Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's ok. Nobody knows what they're doing right now. Owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Shredder posted:

The dev said that's where you get the 400 crystals, I can't find where to get them

This is the boat I'm in. I keep hearing about a training room mission, but I've got nothing. Is it something further into chapter 2?

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
I know what I am doing!

*goes back to playing doom*

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013
I made summoner rogue and my rotation is press 4 buttons once every 30 seconds and hold down left mouse until the screen is dead.

Also, my Nefarious Mask of Doom artifact refuses to let me bless it via transfer or enchanter just giving me the error, "crafting failed: output item could not be generated".

dblankenship81 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 22, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Schwack posted:

This is the boat I'm in. I keep hearing about a training room mission, but I've got nothing. Is it something further into chapter 2?

according to a gaz man this is what is supposed to happen:

quote:

I am confirming that. After new accounts go through New York, the Raft, and get moved to the Shield Training Room... chat with Maria Hill for the 400 Eternity Splinters.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jujojoh posted:

Man I honestly don't know if I can go back into the game. Too many things to relearn. Too casual for that bullshit. Gonna go back to playing Nioh demo and get owned

Nioh gonna be so good :stoked:

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Well now I have to use that smilie all the time.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's ok. Nobody knows what they're doing right now. Owns.
plz refrain from posting in threads for games you do not play

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cams posted:

plz refrain from posting in threads for games you do not play

I am a very active player as I play at least once per year. That is more than 75% of the playerbase. Please put some respect on my name.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am a very active player as I play at least once per year. That is more than 75% of the playerbase. Please put some respect on my name.
k see you in 11 months

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The greatest trick ICR ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

i disagree

seriously, this game was a trivial slog with zero actual difficulty for a very long time. the best characters were ALWAYS the ones who do the most damage because survivability was trivial.

i made my right click on iron fist good fortune kick despite not using either of the stances associated with it because it dashes to enemies and is on a very short cooldown, giving me more mobility and versatility. it is good design to have ways of increasing effectiveness beyond "more bigger numbers."

been enjoying the hell out of the game since i've been playing it again and a large part of that is actually having to micro in a lot of situations. i like having more expected of me than just standing near enemies and mashing my rotation over and over again regardless of what is happening around me.

I'm not saying that an active choice for survival is bad, I'm saying that choices in talents that are "more damage or survival" are bad because people are always going to either be so casual they don't give a gently caress and just pick the one with the coolest name, or will min-max aka read some websites and be told what to pick

And even then, not even talent-wise, active skill-wise: it's just odd. SW has 3 powerful survival skills that become even more powerful with talents, while there are characters with zero extra survival skills or talents.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I'm enjoying getting back into this, but ffffuck my graphics card does not seem to play nice with Gaz's clusterfuck of code. Has anybody run into problems with Nvidia cards (specifically GTX 660)? I've tried clocking up, I've tried clocking down, I've tried increasing the power limit while clocking down... :shrug:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Run the graphics at high. No I am not joking. Turn off ambient occlusion, depth of field and motion blur (and anti aliasing if you can take it). Make sure you're drivers are up to date. What's your OS? Running it with DX10 or 11 improves performance immensely.

Just so you know, I'm running this game on like, a Radeon HD 6450 with not that many problems.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Run the graphics at high. No I am not joking. Turn off ambient occlusion, depth of field and motion blur (and anti aliasing if you can take it). Make sure you're drivers are up to date. What's your OS? Running it with DX10 or 11 improves performance immensely.

Win 8.1 (I know, I know...), latest drivers. But thanks for these; I'll try them out and report back. I strongly suspect it's something like "one particular setting that this particular combination of card+driver+software chokes on" - my system can handle some pretty taxing games 100% of the time, no crashes, and other games are just nightmares to get working. (I tried downclocking first because, for whatever reason, Shadow of Mordor went from unplayable to perfectly fine after I tweaked Core Clock and Memory Clock down like 5% each. :iiam:)

Edit: Oh poo poo yeah, that's already made a huge difference.
Edit2: Crap, spoke too soon. :sigh:

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 22, 2017

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Everytime I try to get back into this I stare at my inventory and stash that are filled with heaps of event items and boxes and boosts and fragments that I have no idea what to do with and bounce back off. They need to have an inventory cleaner for expired items and a sort function.

Also I have some eternity splinters saved up (I think) and looked through the store, but didn't find the random hero box? Is that gone, can you only buy specific heroes now?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Oenis posted:

Everytime I try to get back into this I stare at my inventory and stash that are filled with heaps of event items and boxes and boosts and fragments that I have no idea what to do with and bounce back off. They need to have an inventory cleaner for expired items and a sort function.

Also I have some eternity splinters saved up (I think) and looked through the store, but didn't find the random hero box? Is that gone, can you only buy specific heroes now?

You can still buy them from adam warlock or the other eternity splinter vendors.

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013
Not sure if anyone's tried thing yet but wow is he strong. He was my very first 60 and has basically sat collecting dust since.

100% uptime on 75% less damage with 50% uptime to reflect all projectiles and solid aoe and solo damage makes for fun times.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

It's going to take a little while to figure out who is good, who is garbage, and who becomes good with another 600+ infinity points.

At least we can figure out who plays well right now

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

What's the story with Blessings? I noticed they have labels now. Do two of the same type not stack? So all my quadruple Helas are only worth one?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Celebrity Ghost posted:

What's the story with Blessings? I noticed they have labels now. Do two of the same type not stack? So all my quadruple Helas are only worth one?

They stack, but they're not as useful stacked now because they grant ratings instead of flat bonuses. There are three types - Offensive, Defensive and Utility - and then there's Blessing of Odin that gives you a major buff if you use one of each type. So instead of 4 Helas for 20% brutal, you'll have one Hela, one Odin, and a Defensive and Utility on the other two to complete the set.

I haven't checked if it's still there, but there was a recipe to swap existing Blessings for free.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

So I made another account to see what the gently caress was going on with the splinters. If you played before the patch dropped, it didn't dump you into the training room mission after the raft where you get the 400 splinters, so you're probably hosed.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Fun List so far:
Moon Knight
Rogue
Hulk
Thing
Human Torch

Okay Sure I Guess list:
Nova
Taskmaster

Sad! list:
Green Goblin
Spider-Man

Ignore list:
cams

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Sad! list:
Green Goblin

actually I worked on my gobby last night and he's pretty great, at least for his glider build (machine gun spender)

Nitrous Boost while wearing some power duration is a massive speed boost, nothing can hit you while you dance around

Also having a true brutal chance of 66% on 7 of your 8 skills (including sig) with 840% brutal damage is.... pretty brutal

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

actually I worked on my gobby last night and he's pretty great, at least for his glider build (machine gun spender)

Nitrous Boost while wearing some power duration is a massive speed boost, nothing can hit you while you dance around

Also having a true brutal chance of 66% on 7 of your 8 skills (including sig) with 840% brutal damage is.... pretty brutal
But I hate machine gun so much :/

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for anyone else prestiging a bunch of characters, the quest artifacts are high item grade with a level 18 req, so you can get a full blessing bonus with them at 18. not a huge boost but decent enough that it'll make 18-30ish go even faster than it does.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Jedit posted:

They stack, but they're not as useful stacked now because they grant ratings instead of flat bonuses. There are three types - Offensive, Defensive and Utility - and then there's Blessing of Odin that gives you a major buff if you use one of each type. So instead of 4 Helas for 20% brutal, you'll have one Hela, one Odin, and a Defensive and Utility on the other two to complete the set.

I haven't checked if it's still there, but there was a recipe to swap existing Blessings for free.

Cool, I saw that exchange recipe but I didn't know what I should be doing with it. I guess that's a more elegant solution but it's so weird having only like 25% brutal hit rating now.

Messed around with some more characters and Juggernaut seems to have gotten out of this pretty much the same. It's weird not constantly holding down my Stride button for little ticks of Momentum, and Lariat feels like it needs maybe one more charge because I get these moments where everything is cooling down. On the other hand, permanent Unstoppable Charge is straight from heaven. It's all I ever wanted out of him: to run around like an out of control bus.

She Hulk seems to be in good shape too, at least design-wise. She got Anger instead of spirit and her talents let you decide how fiddly or simple you want her to play.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cams posted:

for anyone else prestiging a bunch of characters, the quest artifacts are high item grade with a level 18 req, so you can get a full blessing bonus with them at 18. not a huge boost but decent enough that it'll make 18-30ish go even faster than it does.

Visual artis are level 1

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Visual artis are level 1
but also item grade 1, so you get the lowest possible boost from blessings

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Did they remove all sidequests and story boxes giving splinters?

e: guess "bosses" drop splinters now instead? still seems like theres fewer sources now. :(

netcat fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 22, 2017

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
Can I get an invite to Groot Force? I am Ziltmaru ingame.

Dunno if I will stick around as long as I did the first time around, but if I'm in then I'm all in.

So far a third of everything I try is broken, gaz being gaz. Juggernaut is still cool. Unlimited sig!

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nioh gonna be so good :stoked:

Its true. Nioh plays like a legit real game

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
Oh my god I am terrified to launch. WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saint Freak posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing but I will be the most durable so help me god

For those of you with 40+ in your primaries, are you getting these primarily from Infinity points, or am I missing something entirely, because my stuff is basically in the high teens and my DPS/survivability seem anemic in cosmics.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

For those of you with 40+ in your primaries, are you getting these primarily from Infinity points, or am I missing something entirely, because my stuff is basically in the high teens and my DPS/survivability seem anemic in cosmics.

There are a lot of any hero uniques with stat bonuses out the rear end. Specially for Dura/Str.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nice

does anyone know of any broken/malfunctioning talents on people other than x23, storm, and invisimom? i'd imagine there are some more and i'd like to keep track

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

malhavok posted:

There are a lot of any hero uniques with stat bonuses out the rear end. Specially for Dura/Str.
And Durability in particular got some weirdness with stat bonuses on artifacts because of the no-it-totally-exists item budget interacting interestingly with "and some characters get damage from this defensive stat."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

malhavok posted:

Yeah - a lot of All Heroes that were a lovely option because they only had +1 to skills are now beefy as gently caress because they had stats on them as well and that +skills is now also stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also at this point you're getting at most +6 to a stat from infinity, coming in from capped omegas. And on a lot of heroes you want other stats first.