Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Yo, but seriously Biden/Duckworth 2020. Or Duckworth/Biden. Whichever works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hope Trump's potential new press sec is the Iraqi Information Minister

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

at this point with bidens age im gonna say duckworth/franken

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Trump is so much of a dead ringer for every lovely middle management rear end in a top hat in existence that I have absolutely no problem believing the press secretary was told to say exactly what he said and then gets sacked for saying it when it turned out to be a childish tantrum and Trump didn't want to take the blame for it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

at this point with bidens age im gonna say duckworth/franken

Oooh that's the good stuff!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Trump is so much of a dead ringer for every lovely middle management rear end in a top hat in existence that I have absolutely no problem believing the press secretary was told to say exactly what he said and then gets sacked for saying it when it turned out to be a childish tantrum and Trump didn't want to take the blame for it.

Bingo.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/822959726795309058

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Whatever happened to the crazy-eyed spokeswoman of Trump that was already on board with the campaign before Conway/Bannon?
I figured her type of weaponized crazy would catch a decent position in his administration/team.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Look at all the mad replies
https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/822872901745569793

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why people are responding to those trolls with anything beside, "They're good dogs, Brent" is beyond me

Edit: Zeris did you give me this av and text?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Whatever happened to the crazy-eyed spokeswoman of Trump that was already on board with the campaign before Conway/Bannon?
I figured her type of weaponized crazy would catch a decent position in his administration/team.

If you mean Hope Hicks, she's "White House Director of Strategic Communications." She was the quiet one who wouldn't answer anything and she's been with Trump since the very, very start.

If you mean Katrina Pierson, she just pops up on CNN now and then. I think you mean her, she's batshit insane.

iverson
Apr 25, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Katrina Pierson. She's still spinning for Trump, but with less exposure now that the job's done. She's apparently in DC working and has most recently led some attacks against Paul Ryan's image. I get the sense she'll stay on appearing on 24hr new shows since she's stuck out as the strongest asset of Trump's in that theater.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

Why people are responding to those trolls with anything beside, "They're good dogs, Brent" is beyond me

Edit: Zeris did you give me this av and text?

ALL HAIL OUR NEW OVERLORD

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

SquirrelyPSU posted:

duckworth/franken with biden on standby to take people behind the gym

iverson
Apr 25, 2012
I really like Duckworth for a lot of the stuff I've seen her do but I never got the sense that she was a strong enough orator to be presidential. Can't really think of a time she's garnered a lot of attention without mentioning her physical sacrifice. Would have trouble seeing her do well in a policy debate. But I guess that's out the window now that debates aren't about policy and the term presidential can apply to just about anyone. Still I think Liz Warren would have a better chance based on her track record and quick wit.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Two Finger posted:

your university club ISN'T THE GODDAMNED WHITE HOUSE

I laughed so goddamn hard at this.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
In other news, a man in Lebanon, New Hampshire, confessed to masturbating into a dirty diaper while watching child gymnastics in a church rectory school and then lighting an American flag on fire, which caused the church to go up in flames. He has not yet admitted to police which Something Awful subforum he moderates.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

at the date posted:

In other news, a man in Lebanon, New Hampshire, confessed to masturbating into a dirty diaper while watching child gymnastics in a church rectory school and then lighting an American flag on fire, which caused the church to go up in flames. He has not yet admitted to police which Something Awful subforum he moderates.

:catstare:

Well that certainly is a thing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Churches hire the creepiest loving people.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

at the date posted:

zeris knows how to start a modship right

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I've seen it a lot on twitter worded pretty much exactly like that guy's post, and it's always accounts that have a bunch of racist as gently caress tweets on their page spouting it.

It's like these sorts of people have never heard of abductive reasoning, or decided that the WWII-era Germany was the key factor in classifying people as Nazis.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

iverson posted:

I really like Duckworth for a lot of the stuff I've seen her do but I never got the sense that she was a strong enough orator to be presidential. Can't really think of a time she's garnered a lot of attention without mentioning her physical sacrifice. Would have trouble seeing her do well in a policy debate. But I guess that's out the window now that debates aren't about policy and the term presidential can apply to just about anyone. Still I think Liz Warren would have a better chance based on her track record and quick wit.

I agree. She is great but not a strong enough orator to be presidential. If Trump is still around in 2020 she probably could win because it's just Trump :lol: You don't need to win debates to appeal to potential Trump voters it seems. :v:

But if Trump doesn't last that long and there's a regular GOP candidate then I don't think she's going to be strong in a policy debate, or actually having the skills to lead the US. But between now and then she may work on her skills, or either way make a good VP pick.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
So... Franken/Duckworth?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ahrabik/status/822684898980990980

I guess my small Canadian city even had over 100 women protesting yesterday

Edit: lol

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/822947102506500098

Then he claims he got red paint thrown on him but doesn't have any pictures

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 22, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Kuroyama posted:

It's like these sorts of people have never heard of abductive reasoning, or decided that the WWII-era Germany was the key factor in classifying people as Nazis.

Haha yeah, what kind of loser sorts of people haven't heard of abductive reasoning.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Syncopated posted:

Haha yeah, what kind of loser sorts of people haven't heard of abductive reasoning.

It's a form of Helsinki Syndrome.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/index.html

Just posting for the headline.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/823151124815507460

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/tv/news/donald-trump-inauguration-ratings-30-6-million-obama-1201966171/amp/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Off to some bold leadership, crowing about TV ratings. Finally a POTUS who cares about the things I find important.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LingcodKilla posted:

Off to some bold leadership, crowing about TV ratings. Finally a POTUS who cares about the things I find important.

The funny thing, if he hadn't had a tantrum about attendance and ratings of his inauguration that story would have died off inside a week.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Flikken posted:

The funny thing, if he hadn't had a tantrum about attendance and ratings of his inauguration that story would have died off inside a week.

The funny thing is he will do something else stupid in the next few days that will cause that story to die off inside a week.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hannibal Rex posted:

It's a form of Helsinki Syndrome.

This is a much better (but still not very good) example of abduction than the nazi ad hom.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Redeye Flight posted:

So... Franken/Duckworth?

Franken has got way too much dirt on him imo. Though from what we all just witnessed that may not matter (It does matter though if it's not a GOP candidate with the dirt because they are more powerful in the media)
The dream team would be Biden/Duckworth, but I doubt Biden will be back and if not Biden then Warren, but I doubt an all female Warren/Duckworth ticket will fly with the people they need to win from Trump/GOP (ie middle lower class males)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 22, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TBeats posted:

The funny thing is he will do something else stupid in the next few days that will cause that story to die off inside a week.

Yeah, but mark my words, he will bring up the inauguration crowds again at some future press briefing or speech without prompting.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fo3 posted:

Franken has got way too much dirt on him imo.

Such as?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Flikken posted:

I think it's probably just to distract from the protests yesterday as well as the lawsuits already filed against him to have his OGE investigation released through FOIA.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Attendance at the Women's March was WAY bigger than the inauguration.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/22/us/politics/100000004886652.mobile.html?_r=0

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/823174199036542980

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Has he not taken over @POTUS yet?

• Locked thread