Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh my god I got 10 seconds in and there's no way I can go more than another 20 of these assholes.

Like goddamn just make a listicle. No one wants to watch your garbage half hour videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Oh my god I got 10 seconds in and there's no way I can go more than another 20 of these assholes.

Like goddamn just make a listicle. No one wants to watch your garbage half hour videos.

Are you mad because they're mocking the nerdy list?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

flosofl posted:

I think he's mad because he's stupid.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, that video's a parody.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Endless Mike posted:

You don't deserve to know of rep-med datawafers 1X-44A or 1X-44A-X.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Probably a re-post, but dang Clark to the "K" is so cool. jolly well great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's clearly an allusion to Murray The K which makes that pretty awesome.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Kwyndig posted:

I've gotten the impression that RLM's style of parody is really entertaining to some people, and insufferable to others. Personally, I fall into the latter camp, so I can understand where Endless Mike's coming from.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like how he completely dresses the part, even though he's in a radio studio and nobody but his producer would ever know.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I like how he completely dresses the part, even though he's in a radio studio and nobody but his producer would ever know.

Well, gosh, if someone saw him in just his sweats, they might think that Clark Kent and Superman could be one and the same!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flosofl posted:

Lurdiak posted:

I think he's mad because he's stupid.

Kwyndig posted:

As I heavily implied, I didn't get anywhere near far enough into it to find that out.

And parodies don't need to a half hour long, either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

You must hate Mel Brooks movies.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

In the early days of radio, it was policy that the announcers and anchors would wear tuxedos while on the air. It was to get them in the right frame of mind, the idea being - they're entering people's homes, so you've got to be polite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bongo Bill posted:

In the early days of radio, it was policy that the announcers and anchors would wear tuxedos while on the air. It was to get them in the right frame of mind, the idea being - they're entering people's homes, so you've got to be polite.

I saw a true crime documentary about a dude who robbed people's houses and he wore a tux while robbing because he felt it was rude to do otherwise.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rhyno posted:

I saw a true crime documentary about a dude who robbed people's houses and he wore a tux while robbing because he felt it was rude to do otherwise.

Was he Jack Donaghy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P7yWnAAd0&t=12s

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

X-O posted:

How does Darth Vader drink coffee? Does his mask have a Go Go Gadget Straw?
I once saw a kid walking through a Target wearing a Darth Vader mask, sipping from a juice box with the straw through one of the mask slots. It seemed to work well, so I assume juice boxes are the answer.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

a kitten posted:

Probably a re-post, but dang Clark to the "K" is so cool. jolly well great.

Is Clark wearing a monocle just because that seemed more British than glasses?

Cause if so, that's gear.

Dad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's the story behind these panels?

EDITED: Removed image - link below.

Why is Lois so relaxed about a guy getting shot? Why is Clark more concerned with his shirt getting ripped?

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 23, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the story behind these panels?

http://www.superdickery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/superman298expenseaccount5s.jpg

Why is Lois so relaxed about a guy getting shot? Why is Clark more concerned with his shirt getting ripped?

You should get rid of the hotlinked image.

Context, apparently:

quote:

Part III: Clark Kent, Get Out Of My Life!

Superman is troubled by dreams in which tragedies and injustices go unprevented while he indulges in a selfish life as Clark Kent. He vows to spend 24 hours a day in his Superman persona to see if he can do without Clark forever.

There are plenty of crises to keep him busy, and meanwhile the world wonders what's become of Clark Kent. Lois, now in love with Clark, is worried he's been killed by Inter-Gang. The gang's leaders are due to go on trial, and without Clark's testimony, the outcome of the case is very much in doubt. In fact, an Inter-Gang hitman is sent to Kent's apartment, but he has the misfortune of finding Mr. Xavier instead, and is blasted to atoms.

Superman approaches Lois, then later Jimmy Olsen, to discuss a problem, but finds little sympathy. A supervillain is on the loose; why isn't Superman on the job? After a spectacular battle, Superman outwits the villain (who uses a solar-powered costume to match Superman's powers) and muses that he now knows which identity to hold onto for all time. (But we don't!)

Back at Clark's apartment building, Mr. Xavier is ready for the final phase of his plan; the destruction of Earth (As if it could be anything less. This is a Superman comic, you know).

From here. Sounds like classic Cary Bates kookiness.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jan 23, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Always a bummer when that happens.

Source seems to be Undersea Agent.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Which are...?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Which are...?

Pants tend to chafe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Which are...?

That Say Nothing found another edit with no source?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't find any other versions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's from Chuck Austen's World Watch and it's not an edit. That same character is later about to be raped by a Hulk-like villain.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Rhyno posted:

That's from Chuck Austen's World Watch and it's not an edit. That same character is later about to be raped by a Hulk-like villain.

I wouldn't expect better from Chuck Austen, but good lord.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I believe that series also involved Austen writing a Vince Russo/pro-wrestling style terrible "swerve" where he got "fired" from his own IP and replaced by himself under a pseudonym?

Edit: For actual funny panel content, here is something I found (darkly) comedic from Annihilation Prologue - I remember laughing when I read it and then realizing it was actually pretty horrible :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 24, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

a kitten posted:

Always a bummer when that happens.

Source seems to be Undersea Agent.

The cool panther whale in the back with the sunglasses.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jerusalem posted:

I believe that series also involved Austen writing a Vince Russo/pro-wrestling style terrible "swerve" where he got "fired" from his own IP and replaced by himself under a pseudonym?

Edit: For actual funny panel content, here is something I found (darkly) comedic from Annihilation Prologue - I remember laughing when I read it and then realizing it was actually pretty horrible :sweatdrop:

Funny thing about that panel. It's from the printed edition. The preview edition (that showed up online around the time) had different (and I would submit better) dialogue.

In the online version she says that if Rich and her get out of this, they are going to mate. And her species is one which mates for life.
Then que dramatic irony based death yada yada.

I always preferred the preview version because the dialogue flowed better in that version.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

good luck to all involved.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I can't find any other versions.

Awful username/post combo

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

a kitten posted:

good luck to all involved.

Their weakness is they have to piss through their feet.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Endless Mike posted:

As I heavily implied, I didn't get anywhere near far enough into it to find that out.

Its mainly great in see that they are just reading off wookipedia and half the names and info they are getting is coming off Star Wars toys.

Plus Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center will never not make me laugh that and the fact that all of Vader's short comings were do to budgetary short cuts imposed by Palpy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wanna know what on earth the guy who wrote the book where some robots have to cut corners on Vader's surgery due to budgetary constraints was even going for, if not comedy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

I wanna know what on earth the guy who wrote the book where some robots have to cut corners on Vader's surgery due to budgetary constraints was even going for, if not comedy.

That wouldn't be a problem in the star trek universe

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

purple death ray posted:

:goonsay:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

purple death ray posted:

Well of course not. In the Star Trek universe he'd just be dead, and then they'd have to come up with a convoluted technobabble way to fix that.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Jerusalem posted:

Is this the quickest fridge ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Obligatory budget cuts panels from the ABC Warriors, 2000AD 576 May 28 1988