Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's a tremendous Squires. A very good tribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
does this count as a political cartoon

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Imo the Torygraph one was better with it's talk of UK crushing the EU if Britain doesn't like the deal. Certainly cartoonish enough.

e: might have been the express or something, can't find it on the page

also: "Theresa May stands on the bits of Dover cliffs they tell you not to step on just to have a tantrum at the EU, a good cartoon"

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 18, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

theresa may is one wrong gust of wind away from drowning in the gulf between the UK and the EU, a good etc etc

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Angepain posted:

does this count as a political cartoon

Aww, they finally let Mac use all the crayons.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on a UK-US trade deal – Former White House ethics experts have warned that Donald Trump could exploit a new trade deal with the UK to boost his private tourism businesses in Scotland"

Telegraph:

Giant alligator caught on film in Florida

Independent:

Times:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian Australian Sport:

I'm the poster in the last panel.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on May, Trump and leadership – During a bad-tempered prime minister’s questions, Jeremy Corbyn repeatedly questioned May over the EU exit plan she set out in a speech on Tuesday. May responded by insisting she aimed to negotiate a strong deal and accusing Corbyn of having no vision of his own"

Telegraph:

No 10 defends Boris Johnson over 'Brexit punishment beatings' quip

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Remoaners and La La Land

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oh, gently caress OFF MAC

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It doesn't even work. People arguing for the status quo can't really be said to be in la la land. :shrug:

It's as if he thinks it refers to people putting their fingers in their ears and going, 'la la la la', but it doesn't.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It doesn't even work. People arguing for the status quo can't really be said to be in la la land. :shrug:

It's as if he thinks it refers to people putting their fingers in their ears and going, 'la la la la', but it doesn't.

I don't think you understand how these people think. The EU is to blame for every woe you can put a name to. We'd still be great Britain without it and we need to get out right now to save ourselves from drowning in forrins and then getting fined posthumously for drowning because of barmy Brussells and its bonkers rules.

Them bremoaners are just brainwashed by all them poofters in the loony lefty BBC and they'll soon see how wrong they are.

crispix fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 20, 2017

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I think Tolkien once said the most beautiful collection of phonemes in the English language was "cellar door", but obviously he had never heard "Bremoaner"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the inauguration of Donald Trump – Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the US on Friday and faces immediate pressure to deliver an inaugural address that can start to heal a divided nation"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Who is Spud? Looks like it could be Assange but that wouldn't make much sense in context. Oh wait, is that David Davis? Huh. I don't think I ever imagined him wearing a leather jacket.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

forkboy84 posted:

Who is Spud? Looks like it could be Assange but that wouldn't make much sense in context. Oh wait, is that David Davis? Huh. I don't think I ever imagined him wearing a leather jacket.

I thought it was Assange, and the context is just 'likes Trump'.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the presidential inauguration – President Donald Trump has set out a bleak portrayal of a nation under siege, vowing to end ‘American carnage’ in an inaugural address that fired up his supporters but did little to ease the fears of American liberals or an anxious world"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Colin Campbell Cooper.

The I paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump takes the solemn oath – Chris Riddell on the inauguration of the 45th president of the United States"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hello children, it's that time of the day again where we chant in unison. You all know what to shout!

gently caress BOB

Really, really consistently the worst. Like obviously Mac is terrible but he'll die soon. BoB will be with us for 50 or 60 years. Think about that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bob is somewhat dated slang in parts of the Midlands for human poo poo, or the act of passing one.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Trump is as delusional as Bush in claiming victory at an early stage when he still has a gruelling war ahead of him?

lol if only.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I dunno, I think you lot are over-estimating how postively the Times views the Iraq war.
e: now.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 22, 2017

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
You know why some cartoonists overuse captions to make sure they're getting their point across? Good example of why right there.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
You could also not visually link Obama to Saddam Hussein and thus don't create problems in the first place but that is just me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HJB posted:

You know why some cartoonists overuse captions to make sure they're getting their point across? Good example of why right there.

Because so many of them are utterly poo poo at visual metaphors?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Did the rope have to be around the statue's neck?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Trump is the kind of person who would take part in a lynching.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Do we know that he hasn't

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
yes because there haven't been any news articles about "fat orange man fucks up a lynching by trying to charge $5000 for rope, copy of lovely book"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump’s meeting with Theresa May – Prime minister indicates she will not challenge US president’s sexism when she visits the White House this week"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Michael Fallon and Trident – Defence secretary Michael Fallon refused to reveal details of the Trident malfunction incident – or even confirm that it had taken place"

Telegraph:

Theresa May’s industrial plan signals shift to more state intervention

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...the accusations of a cover-up over Trident

[No caption provided.]

Guardian Sport:

Brit thread bonus: Rowson put a cartoon up on Twitter, and deleted it after a minute. I managed to catch it. Linking due to :nws: here's the link.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is this a reference to something?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I see the idea of the state involving itself in any way with what business does at any point is enough to get the Telegraph to do a 180 on the Theresa-worship

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on...the accusations of a cover-up over Trident

[No caption provided.]

Apparently it's "Godammit, Elmer. Tidy your room. This thing's been here for months!'"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Why does that teenager have the face of a 60 year old woman Mac?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Steve Bell's website:

Bonus! Tribune magazine:

Brexit: Theresa May promises White Paper on EU exit plan

Telegraph:

Brexit: Supreme Court says Parliament must give Article 50 go-ahead

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The judiciary's foray into the political realm

'No M'lud. The first round was from the Lib Dems, then Nicola Sturgeon - this one's from Jeremy Corbyn.'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Times one at least gets the robes right. Get it together Adams.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the Brexit white paper – Theresa May has caved to pressure to publish a formal policy paper setting out her plan for leaving the European Union"

Telegraph:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON...Theresa May's upcoming meeting with President Trump

Guardian Australia Sport:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bob is a sore winner.

If Remain had won by 52% there'd be all that poo poo and more, but coming from the usual suspects and second referendum crowd instead.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
PIERS MORGAN!

ACK

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

why does piers morgan still exist

why do people still listen to him

why is he on the tv

why is piers morgan

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Clarkson didn't punch him hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He phone hacked enough secrets to keep work coming.