Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
puncher should if caught be arrested and charged and tried because what he did was Illegal

but that doesn't make him wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Novo posted:

Jokes aside if you find yourself wishing violence on the "other half" of the country or feel it would be justified you need to (and I hate this term) do some soul searching. Violence is never justified except in self defense. The moment you resort to violence your message is irrelevant.

I say this as someone who has recently made jokes to friends about shooting ignorant motherfuckers in the head. After a while it stops being fun even as a joke.

half the country are nazis??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lowtax posted:

(I am not sure who defines "evil" here)

evil is defined by being a nazi

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

a good barometer for evil: literally drawing up plans for genocide, publishing articles espousing genocide

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

gently caress Whitey posted:

like seriously richard what do you think should have happened? homie should have just been left alone to be a hateful gently caress consequence-free? how would that change anything, if we're playing the "read the future" game
Do you think that him getting punched will make him suddenly stop being a racist idiot? Because I just looked at his twitter account and it's the same bullshit he was saying before, but now he's even more upset with the people he vilifies.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lowtax posted:

(I am not sure who defines "evil" here)

is advocating genocide really that evil, guys

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Lowtax posted:

I'm getting tired of repeating the same thing over and over and over again, so I'm about to respectfully bow out of this thread. The issue is not about punching Dick Spencer. We all agree that was good and funny. The issue I've been TRYING to discuss was if this type of action should be accepted and encouraged in the future.

I would argue fighting with groups of facists marching through the streets would be OK. Like targeted assassinations and poo poo probably wouldn't be the best.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

tbh the milquetoast, cowardly response most liberals have had to nazipunchgate is the reason the conservatives have managed to push things so far to the right over the past three decades

for real liberals are called pussies constantly and then when they stop being pussies all of a sudden they are horrific violence monsters

a misanthrope fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 23, 2017

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Thirsty Girl posted:

half the country are nazis??

well, useful idiots maybe

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Rakosi posted:

Maybe you should hold on to your 2nd amendmant rights. Germany never had those.

2017 leftists; clinging on to guns and using violent means to intimidate people they disagree with. I posted the horseshoe political scale before but here it is again:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

That horseshoe is bending more and more.

Lol at horseshoe theory

Just lmao you loving idiot

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Do you think that him getting punched will make him suddenly stop being a racist idiot? Because I just looked at his twitter account and it's the same bullshit he was saying before, but now he's even more upset with the people he vilifies.

No. Do you think anything will?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lowtax posted:

if you want to do the "well nobody's answering me" thing you need to answer other people too

what do you think should have happened? should he be allowed to advocate for genocide and have an effect on american politics free of any consequences? how does arguing with him have any effect whatsoever?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Novo posted:

well, useful idiots maybe

and thus they shouldn't get hurt, nobody should get hurt for just being dumb

like there's no slippery slope here, the punchening is specifically for nazi fucks

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Lowtax posted:

I didn't want to seriouspost about this but I attended a counter protest which shut down a bunch of actual nazis rallying and they haven't rallied for like a year and a half

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rakosi posted:

Maybe you should hold on to your 2nd amendmant rights. Germany never had those.

2017 leftists; clinging on to guns and using violent means to intimidate people they disagree with. I posted the horseshoe political scale before but here it is again:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

That horseshoe is bending more and more.

you are retarted as gently caress dude

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
watch out guys, the guy who advocates exterminating the blacks and the jews is getting mad!!!! he's going to escalate to

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Recoome posted:

I didn't want to seriouspost about this but I attended a counter protest which shut down a bunch of actual nazis rallying and they haven't rallied for like a year and a half

punk rock scenes have been chasing nazis out for thirty years and it turns out the most effective way to do it is to Bash The Fash

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Recoome posted:

also a thing about nazis: they are huge cowards, a show of tangible resistance rattles them in a way no words possibly can

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a good barometer for evil: literally drawing up plans for genocide, publishing articles espousing genocide

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Lowtax posted:

Making an incredibly stupid "what if" situation like A misanthrope did.

to be honest i am pretty retarded

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Non serious reply:
Sounds like he needs another punch to the mouth.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Again, nobody has been able to answer my question I've posed repeatedly. What type of violence should be acceptable? Is just punching allowed, or can we kick? Hit them with a brick? Break their legs? Put them into a coma? Hit them with a car? Murder them? Then, who determines if the victim was evil enough to justify the assault? How does a government agency regulate and objectively define where the line is regarding beliefs that should be punishable by assault?

Like I said before, I loved watching that idiot get clocked. But justifying or allowing assault on a person people consider to be evil opens up a gigantic can of worms.

Lowtax please go ask this in a thread that isn't for jokes, because you will never find a satisfactory answer in this one. You keep trying here and it just ain't gonna happen, my man.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
i said this earlier but its not that he has a Different Opinion

hes notgetting punched over corn subsidies

he literally espouses genocide, and not in a euphemistic "the lord will strike them down with aids" fred phelps way, no, he does it in a "we should kill the untermenschen" way with diagrams

gently caress anyone who tries this "actually the other guy is just as bad because the truth is in the middle" pussy rear end bullshit

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Who What Now posted:

Lowtax please go ask this in a thread that isn't for jokes, because you will never find a satisfactory answer in this one. You keep trying here and it just ain't gonna happen, my man.

please don't because it's going to go in the same circles

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

is advocating genocide really that evil, guys
Jesus Christ, I never claimed that genocide wasn't evil. What I was saying was that if you want to be able to legally assault people because they're evil, you must first have some government organization that defines "evil" in an objective and clear way, so the public completely understands which people can be targeted. Of course advocating genocide is evil, but if you're talking about making a major change in the law, one promoting and allowing assault, people better be drat well clear as to whom they can assault.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat
What about his parents? Surely they deserve a slap or two.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

also there are many legal precedents for hate speech and even 'fighting words', ie talk poo poo get hit

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
How exactly do you reasonably engage with "let's get rid of all the black people, just, y'know, make them go away" :shrug:

Some ideas:
"Maybe not!"
"That's not very nice!"
"What would you do with all the corpses?"

e: #3 is not a very good line of argument because the WWII Nazis actually found answers :smith:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 23, 2017

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Lowtax posted:

What I was saying was that if you want to be able to legally assault people because they're evil

nobody said anything about making it legal to punch the nazis Richard Dear

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

this is the pepe I remember!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

...and the pitch! posted:

No. Do you think anything will?

Being dead, moving out of his mom's chalet, or being forced to work a real job instead of being a thinkfluencer.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

I think the ideal scenario is enough of these mouth breathers get their rear end beat when vocalizing their poo poo opinions that the opinions go unvoiced and are kept hidden and unspoken where they belong

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

nobody said anything about making it legal to punch the nazis Richard Dear

Wow, Rude tune, Mr.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Lowtax posted:

Jesus Christ, I never claimed that genocide wasn't evil. What I was saying was that if you want to be able to legally assault people because they're evil, you must first have some government organization that defines "evil" in an objective and clear way, so the public completely understands which people can be targeted. Of course advocating genocide is evil, but if you're talking about making a major change in the law, one promoting and allowing assault, people better be drat well clear as to whom they can assault.

who said 'legally'?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Lowtax posted:

It isn't so much about the hope that they'll magically change their mind through the art of pugilism, but more about demonstrating that we are not prey that will meekly hold out our necks to let their fascist boot gracefully step on.

Fascist win by default if isn't anyone with balls to stand up their bullshit. Hoping you can calmly and politely prevent their rise to power is exactly what they bank on.

There is a major difference between something being moral and something being legal. You can't use the legality of a thing to prove its morality. Examples: Slavery, Jim Crow, Etc.

D.Ork Bimboolean fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 23, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lowtax posted:

what is a nazi anyway

Novo
May 13, 2003

Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

How exactly do you reasonably engage with "let's get rid of all the black people, just, y'know, make them go away" :shrug:

Some ideas:
"Maybe not!"
"That's not very nice!"
"What would you do with all the corpses?"

The same way you deal with the guy who thinks UFOs are transmitting eggnog recipes into his fillings. So if you're in public, you politely ignore him. If he's at your door with a gun then that's different.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

do you think that beating the poo poo out of the neo nazi figureheads won't affect the influence of the movement at all?

gently caress that lowtax, being reactionary is the worst possible way to deal with this kind of poo poo because by the time that it's gained enough momentum and influence to start it's """peaceful""" genocide it'll be too late. you have to be proactive to start this poo poo from happening in the first place, and a few ugly shitters with undercuts getting concussions is a small price to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Novo posted:

The same way you deal with the guy who thinks UFOs are transmitting eggnog recipes into his fillings.

...via punching?

• Locked thread