Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Except for Jughead being there that might as well be Jimmy Olsen talking to Lois Lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

prefect posted:

Jughead's all about hamburgers.

Or is that Wimpy?

It's both.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

The only key operating difference is Jughead won't turn down non-burger options when presented with them.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Wimpy never went by "Captain Thrash."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, Jughead just likes food in general, since he's a perpetually 'starving' teenager. He just likes hamburgers best.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

After all, his dog is named Hot Dog.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SomeMathGuy posted:

The only key operating difference is Jughead won't turn down non-burger options when presented with them.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Wimpy never went by "Captain Thrash."

Wha-? God DAMMIT Veronica pay attention!!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's Darth Vader being snarky with his underlings.

Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire #2

Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire #4

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Wheat Loaf posted:

Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire #4

"Sure thing, Lord Vader, we'll get right on it as soon as we're done with lunch." :smug:

The loving stones on this one. :allears:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 21, 2017

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
That is the attitude of someone who knows he's well outside of Force choke range.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

If Say Nothing posts a panel it's a safe bet that it's an edit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you aren't following the Newspaper Spider-Man thread...

Synthbuttrange posted:

WE'RE GETTING A FULL SUNDAY PAGE OF ROCKET FIGHTING A DOG

...you are missing out!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Somehow Spider-Man ends up getting hit in the head with that garbage can.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

qntm posted:

That is the attitude of someone who knows he's well outside of Force choke range.

Vader could Force Choke people light years away. I'm fairly sure he only had to see someone (even over holo-comunication.)
This doufus just thinks he's outside force choke range.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Question IRL posted:

Vader could Force Choke people light years away. I'm fairly sure he only had to see someone (even over holo-comunication.)
This doufus just thinks he's outside force choke range.

And yet he didn't get force choked. Hmmmm...

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Who What Now posted:

And yet he didn't get force choked. Hmmmm...

Vader is thinking, "I could force choke this guy, but Fett is just gonna blast him anyway..."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kramjacks posted:

Vader is thinking, "I could force choke this guy, but Fett is just gonna blast him anyway..."

Yep.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
drat. Now I want to see Kieron Gillen do a Vader and Boba Fett rear end in a top hat buddy cop mini/series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Boba Fett has some great comics, for some reason. You'd think it'd become insufferable how badass he is, and it totally does in the novels, but in the comics he's consistently been pretty fun to read about as an anti-hero.

gus rules ok
Aug 2, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

Boba Fett has some great comics, for some reason. You'd think it'd become insufferable how badass he is, and it totally does in the novels, but in the comics he's consistently been pretty fun to read about as an anti-hero.

I feel the some reason is John Wagner. Difficult to imagine anyone better at writing a hardman lone wolf bounty hunter in a sci-fi western setting, really.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh no :ohdear:

a bunch more here:

http://themarvelageofcomics.tumblr.com/post/156228488499/in-1978-marvel-and-topps-produced-marvel

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh come one, if they were that strong they'd just all clump together in the box and be a big mess.

Not pictured, the 12 pages where Namor levels the store and probably half the city.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gus rules ok posted:

I feel the some reason is John Wagner. Difficult to imagine anyone better at writing a hardman lone wolf bounty hunter in a sci-fi western setting, really.

He basically wrote Fett as Judge Dredd except he only cares about Money rather than the Law.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Kwyndig posted:

Oh come one, if they were that strong they'd just all clump together in the box and be a big mess.

Not if they all had the same polarity.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm perfectly happy with my B&W volumes of Scott Pilgrim, but this is pretty good.

And, here's Vader using the Force not only to get some coffee

...but also to choke a dude.
:coffeepal:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How does Darth Vader drink coffee? Does his mask have a Go Go Gadget Straw?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do they put blue milk in coffee in the Star Wars universe?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, that scene invalidates anyone's moaning about Vader's dumb dad joke in Rogue One.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a kitten posted:

I'm perfectly happy with my B&W volumes of Scott Pilgrim, but this is pretty good.

Both are funny.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

X-O posted:

Emergency induction port

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Isn't the whole point of Darth Vader's costume is that he got all burned to poo poo? I can't see enjoying a hot coffee if my body is basically just a fleshy mound of burn scarring.

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 23, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vader fell into a river of hot coffee edition

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He doesn't. He hates the taste too. It's to fuel his hatred and thus his power in the Dark Side.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

He doesn't. He hates the taste too. It's to fuel his hatred and thus his power in the Dark Side.

That seems stupid. I'd just leave my breathing helmet on and chill in a pool all day.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

X-O posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRGCZh5A8T4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Endless Mike posted:

Do they put blue milk in coffee in the Star Wars universe?

Vader doesn't. He likes it black.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Leia is not loving around. And with a dry, cool wit like that she could be an action hero. :v:

Gronk
Grunk
Grunk
Gronk

These are all from the original Marvel Star War adaptations from what i can tell.

This isn't Star Wars but it made me laugh.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

X-O posted:

Isn't the whole point of Darth Vader's costume is that he got all burned to poo poo? I can't see enjoying a hot coffee if my body is basically just a fleshy mound of burn scarring.

That actually raises a good question, we know his face is relatively intact from the end of Jedi, so how does he eat? Chilling in a bacta tank all day isn't going to make him not hungry.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He gets food piped in while he's in the tub, and doing out and about stuff it acts like a stillsuit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's got his bubble boy sphere in his room that he chills out in without his helmet. I presume the floor inside that we dont see is stacked with old dishes or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kwyndig posted:

That actually raises a good question, we know his face is relatively intact from the end of Jedi, so how does he eat? Chilling in a bacta tank all day isn't going to make him not hungry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
The answer to all your questions about Vader's suit, and more.