Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I'm not joking, I nearly only shot HE when I was using the Fuso and it worked great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

CitizenKain posted:

I really got spoiled playing the Bayern, I can't get the New Mexico or Fuso to work at all. They both feel incredibly inaccurate. Hopefully I can find the groove on these again, or its going to be a long painful grind to the Nagato and Colorado.

The Fuso is the most accurate BB at its tier, and the New Mexico is in-between (but doesn't have an option for the accuracy mod). I have done lots of damage with my NM, but wins were harder. The Fuso though has been easy mode as long as you do two things:

Stay at 10-15km
Angle forward at about 15-20 degrees from the target.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So, awhile back I mentioned using CE on my nikolai and having some fun because of the stealth. The problem is that the maps are fairly tiny, so while I'm stealthier, it isn't really all that much considering the map sizes it plays in. Instead, I was looking around my skill set and found something even more hilarious. IFHE. For the tier 1 skill, I took expert loader so I can more quickly switch between the shell types when needed. This doesn't seem like a good idea since you can just fling your current shells and then switch. But I've actually had some use with it as players at this tier are sometimes unpredictable where a shot that would have worked suddenly won't. And you have the time to just switch to a favorable one.

Or you can go preventative maintance instead and just stick to tossing he shells. It is a wonderful thing.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

So, awhile back I mentioned using CE on my nikolai and having some fun because of the stealth. The problem is that the maps are fairly tiny, so while I'm stealthier, it isn't really all that much considering the map sizes it plays in. Instead, I was looking around my skill set and found something even more hilarious. IFHE. For the tier 1 skill, I took expert loader so I can more quickly switch between the shell types when needed. This doesn't seem like a good idea since you can just fling your current shells and then switch. But I've actually had some use with it as players at this tier are sometimes unpredictable where a shot that would have worked suddenly won't. And you have the time to just switch to a favorable one.

Or you can go preventative maintance instead and just stick to tossing he shells. It is a wonderful thing.

Basically sounds like a Kutuzov/Molotov build. Or most Russian cruisers.

It's even a great captain trainer....

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I haven't played in a long time; didn't have it installed for over a year until a couple of days ago.

I have a lovely not-even-upgraded Omaha and I hate that it's detected so far outside its terrible gun range.

However, today the enemy team decided to shoot the juicy Omaha pinata and failed badly. Nailed a lucky torp into a magazine det around a corner on a Leander, finished off a beat-up Kirov, and on my last bit of health closing in on a Leander while otherwise drawing badly aimed fire in perhaps the weirdest matchmaker I've yet to see:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Took out my Nikolai for shits and giggles:

https://na.warships.today/player/1019899072/Anime_Loser

This guy blind torped me and detonated me. My entire team fled spawn leaving me behind (I was with cruisers and destroyers) and he spent the entire game spamming all chat about how he is the true seal clubber.

I was disappointed to see how bad a seal clubber he was.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Is there some kind of skill guide? I havn't played in months and I just realized they completely redid the skill tree.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Mapper and Reindeer please stand up in the thread so I know who the hell you are and I can accept you into the clan. Allahu Ackbar.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Applied to 4SKIN as Vernii

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Decided to actually go and play another game in my Essex and now I'm salty af

CV revamp when Wargaming

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
4SKIN application sent. Same name.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone who applied has been accepted.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

El Disco posted:

So he complains that Flamu made a clan called "NALOL," as if Flamu made it to specifically make fun of NA players. Except the clan was made by one of Flamu's chat moderators. I was watching his stream today and he noticed it for the first time.

"Someone made a clan called 'NALOL?' Heh."

So yeah, Business6 made some good points but he sounds like a huge baby crying about Flamu.

e: These are the sorts of NA plays that Flamu mocks. Never stop Flamu.

As if that's unique to NA.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

El Disco posted:

So he complains that Flamu made a clan called "NALOL," as if Flamu made it to specifically make fun of NA players. Except the clan was made by one of Flamu's chat moderators. I was watching his stream today and he noticed it for the first time.

"Someone made a clan called 'NALOL?' Heh."

So yeah, Business6 made some good points but he sounds like a huge baby crying about Flamu.

e: These are the sorts of NA plays that Flamu mocks. Never stop Flamu.

I bet if he had typed into all chat "br?", he would have gotten his answer on the delay and the stupidity.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Applied to 4SKIN as mikestanks.

2500 doubloons for a name change is outrageous.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

mllaneza posted:

Applied to 4SKIN as mikestanks.

2500 doubloons for a name change is outrageous.

A 30 player limit for a clan in a 2017 game is embarrassing.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Ghetto Prince posted:

Is there some kind of skill guide? I havn't played in months and I just realized they completely redid the skill tree.

It literally just changed within the last week, there are missions to get you some quick gold and then rerolls are super cheap, just play around with things until you get comfortable.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
:psyduck:

I fitted out my old beta grem with concealment expert , fire starter , superintendent and last stand and broke 100k damage in my first game out with it.

200k silver even without premium

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

So I'm suddenly having issues with the game taking 7 minutes to load into matches.

I have no idea what changed because I was playing just fine for the past 2 weeks and for a few days after the update, then suddenly the game takes forever to load in. Also ships can take over a minute to appear after being spotted.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Astroniomix posted:

So I'm suddenly having issues with the game taking 7 minutes to load into matches.

I have no idea what changed because I was playing just fine for the past 2 weeks and for a few days after the update, then suddenly the game takes forever to load in. Also ships can take over a minute to appear after being spotted.

Wargaming.txt

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Wargaming.txt

Admittedly I can't be certain it's not a hardware issue on my end, I just don't know how to go about figuring out if it is or not.

Rorac posted:

Get your hard drive checked.

EDIT: using the "diskdrive get status" command in the command promp gives me an "ok" so I don't think the hard drive is dying.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 23, 2017

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Get your hard drive checked.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
First game in the Chapayev

Chapayev stronk :stare:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I have a Chapayev that is fully tricked out bar the final hull, and I enjoy my stock hulled Mogami with no mods or camo and a retraining captain more

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Open Layer posted:

Well that explains a lot!! Is the discord info in pgs?

No, but I copied an invite link below.

Wibla posted:

Anyone got an invite link for the 2PAC discord? It doesn't seem to be listed anywhere (or I'm blind :haw: )

There you go:

https://discord.gg/GGgXz

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jan 23, 2017

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Astroniomix posted:

Do you have any mods installed by any chance?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

I have a Chapayev that is fully tricked out bar the final hull, and I enjoy my stock hulled Mogami with no mods or camo and a retraining captain more

You would probably like it more with radar.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Where the hell do you actually apply for Bote Clans?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Where the hell do you actually apply for Bote Clans?

Top right, at the end of the list of options Port/Modules etc.

Just got my Edinburgh and i'm liking it so far even with the retraining captain. Does everyone go for Smoke on it, I was tempted to try out the 9km Radar instead and see how it played.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
Edinburgh doesn't have the range to kite effectively so smoke is the only option.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Astroniomix posted:

Defrag. That fixes things up for me when I et the slow loading after an update. I use Defraggler so I don't have to do the whole hard drive just to fix the one game.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Top right, at the end of the list of options Port/Modules etc.

Just got my Edinburgh and i'm liking it so far even with the retraining captain. Does everyone go for Smoke on it, I was tempted to try out the 9km Radar instead and see how it played.

I don't think I've seen one without smoke so far, seems to me like not having the smoke would be bad for its health based on my experience shooting Edinburghs. Saw a couple Minotaurs try to run radar instead of smoke in a game on Flamu's stream and it did not go well for them at all. If you played it like an Atlanta then maybe, but I think people see the British cruisers and view them as free citadels/XP pinatas and go right for them. I have yet to play that line though, so my opinion here isn't the best informed, but it doesn't seem agile enough to wiggle terribly well and it doesn't have the range that the USSR and German cruisers at tier have to compensate for that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Applied as stanleypain007 to 4skin

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Thundercakes posted:

I don't think I've seen one without smoke so far, seems to me like not having the smoke would be bad for its health based on my experience shooting Edinburghs. Saw a couple Minotaurs try to run radar instead of smoke in a game on Flamu's stream and it did not go well for them at all. If you played it like an Atlanta then maybe, but I think people see the British cruisers and view them as free citadels/XP pinatas and go right for them. I have yet to play that line though, so my opinion here isn't the best informed, but it doesn't seem agile enough to wiggle terribly well and it doesn't have the range that the USSR and German cruisers at tier have to compensate for that.

I think the also see "that ship is super loving annoying, kill it." Speaking of which, I've seen a sharp uptake in the effectiveness of my DM, which was an already effective ship, since taking delayed fuse.

I've also seen a sharp uptake in whole teams ignoring everyone else to try to kill me, just like when I do when I drive my Minotaur.

Edit

Re: Flamu

1. Calling people "mongoloids" is racist as gently caress. As a European he has ought to know better.

2. I'm intrigued by his "Adrenaline Rage" (sic) Scharnhorst/Tirpitz setup. I think I might give a go... unfortunately I don't have a 15+ other German captain I can just switch setups on. I do have a spare 13pt Bayern captain I might use though.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Europeans aren't Americans. "mongoloid" is friendly banter. I've had to curse so hard that the ghost of Martin Luther King came down to ask me to stop, and I just got a warning.

We also universally consider Americans whiny and dumb about all things politically correct :italy:

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

demonR6 posted:

Mapper and Reindeer please stand up in the thread so I know who the hell you are and I can accept you into the clan. Allahu Ackbar.

Preach.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Applied to [GOON] as Wardyne. I'm sensitive to how my playstyle and general server population is perceived by internet strangers so please can we limit all that sort of chat while I am on discord (is there a discord channel?).

MadBurgerMaker
Mar 7, 2007
Lurker
Just threw in an application to 4SKIN. Have they ever mentioned increasing the 30 member limit? I guess it's a way to make money (get people to use doubloons) for them though.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Xae posted:

He is right though.

The game goes to poo poo at high tiers because the game encourages lovely passive play.

Agree, he's completely right.

This community absolutely has no will to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

MadBurgerMaker posted:

Just threw in an application to 4SKIN. Have they ever mentioned increasing the 30 member limit? I guess it's a way to make money (get people to use doubloons) for them though.

Yeah, the 30-member capacity is so absurdly limited compared to what WoT has that it feels like they'll just increase the slots once enough people sink doubloons into it, under the guise of "community feedback", when really it was all planned from the start.

Kore_Fero posted:

Applied to [GOON] as Wardyne. I'm sensitive to how my playstyle and general server population is perceived by internet strangers so please can we limit all that sort of chat while I am on discord (is there a discord channel?).

Eurogoons apparently use 2pac's discord for all boat-related activities: