Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
nobody here is calling for like HUAC hearings where, if someone is found to be racist, they get dragged into the town square and beaten to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
no is denying he should do the time, for he indeed do the crime

but the crime was good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Jesus Christ, I never claimed that genocide wasn't evil. What I was saying was that if you want to be able to legally assault people because they're evil, you must first have some government organization that defines "evil" in an objective and clear way, so the public completely understands which people can be targeted. Of course advocating genocide is evil, but if you're talking about making a major change in the law, one promoting and allowing assault, people better be drat well clear as to whom they can assault.

who is advocating changing the laws on assault

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gently caress Whitey posted:

nobody here is calling for like HUAC hearings where, if someone is found to be racist, they get dragged into the town square and beaten to death

yeah i think it's being overcomplicated a bit

it's just see nazi - punch nazi, where "nazi" is defined as "person who thinks genocide is good and cool"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Novo posted:

The same way you deal with the guy who thinks UFOs are transmitting eggnog recipes into his fillings. So if you're in public, you politely ignore him. If he's at your door with a gun then that's different.

Yes then you're dead

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Eh this isn't particularly fun discussing this and it's just wasting my time, so I'm going to bow out. To recap my positions:

1) Punching douchebags who think genocide is a swell idea is entertaining and amusing.
2) However, I feel normalizing violence isn't a great idea, and could lead to huge problems down the road.

Peace out

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
58 h*ecking pages

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

spaceships posted:

no is denying he should do the time, for he indeed do the crime

but the crime was good

a real, patriotic, American jury would never convict someone for punching a loving nazi, would they?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Novo posted:

The same way you deal with the guy who thinks UFOs are transmitting eggnog recipes into his fillings. So if you're in public, you politely ignore him. If he's at your door with a gun then that's different.

ignoring them doesn't actually work

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
no one's saying the battery should be legal, it's clearly against the law

however reacting negatively to it is another story and very telling of your character.

just because its illegal doesnt mean it's morally wrong.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Rakosi posted:

Yes but they aren't stopping fascism, are they? They're just risking arrest and their university careers (looked like a university campus to me) by assaulting a Nazi who is never going to have his mind changed, no matter how hard people attempt to knock it out of his skull. He's just gonna go lick his wounds and come back another day, but now feeling vindicated and oppressed. If it's really you getting off on the refractory period of the Nazi being sad at home with no friends, wincing and crying as he puts bandaids on his antifa battle scars, then at least come out and admit that that's the real thing you think is good about this.

Don't pretend for even half a second that this is 'beating' fascism any further than in just the literal sense, you're just fetishising an idiot getting beating up.

Doesn't matter if this fuckface still hates blacks, as long as he shuts the gently caress up about how great it'd be if they were wiped out. Facepunching will encourage him to shut the gently caress up.

like this, put punching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkz6FyVP4Nc

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
'Taxman, this is realtalk again, but I know you hate D&D with an intense passion (and you should, as a Reg is abysmal) but it really seems like you want to have some Very Serious Debates and Discussions that would be better suited for it than here.

Edit:

Also this is, like, the third time you've bowed out of the thread because you aren't getting serious responses. Please don't keep hitting your head against the wall for no reason. :(

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I'm not sure what could be done to convince Spencer that he is in fact, wrong. People like this tend to be so far removed from reality that I don't think normal appeals to logic or emotions will make them reconsider their positions on killing black people. I suppose this point is arguable, but while I don't have any numbers to back this up, I don't think the conversion rate of white nationalists to more tolerant people is very high. In this case, steps have to be taken so as not to make these positions normalized and mainstream. As mentioned upthread, people like this depend on people to be "civilized" and give them a chance to speak in public without fear of retaliation. They use this chance to make the bile they spew more palatable, dressing it up in phrases such as "alt-right". I think that it's important that we, as a society, declare that advocacy for genocide is not okay, and if that message takes the form of a fist to a white nationalists face, that's just how it goes.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ManuclearBomb/status/823339717957734401

punching the nazi = success

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BgRdMchne posted:

a real, patriotic, American jury would never convict someone for punching a loving nazi, would they?

did a black dude do it?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

gently caress Whitey posted:

puncher should if caught be arrested and charged and tried because what he did was Illegal

but that doesn't make him wrong

Didn't a guy get probated in this thread for saying exactly this?

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Now that lowtax is gone lemme say

Political violence owns

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"Guys, it just can't happen here!"

*is literally happening here, right now, out in the open, they're not even trying to be subtle about it*

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the left is basically now just the nerd kid at school who tries out witty rejoinders and appeals to emotion on the school bully, who laughs it off and continues punching

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I'll nullify the poo poo out of any jury that I'm on that tries a nazi-punching or nazi-killing case

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
my grandfather killed a few Nazis (and took one a pair of boots from one lol - a literal war crime) i hope to walk in his nazi owned boots while shooting nazis for their boots

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

various cheeses posted:

i dont fuckin know but if he did that's stupid as gently caress

so he probably did

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SpaceClown posted:

no one's saying the battery should be legal, it's clearly against the law

however reacting negatively to it is another story and very telling of your character.

just because its illegal doesnt mean it's morally wrong.

You are not nearly as clever as you think you are. Trying to paint people who disagree with you as being morally questionable or having some sort of flawed character is laughable and pathetic.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Now that lowtax is gone lemme say

Political violence owns

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Violence is bad and should never be considered a substitute for discourse in 99% of situations. Where the person being punched is a literal unapologetic nazi is that 1%.

The person who did the punching should still be arrested, charged, etc. After they serve their punishment, I'll buy 'em a beer.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

You are not nearly as clever as you think you are. Trying to paint people who disagree with you as being morally questionable, or having some sort of flawed character is laughable and pathetic.

"People who advocate genocide aren't morally questionable, and the notion that they are is laughable and pathetic"

holy poo poo my dude

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I don't think political violence owns, but punching nazis does.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Poetic Justice posted:

You are not nearly as clever as you think you are. Trying to paint people who disagree with you as being morally questionable, or having some sort of flawed character is laughable and pathetic.

Back to this nebulous concept of disagreement. One more time The issue is nazism. The way to treat it is with face punching.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I hope this becomes a trend and literal nazis (ONLY literal nazis) get their asses beat on the daily.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Poetic Justice posted:

probably cause you're afraid someone will punch you for your poo poo opinions tbh. go redpill d&d or something

edit: admins change all our names to PUNCHES CURE NAZIS please

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

various cheeses posted:

no

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
the real measure of a man is how swiftly he responds with violence once his belief system allows for it

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Kingfish posted:

I hope this becomes a trend and literal nazis (ONLY literal nazis) get their asses beat on the daily.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

SpaceClown posted:

Okay, last post for real: I have posted repeatedly that I found the event to be both good and funny. You have ignored each and every one of those posts and are now claiming I reacted negatively to it, and trying to imply poo poo about my character. Please enjoy the time you're on probation to go back and actually read the things I wrote in this thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

I hope it's hourly!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

You are not nearly as clever as you think you are. Trying to paint people who disagree with you as being morally questionable or having some sort of flawed character is laughable and pathetic.

Those people are actual Nazis and are undeniably wrong.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Okay, last post for real: I have posted repeatedly that I found the event to be both good and funny. You have ignored each and every one of those posts and are now claiming I reacted negatively to it, and trying to imply poo poo about my character. Please enjoy the time you're on probation to go back and actually read the things I wrote in this thread.

no

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
if we punch nazis does that not make us nazis?

makes ya think

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Poetic Justice posted:

again

it's not like this is corn subsidies

this idea that advocating genocide is not "questionable" is fuckin insane to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

"Guys, it just can't happen here!"

*is literally happening here, right now, out in the open, they're not even trying to be subtle about it*

• Locked thread