Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

BurritoJustice posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on JK's Skyrim? I have kept my install purely graphics/interface/QoL/sound etc, and I am considering deviating from that for JK's Skyrim because the screenshots look nice and it is very popular. Does it mesh well and not feel out of place?

I fear it will push me off the cliff of getting open cities and having to make compatibility patches for my whole load order too 😅

I really like it myself. A lot of the changes are sorely needed (like smelters in Riften) and it gives the cities more life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BurritoJustice posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on JK's Skyrim? I have kept my install purely graphics/interface/QoL/sound etc, and I am considering deviating from that for JK's Skyrim because the screenshots look nice and it is very popular. Does it mesh well and not feel out of place?

I fear it will push me off the cliff of getting open cities and having to make compatibility patches for my whole load order too 😅

You talking about for SSE right :) :) :) :) :)

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is there a collected version of JK's stuff or are they all individual mods?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Deified Data posted:

There is a combined version for both Oldrim and SSE, I'll link them here when I get home. Oldrim is on Nexus and the SSE version is on my google drive.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Deified Data posted:

It's mostly been in Whiterun and the surroundings.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

scroll down to fw <formid> for force weather, write down a few IDs and make it happen yourself

I believe all the ones suffixed with _A will have auroras at night. Not sure about the other suffixes.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

KakerMix posted:

You talking about for SSE right :) :) :) :) :)

Oldrim, should've been more clear.

What's the word on adding JK's Skyrim to an existing save? I'm guessing at the very least to be in a different internal cell, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was messier than that

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

I have special edition, I'm looking to stream a blind play through, but would like the experience to be awesome to the max.ee Can you recommend some mods for me?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Deified Data posted:

Oldrim

SSE

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

:golfclap:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

uh zip zoom posted:

I have special edition, I'm looking to stream a blind play through, but would like the experience to be awesome to the max.ee Can you recommend some mods for me?

I have been lazy about marking SSE-available mods, but many of the mods in the OP have been converted. You'll have to look them up by name on the SSE Nexus (or, tbh, Google would be better probably) for now, though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I've got a mod rendering certain NPCs essential when they have questlines hinging on them dying - Thonar Silver-Blood's wife in The Forsworn Conspiracy, for example. Anyone have an idea for which one it is? Does Relationship Dialogue Overhaul touch any of that? Amazing Follower Tweaks?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Deified Data posted:

I've got a mod rendering certain NPCs essential when they have questlines hinging on them dying - Thonar Silver-Blood's wife in The Forsworn Conspiracy, for example. Anyone have an idea for which one it is? Does Relationship Dialogue Overhaul touch any of that? Amazing Follower Tweaks?

You running WICO? Windosong's I (guessing ~immersive~) Character Overhaul? Billed as an appearance thing but oh boy wouldn't you know it also happens to touch a bunch of essential flags.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 19, 2017

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

You running WICO? Windosong's I (guessing ~immersive~) Character Overhaul? Billed as an appearance thing but oh boy wouldn't you know it also happens to touch a bunch of essential flags.

lol yup, I bet that's it. Why on earth.

I guess I'll just use Total Character Makeover and deal with the Barbie faces until something better comes out.

e. Nevermind, I forgot how awful that mod was. How is that the top character overhaul for SSE?

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 19, 2017

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 4, 2018

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Do I need to buy the latest edition with all the dlcs to get the game to utilize more ram?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
If you mean Skyrim Special Edition (which includes all DLC content) then yes. Although I don't think original Skyrim hits the 32bit ram limit unless you mod in every 4k texture pack on the nexus.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Was Civil War Overhaul ever ported to SSE before the creator took it down?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

I don't know but I just installed the two war zone mods for this playthrough. Got blown up by a suicide bomber

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

I remember that one being pretty script heavy? Maybe not.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Soonmot posted:

I don't know but I just installed the two war zone mods for this playthrough. Got blown up by a suicide bomber

Shor will grant him 72 jugs of mead in Sovngarde.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nice! I was a bit worried about switching Open Cities out for this in an existing savegame, but that actually worked just fine. I just had to enter a random house in the countryside beforehand and save there before changing the mods around.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Nevets posted:

If you mean Skyrim Special Edition (which includes all DLC content) then yes. Although I don't think original Skyrim hits the 32bit ram limit unless you mod in every 4k texture pack on the nexus.

Oh, then if by not hitting the limit, its pretty inconsequential to have the ram upgraded to 64 bit or whatever?

Also since I only have the base game without the DLCs , I cant install USLEEP, but I can install its predecessor.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/

And lastly, the game has these high res texture packs DLC that give me an interesting tooltip on Mod Manager.
https://gyazo.com/c43f2cb94eecd92d9c45d005e8153aa2

So I should uncheck those 3 texture pack DLC boxes there, because they are already checked in the archive tab and that changes..? I am using Real Vision ESB if that matters.

P.S. Mod Manager is picking up mods I installed with the subscribe button from steam workshop. Will they be activated?

LolitaSama fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 20, 2017

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Deified Data posted:

I remember that one being pretty script heavy? Maybe not.

scripts are fine to transfer over to SSE from Oldrim. Those haven't changed, just animations, textures (maybe) and meshes (maybe) changed.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nevets posted:

The exception is if you're running Oldrim in Windows 10, when you've got a hard 4-gig limit no matter what because Windows 10 does that with DX9 games.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

uh zip zoom posted:

Frostfall, ordinator, open cities

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've been having really weird performance issues in both Oldrim and SSE and the only new mod I'm running on both is Ordinator. Has anyone else run into this? The framerate will frequently drop down to like 5 fps

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Frostfall, ordinator, open cities

Don't forget the patch to remove the Gates. :v:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

KakerMix posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. What do people use instead?

e: alternatively there's a fix here
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5dhgaa/wico_marking_npcs_as_essential/da4mzq2/

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 20, 2017

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

docbeard posted:

The exception is if you're running Oldrim in Windows 10, when you've got a hard 4-gig limit no matter what because Windows 10 does that with DX9 games.

:laffo: did they never fix that?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Ok so does anyone know what the gently caress caused this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwjA79fNeAc

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

orcane posted:

:laffo: did they never fix that?

Fix? That's probably by design.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

From what I understand, the ENB method of using more than 4 gigs was basically a hack that was never officially supported by the DX9 standard.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Soonmot posted:

those mods just made me hate the stormcloaks more.

Imperials stop fighting when the stormcloaks are dead in a skirmish, the stormcloaks chase you down for the crime of watching their fights.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

The Iron Rose posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. What do people use instead?

e: alternatively there's a fix here
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5dhgaa/wico_marking_npcs_as_essential/da4mzq2/

How did you get this to work? I started doing the quest in Markarth where Beltrid Silver Blood needs to die by other npcs, but only I can kill her. She is otherwise protected. I followed the steps in the reddit link and it seems straightforward.

Do I have to restart/re-roll a completely different character?

The only differences I can think of from the guide:

1. I have three wico .esp's:

Immersive Characters
Immersive Dawnguard
Wild Hunt Gears

2. I am not asked to save anything when I exit TES5.

Edit: Even console commands seem to not work.

SetEssential 00013388 0 - Other npc's still can't kill her but I can.

I haven't found a console command to toggle the protected status.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 22, 2017

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Industrial Meat Package posted:

How did you get this to work? I started doing the quest in Markarth where Beltrid Silver Blood needs to die by other npcs, but only I can kill her. She is otherwise protected. I followed the steps in the reddit link and it seems straightforward.

Do I have to restart/re-roll a completely different character?

The only differences I can think of from the guide:

1. I have three wico .esp's:

Immersive Characters
Immersive Dawnguard
Wild Hunt Gears

2. I am not asked to save anything when I exit TES5.

Edit: Even console commands seem to not work.

SetEssential 00013388 0 - Other npc's still can't kill her but I can.

I haven't found a console command to toggle the protected status.

The console command won't work if she's set as protected.
You're not being asked to save anything because nothing was changed. Maybe you did something wrong with the script. edit: I think you may have run it on the wrong wico file.
Personally, I'd load all the mods in sseEdit(for reference sake) and use the same script suggested at the reddit link but select all the npcs that aren't supposed to be protected from the wico-ImmersivePeople.esp and... You could right click them and "copy as override into" and make a patch(if you do this make sure the ones you edit are the ones in the patch you just created and not the ones in the wico mod itself)... or just edit them directly in the wico mod.
Right click-apply script-quickchange - in the dropdown select formula - <path>ACBS - Configuration\Flags\Protected <value> 0
Run that and save.
Delete and rebuild any bashed/merged patches.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I've googled this endlessly with no results – is there a mod that changes sprint from toggle to hold for SSE? It's mind boggling to me that they'd change it and not at least give you an option to switch it back.

If not, do any of you modders have a rough idea of how possible would it be to create one without SKSE?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Have you tried setting it to capslock? It might not work but I know in some games, when I wanted to make something a toggle and there was no option, setting it to capslock did it because it operates as a toggle.

eta: Oh, whoops, seems I misunderstood what you said, sorry!

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 23, 2017

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol, they made sprint a toggle? How does that work with the Sneak perk that lets you do a tuck-and-roll with the sprint button?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Got it to work, thanks!

I think the problem was that I only loaded the skyrim unofficial patch + the three wico files. I tried loading ALL the mods, like you suggested and that created a list of more specific npcs, including Beltrid.

I don't know if it was applying the quick change script directly to her or applying the quick change script. I forgot to do a controlled eprocess of one thing at a time. But the end result is that it worked. Originally looking at her individual npc window it showed that skyrim had her with no protected flag but the wico had her with a protected flag.

Also, I just tested it without [deleting the old bash patch + create new] and it seems to work. Hopefully this doesn't cause issues down the line.

Thank you a bunch for helping me out Mr. Grit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol, they made sprint a toggle? How does that work with the Sneak perk that lets you do a tuck-and-roll with the sprint button?
Exactly as you might guess - kind of a perma-roll until you toggle it again.