Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

And people thought they wouldn't actually do it...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193/text

Jay-sus fookin kroist.

[DAY 3]

The Martian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

To be "fair", that same bill has been introduced multiple times before, without going anywhere.

But with Trump and the republicans fully in power, it has a non-zero chance of passing this time.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
And yet, it was the same damned party that created the pact. lolllllllllllllllll. Good thing my house has loving wheels.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

code:
SEC. 9. REPEAL OF UNITED STATES PARTICIPATION IN THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION.

The joint resolution entitled “Joint Resolution providing for membership and participation by the 
United States in the World Health Organization and authorizing an appropriation therefor”, approved 
June 14, 1948 (22 U.S.C. 290), is repealed.
Can we reintroduce blood letting as well?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KozmoNaut posted:

Jay-sus fookin kroist.

Woooooooooow

Good work USA on electign the stupidest mother fuckers on the planet

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

Jay-sus fookin kroist.

It'll be hilarious how quickly China and Russia will fill our void in the UN if we leave.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CommieGIR posted:

It'll be hilarious how quickly China and Russia will fill our void in the UN if we leave.

According to The Donald China is already filling their void :quagmire:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Hansolio posted:

code:
SEC. 9. REPEAL OF UNITED STATES PARTICIPATION IN THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION.

The joint resolution entitled “Joint Resolution providing for membership and participation by the 
United States in the World Health Organization and authorizing an appropriation therefor”, approved 
June 14, 1948 (22 U.S.C. 290), is repealed.
Can we reintroduce blood letting as well?

That is authentically one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I'd be watching Pence more than the orange herring that is Trump.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

KozmoNaut posted:

Jay-sus fookin kroist.

lmao

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
You're welcome england, no one remembers your little farce known as brexit anymore. In fact I bet if you just play it cool the EU will forget you even brought it up.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Woooooooooow

Good work USA on electign the stupidest mother fuckers on the planet

Hey now, they're not stupid, they just want to present the "alternative facts"

In other news, they've also managed to hook up some jumper cables to George Orwell and create infinite power!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey now, they're not stupid, they just want to present the "alternative facts"

In other news, they've also managed to hook up some jumper cables to George Orwell and create infinite power!

It's more like Huxley's Brave New World.

Huxley and Orwell (as well as other people) debated which of their horror futures was worse or could come about - the true horror is that it turns out neither is mutually exclusive and BOTH are coming true.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

KozmoNaut posted:

Jay-sus fookin kroist.

I'm trying to remain pretty level headed and sensible about the whole thing but the very obvious parallels with 1930s Germany are becoming just a tiny bit alarming at this point.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm trying to remain pretty level headed and sensible about the whole thing but the very obvious parallels with 1930s Germany are becoming just a tiny bit alarming at this point.

Well, at least we have the burning of the Capitol building to look forward to then!

(ATN FBI/CIA/TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: This was what's known as A Joke. Please do not send secret service to me or Lowtax's homes.)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

KozmoNaut posted:

Jay-sus fookin kroist.

What's this do?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Coredump posted:

What's this do?

Withdraws us from the UN and forbids any contribution to UN military/peacekeeping missions, anywhere, for any reason.

That's bad enough, but remember we have a permanent seat on the security council, with veto power. If we leave, we lose that seat, and the veto; even if we came back later and got voted back onto the council as a regular member, we wouldn't have veto, which means we'd effectively have a massive power deficit to the remaining permanent members.

Two of whom are Russia and China.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Also, pulling out of the World Health Organization, because fighting disease tramples on American sovereignty or something.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

StandardVC10 posted:

Also, pulling out of the World Health Organization, because fighting disease tramples on American sovereignty or something.

Republicans are killing the ACA, what makes you think they'd be interested in saving lives of non-americans?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Enourmo posted:

Withdraws us from the UN and forbids any contribution to UN military/peacekeeping missions, anywhere, for any reason.

That's bad enough, but remember we have a permanent seat on the security council, with veto power. If we leave, we lose that seat, and the veto; even if we came back later and got voted back onto the council as a regular member, we wouldn't have veto, which means we'd effectively have a massive power deficit to the remaining permanent members.

Two of whom are Russia and China.

StandardVC10 posted:

Hey guys - stop being so condescending.

Bitter white working class voters' concerns about black helicopter sightings and the WHO are just as legitimate as anyone else's :rolleyes:

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Geoj posted:

Hey guys - stop being so condescending.

Bitter white working class voters' concerns about black helicopter sightings and the WHO are just as legitimate as anyone else's :rolleyes:

What do you have against the WHO they are an amazing rock band and had one of the world's best drummers.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

[DAY 3]

The Martian
No, I think this is more the Stephen Baxter kind of near-future setting i.e. everyone is going to die because humans are rubbish.

kastein posted:

You're welcome england, no one remembers your little farce known as brexit anymore. In fact I bet if you just play it cool the EU will forget you even brought it up.
We wish. At least you get a go at getting Trump out in 4 years.

clam ache posted:

What do you have against the WHO they are an amazing rock band and had one of the world's best drummers.
No, this is the WHO with the doctors. Like Tom Baker.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
"I don't want to die, I just don't want to live" a friend told me last week. Now I wake up every night bathing in sweat from a new variation of "finding out my friend killed herself".

Thanks rear end in a top hat. (I'm kidding but really, I feel so completely powerless here. And yes, shes had professional help on and off the last ten-fifteen years.)

He said to the void that is the internet.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

If you're in the SF bay area, I'm a fan of Patxi's pizza. don't think there are any locations beyond that though.

California has single handedly ruined pizza. You don't know any better because you live there.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

quote:

SEC. 10. REPEAL OF INVOLVEMENT IN UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS AND AGREEMENTS.

Effective on the date of the enactment of this Act, the United States will end any participation in any conventions and agreements with the United Nations and any organ, specialized agency, commission, or other formally affiliated body of the United Nations. Any remaining functions of such conventions and agreements shall not be carried out.

Time for that waterboarding++

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

kastein posted:

Brexit gave a major knock to my British arrogance and superiority complex: how could we be so dumb?

Fortunately, you guys reset the bar to a new low.

InitialDave posted:

We wish. At least you get a go at getting Trump out in 4 years.

Bless you for having the optimism that civilisation will last another 4 years.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

spog posted:

Bless you for having the optimism that civilisation will last another 4 years.

Civilization will last another 4 years, but to be honest I don't think we're getting Trump out then either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ.

One of my customers was fired from his job this week. As he tells it, one of his co-workers was stealing his lunches out of the workplace fridge. So in retaliation he decided to start syphoning the guy's gas tank. Got caught on camera doing it in the parking garage. And he was looking for approval from me today.

Fuckin people.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
sounds like a real smart cookie and no real loss.

fucker shoulda invested in some ghost pepper or flavorless laxatives.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ.

One of my customers was fired from his job this week. As he tells it, one of his co-workers was stealing his lunches out of the workplace fridge. So in retaliation he decided to start syphoning the guy's gas tank. Got caught on camera doing it in the parking garage. And he was looking for approval from me today.

Fuckin people.

Whatever happened to dose your food with laxatives revenge for food stealing?????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Whatever happened to dose your food with laxatives revenge for food stealing?????

cursedshitbox posted:

sounds like a real smart cookie and no real loss.

fucker shoulda invested in some ghost pepper or flavorless laxatives.

For reals, just dose your food or something.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Spent both days this weekend at junkyards. First day I got to walk all 50 acres of a private yard full of classic cars (and two complete Merc wagons just like mine so now I have two parts cars to fall back on). So much stuff that should be on the road or at least in someone's garage. I mean when was last time you saw a complete Studebaker pickup? I wish I had taken pictures but I was in a perpetual cargasm whole time I was there.

This is only photo I took yesterday, and it wasn't even at the cool yard, it was at the neighboring yard.

Today I went to a pick-n-pull by myself and had a blast. Got some stuff for my car and mostly just wandered around. Mocked up some truck mirrors on a Merc in the yard and decided to go with this style:

Unfortunately there wasn't a matching pair in yard today.

Found a cop car that still had its spot light so I snagged that. Not sure if I will put that on my car or not.

Got this off a 66 Beetle. If I keep putting these on my apartment walls it's going to start looking like a junkyard office in here.

Saw this 81 Mercury Lynx EV conversion in the yard. Pretty cool.

Also snagged some misc stuff for coworkers. Was a fun, productive afternoon spent at the nexus of human desperation.

Why isn't there a junkyard thread anyway? Not enough poors to keep it active?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
We call that assault...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

eighty-four merc posted:

Why isn't there a junkyard thread anyway? Not enough poors to keep it active?

Don't know why we don't have one. Went to the yard today in the ice and cold. It was great.

Here's the only picture I took, of the cage arrangement on an old CASCAR Grenada that had probably spent the last several decades in a field:

No engine, but had old-school Gabriel Adjustables that were so rotten it looked like they seized.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 23, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Studebaker pickup? Was one at the last cars and coffee I went to a week ago.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

spog posted:

Fortunately, you guys reset the bar to a new low.

You're welcome, I guess. At least someone can get something out of this.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Urrrgh.... So the AC threads in the archives, because obviously its a frozen wasteland in most of the places you lot live, but downunder its loving horrible at the moment and of COURSE the better halfs AC decides to take a poo poo right about now.

Its a 2007 Nissan Tiida (aka the versa) but with a 1.8 twincam and 6 speed manual. Got a weird failure mode- Turn the AC on with the engine idling, pressures are just about perfect and the AC cools down. Doesnt get as cold as it should for having good pressures but will pump 10 deg C air out on a 35 degree day.

Apply ANY throttle at all and the compressor starts to cut out, then cut back in, but as soon as it kicks back in it jumps to 350-400psi and kicks back out again as the high pressure shutoff does its thing.

Any ideas what the hell is wrong with it? The missus is starting to get a bit over having a car thats hotter inside than it is outside.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Ferremit posted:

Urrrgh.... So the AC threads in the archives, because obviously its a frozen wasteland in most of the places you lot live, but downunder its loving horrible at the moment and of COURSE the better halfs AC decides to take a poo poo right about now.

Its a 2007 Nissan Tiida (aka the versa) but with a 1.8 twincam and 6 speed manual. Got a weird failure mode- Turn the AC on with the engine idling, pressures are just about perfect and the AC cools down. Doesnt get as cold as it should for having good pressures but will pump 10 deg C air out on a 35 degree day.

Apply ANY throttle at all and the compressor starts to cut out, then cut back in, but as soon as it kicks back in it jumps to 350-400psi and kicks back out again as the high pressure shutoff does its thing.

Any ideas what the hell is wrong with it? The missus is starting to get a bit over having a car thats hotter inside than it is outside.

Sounds like it might either have a restriction, or it's not getting enough air across the condenser. What's the low side doing when it fires up with the throttle. And have you made sure all the fans are running while it's on?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Both fans are running when its pulling these shenanigans- The low side does start to pull down like normal, but the high side shoots right up and the compressor kicks out before anything can stabilise.

As soon as you let it go back to idle it kicks back in and runs normally again too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Can't believe Trump is President..

• Locked thread