Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Found out today that I have one degree of separation from the guy who bulldozed Granby, CO. He used to own the muffler shop next to my shop, and was buds with my boss. Pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

eighty-four merc posted:

Found out today that I have one degree of separation from the guy who bulldozed Granby, CO. He used to own the muffler shop next to my shop, and was buds with my boss. Pretty sweet.

Killdozer? Neat.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

Yeah. If there's just one guy cruising the highways of Valhalla right now, it's definitely him.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

What do you mean by head rebuild, because that sounds like quite the offer...

It had a bad head gasket. So I pulled the head had the head cleaned in a parts cleaner put a new head gasket on. And then dumb 20 year old me got the timing off. And on first start crank crank crank crank. Then checked compression and down to 75 on three cylinders. If your interested we can talk a price.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CommieGIR posted:

Papa Johns is awful.

it's better than pizza Hut

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

eighty-four merc posted:

loving amazing :getin:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

eighty-four merc posted:

:killdozer:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

fridge corn posted:

it's better than pizza Hut

Blasphemy. Pizza hut is the bomb, has stuffed crust and flavored crust, buffalo sauce drizzle and salami.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

pizza hut is too rich and makes me sick almost every time i eat it

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Their crust is too sweet.

when I worked there a long time ago i'd make stuffed thin crust. hnngggggg

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

clam ache posted:

It had a bad head gasket. So I pulled the head had the head cleaned in a parts cleaner put a new head gasket on. And then dumb 20 year old me got the timing off. And on first start crank crank crank crank. Then checked compression and down to 75 on three cylinders. If your interested we can talk a price.

Hmmm, warping sounds less good. Shouldn't compression be closer to 150?

InitialDave posted:

Clerks 2, er, too.

If that's the ST gearbox we got, it's a three-shaft design like VAG used in some cars (Getrag I believe), so you have to be careful of people conflating the gear ratios, as in effect half of them have a different final drive ratio. Yes, sixth is itself an almost direct drive, but it's direct drive into a 2.9 final drive, not a 4.2 FD like the identical-ratio fourth gear is. It's "really" something like a 0.75:1 ratio in that sense.

Ohhh, that's much less exciting...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

Their crust is too sweet.

when I worked there a long time ago i'd make stuffed thin crust. hnngggggg

Did they still do the 8oz ladle of grease in the bottom of pan pizzas? When I saw that I never wanted PH again.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Goober Peas posted:

Did they still do the 8oz ladle of grease in the bottom of pan pizzas? When I saw that I never wanted PH again.

They did yea. but this was 2008-2009.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

They did yea. but this was 2008-2009.

8oz was a conservative pour, and 1 pour was typical. I saw some pies get 2 or 3 pours :barf:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

For years the only pizza my parents would order was Pizza Hut pan, and that loving grease sponge made me say "oh, i don't much care for pizza" for years.

In their defense, the only options at the time were Pizza Hut and Dominos, and eventually they tried PH's New York style and us kids never let them get pan again. (we were 40 minutes from any pizza place so we never got free pizza at school events or that sort of thing)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I remember coming to the US and thinking that Little Caesars was godlike compared to the poo poo I had elsewhere

You guys have no idea how good you have it wrt pizza

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Domino's pizza ( with that polenta-type crust we get in the UK) is best pizza.

spog posted:

I recall somewhere reading that forgetting to tell the insurance company something (such a a mod) will not affect a claim unless that mod had (or potentially had) an effect on the incident.
I really don't understand why they would care beyond "is it the same car?", which is a five minute eyeball job on the chassis number. But bless 'em, insurance companies love to get their collective knickers in a twist about bullshit that doesn't matter.

eighty-four merc posted:

Marvin Heemeyer, yes? I have to say, while I don't 100% agree with the approach he took, I do understand.

Also, Killdozer was a great story/film.

The Door Frame posted:

This poo poo matters. All that separates the kind of people who post in AI from every other car forum is a higher level of intelligence and an understanding that you can damp out :spergin: with sufficient alcohol intake. You know. The animals.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

InitialDave posted:

an understanding that you can damp out :spergin: with sufficient alcohol intake.

try me, bitch

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

That fried crust dripping with grease on a Pizza Hut pan pizza is a guilty pleasure of mine. I only have one a couple times a year and the rest of the pizza is pretty bleh but that crust is magical. Firehouse Pizza is my least favorite chain pizza. It's pretty standard chain pizza but with candy sweet :barf:

For actual good pizza I either make it myself or go to a really excellent local place with a proper wood fired brick oven.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hungry howies and little caesars are my favorites

There's a pizza place that specializes in Detroit style pizza called Buddy's that is v good as well but expensive

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 218 days!)

funny Star Wars parody posted:

little caesars are my favorites

:getout:

(Yeah, probably not the best bit of the thread to start- the end)

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I remember coming to the US and thinking that Little Caesars was godlike compared to the poo poo I had elsewhere

Bless your heart.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Hmmm, warping sounds less good. Shouldn't compression be closer to 150?

No the valves are what are looking compression. Its loosing it on 2 and 4 the worst. I also have it apart and haven't touched it in maybe 3 years so who knows now. Offer still stands.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

If you're in the SF bay area, I'm a fan of Patxi's pizza. don't think there are any locations beyond that though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hungry howies and little caesars are my favorites

I thought we were past the days of you trolling

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

Blasphemy. Pizza hut is the bomb, has stuffed crust and flavored crust, buffalo sauce drizzle and salami.

LOLWUT? Pizza Hut is barely cardboard!

I could name half a dozen places around near me with pizza that is kms beter than the US. I dont know why but we have some drat good pizza places around here.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

clam ache posted:

No the valves are what are looking compression. Its loosing it on 2 and 4 the worst. I also have it apart and haven't touched it in maybe 3 years so who knows now. Offer still stands.

Oh, well that's way easier to deal with than a warped head. Mileage? I don't have PM's, but shoot me an email. I'm zoabdy at gmail dot com

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I get dominoes sometimes, because we live waaaaaay out in the country, and they still deliver.

.....I have no illusions that it is quality. It's junk food that drives to my house, which is a luxury I've never had before.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I could name half a dozen places around near me with pizza that is kms beter than the US. I dont know why but we have some drat good pizza places around here.

Ten years ago in the Sydney suburbs I would strongly disagree w. u. Idk about now though

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ten years ago in the Sydney suburbs I would strongly disagree w. u. Idk about now though

Where in God Green Earth were you that pizza sucked in Sydney......?

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

InitialDave posted:

Marvin Heemeyer, yes? I have to say, while I don't 100% agree with the approach he took, I do understand.

I may not agree with what you have to bulldoze, but I will defend to the death your right to bulldoze it. I'm not from CO and haven't been here long so my boss asked me how I had heard of it and I said "Well, I mean he's kind of a folk hero, man."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Then your Pizza Hut sucks. Mine does not :colbert:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Yours isn't in Buford is it?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Coredump posted:

Yours isn't in Buford is it?

Nah, off in Braselton.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Where in God Green Earth were you that pizza sucked in Sydney......?

Wollongong

It was "good" compared to the pizza I had in Norway but then I saw The Light in the USA

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Pizza Hut is ok. For the most part their crust is wayyyyy too greasy though. Dominos has gotten a lot better, and I really like their buffalo chicken pizza. But Papa Johns is the worst. Bland Pizza and then you get through to the utter wasteland of flavor that is the crust. And even dunking it in that garlic flavored oil they give you doesn't help.

One good thing I can say about Orlando is that is we have an abundance of pizza places to get some really fantastic pizza at around here. If anyone around here likes to go to Winter Park, Prato on Park Ave. has some really great coal fired pizzas.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Chicago pizza place near me closed :(

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Pham Nuwen posted:

try me, bitch
Ash, Cakefool, Tomarse? We have a job to do.

eighty-four merc posted:

I may not agree with what you have to bulldoze, but I will defend to the death your right to bulldoze it.
Basically.

hahaha, dude, that actually sounds almost like real place.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

CharlesM posted:

The Chicago pizza place near me closed :(

You poor soul... it needs to have a bizarre Italian name and be run by a tiny, creepily thin Italian man for me to go. The only exception I make is for Paisan's, because they have the sweetest sauces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

ALL Pizza Hut's suck. ALL chain pizza places suck

Wollongong

It was "good" compared to the pizza I had in Norway but then I saw The Light in the USA

You would be in for a huge surprsie, Wollongong has changed big time

• Locked thread