Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alder posted:

I hope they tell us why Geralt was teleported into Japan and how he became a samurai in the full release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's one class of flying enemy in GR2 that you will NOT be able to gravity kick unless you start it at near point blank range, could that be it?

edit: There's a powerup you get later that adds a teleport to the gravity kick that allows you to fight them normally.

I'm just salty about that beefed up boss in one of the planes that I heard about in the announcements. So many instances of grav kick deciding to aim for weak spots that I did not have line of sight to and missing because of it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Until Dawn is loving awesome. I don't think I've played any other game with a story that makes you really question what's going on with stuff you had taken for certain that happened earlier in the game. Plenty of games have plot twists but he meta way in which you get clues and the game calls out any time you made a choice that effects stuff does a great job of making you question how stuff may have been. It's also very impressive how much reference to and reverence for slasher movies it has without falling into self parody at any point. I hope these people get to make another game like this, not even necessarily an ode to slasher flicks or whatever but just another interactive movie kind of game with this level of complexity to its storytelling. Like someone finally got Heavy Rain right.

Also I'm sure people have said this in this thread but it's a fantastic party/play with your significant other game because everyone is constantly going to have a different idea of what's going on and what choices to make and stuff.

The game also does something a lot of my favorite action and horror movies do in that after its opening very little happens for a long time, and then after a certain point poo poo hits the fan in an extreme way and does not stop until the story is over.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 22, 2017

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I'm not super deep into GR2 yet, but I feel like it feels way better to play than the first one did. I specifically like how smoothly you can weave in between your powers (landing with a slide is a joy.)

I'm still not entirely used to the way the gravity slide works in this game yet, but I'll work it out. It's mostly just a matter of figuring out why it doesn't always start right away.

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm just salty about that beefed up boss in one of the planes that I heard about in the announcements. So many instances of grav kick deciding to aim for weak spots that I did not have line of sight to and missing because of it.

The flying one? I just threw poo poo at it until it died. It worked out pretty alright, even though it took longer than I'd have liked.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah you don't wanna get close to those guys. Use the stasis field and dodge his ranged attacks.

Combat actually feels awesome in this game because you can chain together all your tools and never stop moving. Unlike the first one it no longer feels like an obstacle to get past to get to the good parts.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How are the online treasure hunts supposed to work in GR2? I found the spot, it's beeping fast. Now what do I do?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

How are the online treasure hunts supposed to work in GR2? I found the spot, it's beeping fast. Now what do I do?

There's an actual treasure chest. The picture is to guide you to the area and the beeping speeds up as you near the chest. You gotta find it and open it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Regy Rusty posted:

There's an actual treasure chest. The picture is to guide you to the area and the beeping speeds up as you near the chest. You gotta find it and open it.
If it's a bullshit picture that is interfering with you finding the treasure chest it's the person who took the picture's loss, since no one will ever find it and they won't get a reward.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

If it's a bullshit picture that is interfering with you finding the treasure chest it's the person who took the picture's loss, since no one will ever find it and they won't get a reward.

Yeah I've just not been bothering with ones that have lovely pictures. There was one near the Banga that was just a super zoomed in shot of a railing. Real helpful

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah. I thought I was supposed to replicate the picture. I was standing on the treasure chest trying to take it lol.

It was the first one I tried and the person managed to not include the chest in the picture.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Ah. I thought I was supposed to replicate the picture. I was standing on the treasure chest trying to take it lol.

It was the first one I tried and the person managed to not include the chest in the picture.
No, your goal is to take a picture that will be easy for other people to find the chest. And to have fun with costumes and poses and stuff because that's the standing rule for the whole game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How do you use the poses and stuff? It goes into first person in camera mode

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

How do you use the poses and stuff? It goes into first person in camera mode

L1 brings out the tripod so you can be in the shot. Then down on the dpad brings up gestures

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just got to the fake Burning Man in Watch Dogs 2, how far am I in the game

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Neat, just found the $5 flash sale on ps stuff. Grabbed that sword game, the spiderman game for the ps3, and that memory game.

Thought about the emily wants to play game, but it has creepy loving dolls and that's an entire game filled with NOPE.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just got to the fake Burning Man in Watch Dogs 2, how far am I in the game

Around 1/3rd

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Thought about the emily wants to play game, but it has creepy loving dolls and that's an entire game filled with NOPE.

It's an awful awful 'game' anyway so don't worry about it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Neo Rasa posted:

Until Dawn is loving awesome.

It's crazy how much better it is than every other game like this that I've played.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not written by David Cage and having a budget unlike Telltale helps.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Cyron posted:

is the pro wroth it? i am planing to get a ps4 for my birthday, should i just spend the extra $100 for the future proof even i don't have a 4k TV?

See OP

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I never got that year in review email :smith:

Pretty sure you gotta sign up for their promotional/newsletter thing

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

See OP

Pretty sure you gotta sign up for their promotional/newsletter thing

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but where do you do that? I'm already opted in to the Sony marketing communications or whatever in the notification preferences on the store.

also with all the remasters and stuff coming out these days, where's the SSX trilogy one? I went back and played some SSX3 tonight and there's a game that would look absolutely stunning with pretty much no changes to game mechanics needed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

morallyobjected posted:

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but where do you do that? I'm already opted in to the Sony marketing communications or whatever in the notification preferences on the store.

also with all the remasters and stuff coming out these days, where's the SSX trilogy one? I went back and played some SSX3 tonight and there's a game that would look absolutely stunning with pretty much no changes to game mechanics needed.

I'd love SSX 1, tricky or 3 on PS4 as a port, but there's only a small few games ported. It takes time and work, and there's licensing issues. No EA published games have yet been ported from ps2 to ps4, mostly Sony first party games but a few other publishers have agreed. But there's tooons of ps2 games and few have so far.

As for remasters, those take time and money and also have licensing issues, and EA would rather just crank out new SSX games instead. They've mishandled the series since 3 though so its probably gonna be awhile before we get another, although the 360 one was decent.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I'd love SSX 1, tricky or 3 on PS4 as a port, but there's only a small few games ported. It takes time and work, and there's licensing issues. No EA published games have yet been ported from ps2 to ps4, mostly Sony first party games but a few other publishers have agreed. But there's tooons of ps2 games and few have so far.

As for remasters, those take time and money and also have licensing issues, and EA would rather just crank out new SSX games instead. They've mishandled the series since 3 though so its probably gonna be awhile before we get another, although the 360 one was decent.

that SSX was great and I loved that you could literally wingsuit down some of the tracks in like 12 seconds.

nothing quite compares to that big mountain and the continuity of tracks in SSX3 though. *sigh*

e: it just kills me that of all things Crash Bandicoot is getting a remake (which, by the trailer I've seen, looks and plays much worse than the original) since Activision apparently has money to burn and doesn't give a gently caress, while other games are doomed to toil in obscurity forever.

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 22, 2017

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Alder posted:

At least you're not alone as I died right after the tutorial :v:

I hope they tell us why Geralt was teleported into Japan and how he became a samurai in the full release.

Seriously. He even uses the three-stance-technique from the first Witcher!

He can't swim though :doh:

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 22, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

morallyobjected posted:

that SSX was great and I loved that you could literally wingsuit down some of the tracks in like 12 seconds.

nothing quite compares to that big mountain and the continuity of tracks in SSX3 though. *sigh*

e: it just kills me that of all things Crash Bandicoot is getting a remake (which, by the trailer I've seen, looks and plays much worse than the original) since Activision apparently has money to burn and doesn't give a gently caress, while other games are doomed to toil in obscurity forever.

ah yes of all things one of the best platformers of all time is getting a remake, such injustice in the world

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Goons have a weird hate boner versus Crash Bandicoot. Crash 1 is the weakest, but man, does it get good

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Is there any carryover for downloadable games between the PS3 and PS4? I've been thinking about buying the PS4 Pro, but I realize I still have Yakuza 5 and a handful of PSN games I haven't finished yet. I don't intend on selling my PS3, but I was curious if any of the downloadable titles would be accessible on the PS4. I know something like Yakuza 5 wouldn't work, but I thought maybe the PS1/PS2 Classics would be available, along with some of the PSN titles.

Additionally, in the OP, it says that some games actually run worse with the Pro. Is there a reason for that, and are the performance hits that bad?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Max Wilco posted:

Is there any carryover for downloadable games between the PS3 and PS4? I've been thinking about buying the PS4 Pro, but I realize I still have Yakuza 5 and a handful of PSN games I haven't finished yet. I don't intend on selling my PS3, but I was curious if any of the downloadable titles would be accessible on the PS4. I know something like Yakuza 5 wouldn't work, but I thought maybe the PS1/PS2 Classics would be available, along with some of the PSN titles.
There is no software compatibility between the PS3 and PS4.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
how come no yakuza 0 in aus psn store? or am i lost?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

how come no yakuza 0 in aus psn store? or am i lost?

It's not out yet and for what ever reason there's no digital pre-order, that's all.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
ugh why do i have to replay the train climbing part from the beginning of the game in uncharted 2

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It feels a bit faster on the second time

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I got sent Yakuza 0 early for whatever reason. Fun game. I just kind of wish you could switch between styles easier mid-combo. I do like how you can basically level up by gambling though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I got sent Yakuza 0 early for whatever reason. Fun game. I just kind of wish you could switch between styles easier mid-combo. I do like how you can basically level up by gambling though.
Switching styles mid combo is an ability you get later.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

How are the load times on that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Adaptabullshit posted:

It feels a bit faster on the second time

It skips a good stretch of it by having the camera pass over the outside of the train car and rejoining Nate as he's emerging from it.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Switching styles mid combo is an ability you get later.

Oh awesome.

Adaptabullshit posted:

How are the load times on that?

A fair bit of a load at the start, not so bad later on. But I have a Pro but don't have an SSD so I don't know how non-Pros will handle it. I'm kind of surprised that I didn't get an installation screen, I guess that's only for the Japanese PS3 version?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What kind of gameplay loop is Yakuza 0? Everyone is singing it's praises so I want to take notice but I've never played one (or Shenmue, if that's an analogue.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

What kind of gameplay loop is Yakuza 0? Everyone is singing it's praises so I want to take notice but I've never played one (or Shenmue, if that's an analogue.)

It's sorta like Sleeping Dogs in its combat and random mobs attacking you walking down the street.