Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The episode was cool and good and all but

BRALY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TheDead1 posted:

Is it me or does look like the god behind them look like cell?

I think it's a fox or something?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dias posted:

The episode was cool and good and all but

BRALY

Watch her be named Barley.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Barley is a grain, not a vegetable!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kithkar posted:

This entire filler arc is amazing, and its even better because they're using it to rehabilitate the credibility of those who have fallen by the wayside.

Goku V Gohan spar is the perfect endcap to the Saiyaman bit.

I would not have guessed Master Roshi sends Goku and Krillin to go get his weed would have been the absolute perfect way to bring Krillin back up to (relative) speed but here we are.

18 is blatantly goading him into to go train with Goku because she knows it will be good for him. She's definitely right behind Videl in the running for best fight wife

I get that, but jesus things looked ominous when the coffee cream heart fell apart and the fish were looking tense at the place, plus how loving ominous Maron's "daddy isn't strong?" bit. I get that this isn't too serious, but ooof that scene had an incredibly heavy atmosphere.

Amazing episode, also surprisingly snappy. The Goku vs Great Saiyaman sparring looked really good.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I have to say, Super's been hitting it out of the park lately. This isn't even really a filler arc, it seems like it's setup for Krillin getting his poo poo together for the universe survival arc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So, assuming Braly is apart of team Universe 6, how much do you wanna bet that she's the result of Cabba trying to teach the other Saiyans how to turn super and loving up?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

So, assuming Braly is apart of team Universe 6, how much do you wanna bet that she's the result of Cabba trying to teach the other Saiyans how to turn super and loving up?

I'm not sure how that is loving up, if that's what happens then by all means he greatly succeeded.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

what if Braly is actually Princess Trunks, and we're officially through the looking glass

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Azathoth256 posted:

I have to say, Super's been hitting it out of the park lately. This isn't even really a filler arc, it seems like it's setup for Krillin getting his poo poo together for the universe survival arc.

It's also building up to Bra. ChiChi and Gohan were gossiping of Vegeta getting in trouble with Bulma due to his glare, but maybe it's just what he's been doing since finding out Bulma's pregnant?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure how that is loving up, if that's what happens then by all means he greatly succeeded.

Well, assuming she's an out of control rage monster when she transforms like Broly was, she probably caused a lot of mayhem on their home planet.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's also building up to Bra. ChiChi and Gohan were gossiping of Vegeta getting in trouble with Bulma due to his glare, but maybe it's just what he's been doing since finding out Bulma's pregnant?

Probably, but it's Vegeta, so that's kind of his default state.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

StrifeHira posted:

:stare: It happened and I can't believe it. Legendary Super Saiyan, FEMALE Legendary Super Saiyan! :ssj:

Jesus Christ, the madmen actually did it

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
So I didn't just dream up Master Roshi putting Goku and Krillin on a fetchquest for his weed would be in literal canon dragonball? Like... that happened right?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So these are all the Gods of Destruction we know about.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Pureauthor posted:

Heeeeey we want some BAR-LEY!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lupus Rufus posted:

So I didn't just dream up Master Roshi putting Goku and Krillin on a fetchquest for his weed would be in literal canon dragonball? Like... that happened right?

I mean, I'm surprised he didn't make them do it when they were kids

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I find it very interesting that whatever training Gohan has been doing with Piccolo, and I guess that fight last episode, let him go one on one against his dad on fairly even ground in base and SSJ form.

No doubt Goku could smoke him with SSJBlue, but it gives me hope for Gohan come to the tournament. With something that major to fight for, he might pull something really awesome out

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gohan is going to fight girl Broly in the first round and lose because he can't hit a girl and also because she turns into an unstoppable rage monster and beats the ever loving poo poo out of him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The first words out of Braly's mouth will be "What's your power level? Mine's pretty big."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think this retroactively makes the Princess Trunks joke funnier.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So...does this mean that Broly is canon? And if so, does that in turn mean all movie villains are canon?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what the gently caress

krillin got injured by an actual gun

gently caress this garbage show

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhonne posted:

So...does this mean that Broly is canon? And if so, does that in turn mean all movie villains are canon?

it means broly's legendary super saiyan form is a canonical form

it also means that, canonically, this girl is the legendary super saiyan of whatever universe she is from

and broly is still not canon

it owns

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

what the gently caress

this dumb show is smarter than you, lol

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

One universe will have Freeza's sister, Coolah.

And the evil Super Namekian Queen Slug.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

what the gently caress

It's.. almost like it was a plot point in the episode that Krillin got injured by an actual gun.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How old is Marron supposed to be? Seems a bit too young to have piercings already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

How old is Marron supposed to be? Seems a bit too young to have piercings already.

They make tiny plastic clip-on earrings for little kids, my sister used to love them.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tae posted:

People pierce newborns' ears, it's not a big deal.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Tae posted:

Parents get ear piercings for babies, dude.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
18 says "I didn't marry a weakling" and I'm like "well you could still whoop his rear end tbf".

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

We've had canon Garlic Jr. and Turles for a whole arc already.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kazy posted:

I think the point was that he's slacked so much in his training he's vulnerable to bullets again.

Yeah but that implies he's now weaker than Kid Goku the last time he was fighting, and therefore far too weak to do any good in the tournament.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
RoF already established that a distracted enough fighter can get bodied by regular weapons, Krillin just jumped in way too fast and was way too lax so he got grazed.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I love this Krillin mini-arc so much. (It's basically the arc everyone keeps expecting Gohan to have, huh?)

Also if Broly is canon now I am going to A) scream and B) burn all of my Dragonball mangas

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I kinda want Super to just remember vague movie moments, especially the ones that are hardest to make sense in the timeline.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

Gohan is going to fight girl Broly in the first round and lose because he can't hit a girl and also because she turns into an unstoppable rage monster and beats the ever loving poo poo out of him.

Eh, when he gets going, Gohan is a pretty serious rage monster as well. I do wonder how much of the Great Saiyaman is a way for him to blow off steam and still be "Gohan, reliable father/husband", and if he'd need to drop it to go all out.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

18 says "I didn't marry a weakling" and I'm like "well you could still whoop his rear end tbf".

I was thinking "Lady the dude did nothing but cower before you, you totally married a weakling"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gohan being able to go toe-to-toe with Goku for a bit was cool

• Locked thread