Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anything over 25 hours a week is too much to work. Anything longer than 6 hours is too long to work in a single day. The ideal work schedule is four or five 5-hour days per week. The minimum wage should be no less than $20 an hour to accommodate this.

Also, work sucks and having a job is unnecessary to having a feeling of purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Wheat Loaf posted:

You could probably say the same about Saddam Hussein, I suppose. I feel like it's difficult to know without hindsight. :shrug:

Are you trying to justify the invasion of Iraq? That happened so Halliburton could rob the US treasury, just ask Dick Cheney.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

You gonna contribute at all?

nah, i've talked to a brick wall enough today.

that and we don't need more slapfights about your incorrect view of the south.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Blue Star posted:

Anything over 25 hours a week is too much to work. Anything longer than 6 hours is too long to work in a single day. The ideal work schedule is four or five 5-hour days per week. The minimum wage should be no less than $20 an hour to accommodate this.

Also, work sucks and having a job is unnecessary to having a feeling of purpose.

Since when does Blue Star have good opinions?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Infinite resources will spell our doom as a species. Think people will sign up to serve like in Star Trek? People will just masturbate all day and binge netflix. Um...

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Infinite resources will spell our doom as a species. Think people will sign up to serve like in Star Trek? People will just masturbate all day and binge netflix. Um...

Good. Can't wait.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Wall-E is our destiny.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

That's probably what happens in Star Trek. 99.999% of the human race is probably in a holodeck jerking it to photon titties, meanwhile those crazy few weirdos go join starfleet to try and gently caress an alien.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

veni veni veni posted:

I appreciate that someone else recognizes that Ready Player One is absolute poo poo. Worst book I have ever read.
I don't think that's a particular uncommon opinion. There are people who love it but there are also plenty of people who recognise that it is worthless garbage.

Jastiger posted:

Shut down the South in the Civil War, thus preserving some semblence of Democracy in the West
How would the American civil war have led to the end of democracy in western Europe?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Ready Player One was fine. It's not great, it's not garbage. It's just a scifi novel with a really obvious moral to it and a lot of nostalgia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Name one good thing violence has accomplished.

I'll wait.

Were it not for violence Dwayne The Rock Johnson would never have entered our lives.

That sounds way more sinister than I intended, I meant wrestling.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I don't think that's a particular uncommon opinion. There are people who love it but there are also plenty of people who recognise that it is worthless garbage.

How would the American civil war have led to the end of democracy in western Europe?

The South wins the Civil war and secedes. WWI breaks out. Guess whose side the South goes on and/or guess how effective the North is in helping the British?

Yeah.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The American involvement in both of the world wars is vastly overvalued.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jastiger posted:

The South wins the Civil war and secedes. WWI breaks out. Guess whose side the South goes on and/or guess how effective the North is in helping the British?

Yeah.

I doubt anyone can say with any confidence what effect a successful secession would have on a war that took place 50 years later on the other side of the world, but it's my understanding that America's involvement wasn't terribly significant anyway. :shrug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fashionable Jorts posted:

The American involvement in both of the world wars is vastly overvalued.

It's actually vastly undervalued by the non America nations to make themselves feel better about themselves

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I doubt anyone can say with any confidence what effect a successful secession would have on a war that took place 50 years later on the other side of the world, but it's my understanding that America's involvement wasn't terribly significant anyway. :shrug:

I'm not saying that the US won the second or first world wars by themselves. But the influx of man power, the not having to watch your borders too closely, the sheer economic strength of a nation untouched by war was a pretty big deal. If they had a belligerent country to their South its not likely they would have been able to commit anything to the war effort. And seriously, the South was likely more on the side of the 3rd Reich than the Allies in the second world war, that would have been some serious poo poo to have an Axis sympathetic 3rd world country on the Southern border of the United States.

So yeah, Western Democracy was pretty much saved at Appomattox Courthouse when the evil South was destroyed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The three worlds model describes the Cold War era and doesn't make any god drat sense there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

I'm not saying that the US won the second or first world wars by themselves. But the influx of man power, the not having to watch your borders too closely, the sheer economic strength of a nation untouched by war was a pretty big deal. If they had a belligerent country to their South its not likely they would have been able to commit anything to the war effort. And seriously, the South was likely more on the side of the 3rd Reich than the Allies in the second world war, that would have been some serious poo poo to have an Axis sympathetic 3rd world country on the Southern border of the United States.

So yeah, Western Democracy was pretty much saved at Appomattox Courthouse when the evil South was destroyed.

you're delusional, jastiger.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

spit on my clit posted:

you're delusional, jastiger.

The one thing I've learned from reading jastigers posts is that The South is the cause of literally every bad thing to ever happen in the world, and being born in the South is a crime punishable by death.

You really need to explore this intense fixation on the South with a therapist Jastiger, it's pretty weird.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The one thing I've learned from reading jastigers posts is that The South is the cause of literally every bad thing to ever happen in the world, and being born in the South is a crime punishable by death.

You really need to explore this intense fixation on the South with a therapist Jastiger, it's pretty weird.

:agreed:

I'm in no way a fan of regressive policies and/or racism, sexism, etc., but I've travelled through most of the country as part of my job, and found no_difference_whatsoever between the opinions and attitudes espoused by white people in small towns/rural areas in a)the South, b) the Midwest, c)Idaho/ E. Washington/Montana, and central California.

They mostly all suck outside of college towns and larger cities. Sad but true.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Spouses do not need to share a bed in order to have a healthy and happy relationship.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jastiger posted:

Yeah.

The Confederates would almost certainly have sided with the British and the French, because the only way they'd have had a snowball's chance of winning the Civil War would've been if the British and the French help them (i.e. Royal Navy breaks the blockade and Canadian troops attack New England, Napoleon III successfully establishes a pro-French Hapsburg monarchy in Mexico etc.).

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

The Confederates would almost certainly have sided with the British and the French, because the only way they'd have had a snowball's chance of winning the Civil War would've been if the British and the French help them (i.e. Royal Navy breaks the blockade and Canadian troops attack New England, Napoleon III successfully establishes a pro-French Hapsburg monarchy in Mexico etc.).

Hey, that is even possible, but the war effort is effectively cut in half because there are two countries instead of one, and thr South wasnt self sustaining economically.
It is a Very Good thing the South lost and likely history would be very different and worse for the West if theyd have won.

Its almost time for the annual South thread so Im just gettin warmed up. Ill have all the data and stuff in that annual effort post.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

Its almost time for the annual South thread so Im just gettin warmed up. Ill have all the data and stuff in that annual effort post.

be sure to use the "BAN ME" tag

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

be sure to use the "BAN ME" tag

Why are you a confederate sympathizer?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Why are you so obsessed with something that happened hundreds of years ago? Why do you judge people born in the same region hundreds of years later as if they themselves support slavery?

Seriously, your obsession with the South is not normal.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

well here's a few reasons. I live in the south, the south is not a bad place, we are not living in civil war times (nor should we), william sherman was an animal and not a human being, and your posting is so god awful that any normal minded person that reads your crazy conspiracy theories about the south would either put you on block or become a confederate sympathizer themselves.

also you chug estus in DS3 pvp like a loser and you're bad at overwatch (lmao anyone can reach master rank if they do ranked long enough)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As a whole the internet is probably a bad thing for humanity.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why are you so obsessed with something that happened hundreds of years ago? Why do you judge people born in the same region hundreds of years later as if they themselves support slavery?

Seriously, your obsession with the South is not normal.

Most of my criticisms of the South are political and social in nature, not as if all individual are evil or whatever just because they were born in Mississippi. A lot of the social, political, and even economic ills we have in the US stem from policies that the Southern bloc of states have enacted along with their cultural standards against progressive ideas, I.E. Mississippi JUST ratified the 13th amendment in 2013 :wtc: That poo poo isn't OK or anything to be proud of.

spit on my clit posted:

well here's a few reasons. I live in the south, the south is not a bad place, we are not living in civil war times (nor should we), william sherman was an animal and not a human being, and your posting is so god awful that any normal minded person that reads your crazy conspiracy theories about the south would either put you on block or become a confederate sympathizer themselves.

also you chug estus in DS3 pvp like a loser and you're bad at overwatch (lmao anyone can reach master rank if they do ranked long enough)

Whoa insulting William T Sherman is kind of against the forums rules, man. I won't report you but you gotta be careful with that kind of talk! William Sherman was kind of a dickhead but he did something that likely ought to have been completed more completely and thoroughly in order to Make America Great Again. Total war on a region dedicated to the subjugation of its own people (Black OR White) is cool and good.

Also if you don't chug estus in DS3 pvp then you need to look at your life and choices.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

Whoa insulting William T Sherman is kind of against the forums rules, man. I won't report you but you gotta be careful with that kind of talk! William Sherman was kind of a dickhead but he did something that likely ought to have been completed more completely and thoroughly in order to Make America Great Again. Total war on a region dedicated to the subjugation of its own people (Black OR White) is cool and good.

Also if you don't chug estus in DS3 pvp then you need to look at your life and choices.

"kind of a dickhead" he burnt down most of georgia. he's literally a war criminal. i'd call you retarded but that'd be unfair to the mentally disabled.

chugging estus in DS3 is for bitches.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

"kind of a dickhead" he burnt down most of georgia. he's literally a war criminal. i'd call you retarded but that'd be unfair to the mentally disabled.

chugging estus in DS3 is for bitches.

He spared civilians and didnt mess with them, he just made the CSA unable to effectively wage war. A cool and just and good General.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jastiger posted:

He spared civilians and didnt mess with them, he just made the CSA unable to effectively wage war. A cool and just and good General.

again, remember to use the "BAN ME" tag

doverhog
May 31, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

As a whole the internet is probably a bad thing for humanity.

That makes about as munch sense as saying that, as a whole, developing beyond a hunter gatherer level was probably a bad thing for humanity.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The majority of people who "marched" yesterday and wore their "pussy hats" are going to go back to doing nothing but blogging and tweeting and will not do anything meaningful to prevent something like Trump happening again. It's all about getting that selfie to make sure your online friends know you're "woke" and an "activist", nothing more.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone that marched yesterday but doesnt vote in EVERY upcoming election for the next 10 years (if eligible) is a massive piece of poo poo and just as bad as Trump supporters. Ive told all my friends this to my face and im dead serious. The marchers are right, but if you dont vote on it when you can, then you're useless.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jastiger posted:

Anyone that marched yesterday but doesnt vote in EVERY upcoming election for the next 10 years (if eligible) is a massive piece of poo poo and just as bad as Trump supporters. Ive told all my friends this to my face and im dead serious. The marchers are right, but if you dont vote on it when you can, then you're useless.

What are YOU going to do, Jastiger, besides masturbating to Lena "Left's Greatest Enemy" Dunham and whining about Jefferson Davis.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

What are YOU going to do, Jastiger, besides masturbating to Lena "Left's Greatest Enemy" Dunham and whining about Jefferson Davis.

Isn't it obvious? Continue alienating everyone that might otherwise agree with him by insulting their heritage and intelligence just because they have a certain accent.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
He's going to vote and whine on the internet. It's fool proof and will completely work!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jastiger posted:

Are you implying disenfranchisement is the voter's fault? Or that literal voter discrimination is the voter's fault?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jastiger posted:

If the South had won or if the civil war hadn't happened, the US (or the South) would have been in no position to go to war overseas. Or exist, probably.