Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Oh, god. Is it something bad? I just meant he was handsome.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sillybones posted:

Oh, god. Is it something bad? I just meant he was handsome.

:negative:

No, he's a good guy. That's an Iraqi government production.

These are the dudes laying the smack down on ISIS and a few other groups over there.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

When it takes you 13+ seconds to walk about 6ft around a small table, theres a problem.

Seriously, my coffee table is about the same dimensions as theirs and at the moment is surrounded by a load of work files and paperwork so I have to do the same 'sideways shuffle' to get around it without 'godzilla stomping' it all, but I still manage it in under 5 seconds without effort.

gently caress, I could walk around an entire loving snooker table faster than he walked around that table, and still have enough time to line up a shot in less than 13 seconds. :shrug:

E; timed from the moment the clip starts, to the moment where he sits down, 13.18 seconds.

Nice breakdown of a dude walking around a coffee table. You even have expertise to throw into your breakdown, as evidenced by your ability to reference a time you walked around a coffee table. You should consider a job as a sports analyst, you'd do a great job :allears:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hey guys that's a real fat man, haha

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

needs Derek peaking through the window

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ironic

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
dontcha think

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Oh you mean you had a G3/G4 Mac? Those weren't all bad, Performa Macs were the literal poo poo

I can't even remember the model numbers now, but there was a Performa which could be upgraded to a Power Mac 6?00 via a mobo swap. I read about this on Wikipedia, grabbed said Performa and board off Ebay for basically nothing, and then installed NetBSD on it. I think I set it up as a listserv, via an AAUI-to-RJ45 adapter.

True story, hell yeah.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

needs Derek peaking through the window

HAHA COMEDY GOLD MY MAN

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

dontcha think

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

HAHA COMEDY GOLD MY MAN

Fyad's mad their other gay dead comedy forum is gone. :(

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im obsessed with a video game i claim to hate

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm not here for the game. I'm here for the drama of hubris and pathetic management. The Cultists having no clue, that's pretty funny as well.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Congrats, I guess? No one else here has ever claimed to hate this game AFAIK.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There isn't even a game to hate.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

gwarlaugh.gifv

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i care about what other people do too much

This is the thread for you, my friend.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Darkman Fanpage posted:

That seems to be the least of your problems.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
let's keep quoting fyad

that'll teach em

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

nawledgelambo posted:

let's keep quoting fyad

that'll teach em

Where'd you get that av?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

While I like your poo poo posting, you are wrong on that statement, 2.6 did included Star Marine which was new gameplay.

Just had to say.

Star Marine isn't part of the PU. It's just a game mode.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

I've seen a video where the two girls share a really full Star Citizen cup, so this must be true.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

nawledgelambo posted:

let's keep quoting fyad

that'll teach em

but tane is ironc, that makes it funny

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

his nibs posted:

The Bell of Big Ben

FYI, Big Ben is the bell, the tower is called Elizabeth Tower.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Stop doxxing me

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ayn Marx posted:

Stop doxxing me

You're doing the lords work, son.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wow so did arf really leave his bat signal on all night just because space toaster said a mean thing?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a little confused about something. Hasn't EVE been doing - since like 2001 - the things that Star Citizen proponents say are "things nobody has ever done before?" I mean, sure there isn't first person cockpit flying of your ships, but you're in a huge persistent universe where people live actual lives. You can do anything in EVE. The sky's the limit in EVE. Aaaaaand it's generally criticised for being directionless and boring as poo poo unless you interact with others and join an organisation. And even then you might get stuck as an accountant, factoryworker, long-distance spacetrucker or pizza delivery boy. I can't figure out why people think Star Citizen will make all of that more interesting and exciting than EVE does.

Like there was someone's fantasy story from a while back, imagining themselves and their crew kicking back in the hold of their ship playing cards while someone goes out and does business on the station they're docked at. Why the gently caress do people think that milling around the inside of a ship for such a long time that they'll have time to sit and play cards in their videogame is something multiple people are going to actually want to do?

People with literally no lives outside of videogames is the answer, I guess.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-5qG3g0WFg

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Mu77ley posted:

FYI, Big Ben is the bell, the tower is called Elizabeth Tower.

:wink:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Black Pants posted:

I'm a little confused about something. Hasn't EVE been doing - since like 2001 - the things that Star Citizen proponents say are "things nobody has ever done before?" I mean, sure there isn't first person cockpit flying of your ships, but you're in a huge persistent universe where people live actual lives. You can do anything in EVE. The sky's the limit in EVE. Aaaaaand it's generally criticised for being directionless and boring as poo poo unless you interact with others and join an organisation. And even then you might get stuck as an accountant, factoryworker, long-distance spacetrucker or pizza delivery boy. I can't figure out why people think Star Citizen will make all of that more interesting and exciting than EVE does.

Like there was someone's fantasy story from a while back, imagining themselves and their crew kicking back in the hold of their ship playing cards while someone goes out and does business on the station they're docked at. Why the gently caress do people think that milling around the inside of a ship for such a long time that they'll have time to sit and play cards in their videogame is something multiple people are going to actually want to do?

People with literally no lives outside of videogames is the answer, I guess.

Pretty much everything Chris Roberts has done is an amalgamation of other people's ideas. All the settings and stories pretty much boil down to "World War 2 in space" which, although a trope that you see in things like Star Wars as well, in Chris' vision lacks even the slightest hints of creativity. Even the races in SC are just WW2 nations and races from earth with all the clichés baked in.

Technology wise it's more of the same - he's seen cool ideas in other people's games and basically just said "I want that" to every single one of them. The "ground breaking" part is the fact that nobody has tried to take every cool sounding idea from every game ever and put them into the same game. Because it's loving dumb.

Credit where credit's due though, I think that their physics grid technology (where every ship has its own concept of "down" when you're inside it for FPS movement, basically) is unique to this game. And it's very impressive technology.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Xaerael posted:

... I owned an Ngage. I concede to your point. :(

An N-Gage was my first ever cellphone. The N-Gage QD was my second. Both end up getting stolen, so...

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
:discourse:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

toanoradian posted:

An N-Gage was my first ever cellphone. The N-Gage QD was my second. Both end up getting stolen, so...

I don't know whether to say I'm sorry or to congratulate you.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Anyone still got the 'real consequences of piracy' post somewhere?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Chalks posted:

Credit where credit's due though, I think that their physics grid technology (where every ship has its own concept of "down" when you're inside it for FPS movement, basically) is unique to this game. And it's very impressive technology.

Space Engineers does this already.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Astroniomix posted:

Space Engineers does this already.

Well poo poo. And that's not even a particularly high budget or impressive game either.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Anyone still got the 'real consequences of piracy' post somewhere?

From the OP of the SC Drama catalog thread

Sickening, heartbreaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"rape was simply part of the deal" not getting enough love imo