more combat options. Fighting just feels so intense.

Very much feels like I'm experiencing dark souls 1 all over again and I'm in love.

I would love to, but i'm currently re-installing the demo. There has to be something wrong for the game to crash 5 times at the title screen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TaurusOxford posted:

I would love to, but i'm currently re-installing the demo. There has to be something wrong for the game to crash 5 times at the title screen.

:( that sucks. You on ps4 or pro?

I haven't had any issues at all on any of the 3 betas for Nioh. Your free space looking good and all that?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zaphod42 posted:

:( that sucks. You on ps4 or pro?

I haven't had any issues at all on any of the 3 betas for Nioh. Your free space looking good and all that?

PS4, and space is not an issue. It makes no sense either cause it worked fine when I first played it, but then I turned it off to take a break and that's when it refused to work.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hell yeah $5 gauntlet

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
is the pro wroth it? i am planing to get a ps4 for my birthday, should i just spend the extra $100 for the future proof even i don't have a 4k TV?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cyron posted:

is the pro wroth it? i am planing to get a ps4 for my birthday, should i just spend the extra $100 for the future proof even i don't have a 4k TV?

How much is $100 for you? Do you plan on getting a 4k tv at some point? (no rush honestly) How much do you care about frame rate? A lot? Not at all? What about VR? A lot? Not at all?

:shrug: gotta decide for yourself man. But the plain ps4 will be able to do everything okay if money is tight for you.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Zaphod42 posted:

How much is $100 for you? Do you plan on getting a 4k tv at some point? (no rush honestly) How much do you care about frame rate? A lot? Not at all? What about VR? A lot? Not at all?

:shrug: gotta decide for yourself man. But the plain ps4 will be able to do everything okay if money is tight for you.

framerate mainly, i am poor so i have no plans to buy a 4k TV (although i may be buying a new tv soon if my parents tv die and i give them mine) but i may not since 4K is still ironing out the bugs. i think i get the $300 PS4 and spend the $100 on games that i missed.

does the normal PS4 have any defects? like shaddy parts or anything like that? this is my father talking since i said the walmart had 15 ps4's and he thinks there might be something wrong with it.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 22, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cyron posted:

framerate mainly, i am poor so i have no plans to buy a 4k TV (although i may be buying a new tv soon if my parents tv die and i give them mine) but i may not since 4K is still ironing out the bugs. i think i get the $300 PS4 and spend the $100 on games that i missed.

does the normal PS4 have any defects? like shaddy parts or anything like that? this is my father talking since i said the walmart had 15 ps4's and he thinks there might be something wrong with it.

Nah normal PS4 is built like a rock. Super good console. Spending $100 on games seems reasonable to me. The framerate is nice, but not all games will even take advantage of it.

Just like make sure its not a used console or anything, new ps4s should be totally fine.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cyron posted:

Good news is how PS4 slim goes on sale for $250 :v:

I spent a lot of time looking at the PS4 and it works fine despite not having the latest and greatest gfx with Pro. Also PSN sales means more games at affordable prices.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I posted this in the Gravity Rush 2 thread but it might get an answer here too:

Question for Story Mission 14: How the gently caress am I supposed to get to the Auldnoir station? The game keeps kicking me back to my starting location every time I get within about 100 yards and I've tried every sort of approach possible. Grounded, flying low, flying high, flying around, going slow/fast, etc.

I checked for other stuff and doesn't look like anyone else has seen this one. A video walkthrough thing just has a guy fly straight towards it.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Failboattootoot posted:

Gravity Rush 2 feels so much worse to play than the first one. Wonder if I am just rusty or what?

Edit: Well ok it's really just the gravity kick and it's aiming that seems worse.

I've felt kind of the same thing. I'm not sure if it's because the kick's targeting is less sticky or if it just has a smaller radius for auto-targeting. It's even more annoying in the rift plane areas since your kicks can target both enemies and mining points.

Aside from that though I love the new areas, they feel a lot more dense than any of the original.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There's one class of flying enemy in GR2 that you will NOT be able to gravity kick unless you start it at near point blank range, could that be it?

edit: There's a powerup you get later that adds a teleport to the gravity kick that allows you to fight them normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't really feel that the kick is worse than the first game, but it's important to note that GR2 encourages you to use it way less because the stasis field is actually incredibly good now. I use it in combat constantly now wheras I avoided it as much as possible in the first game.