Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Does negative Trust from having fought a dude in the past ever go away? I'd like to ally with Spain, we have positive relations and we each pose the most readily available ally against loving France...but because we've brawled in the distant past, I have a -1000 Trust modifier. I hope I'm not locked out of an alliance of convenience forever because of this :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where is Burgundy supposed to go? Provence starts off allied with France, the early French-English war doesn't include any actual fighting (so no casualties), and everything else is in the HRE.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Jay Rust posted:

Where is Burgundy supposed to go? Provence starts off allied with France, the early French-English war doesn't include any actual fighting (so no casualties), and everything else is in the HRE.

Burgundy is one of the strongest starting countries imo. Ally Austria and Castile/Aragon and attack France.

Alternatively attack England before France does and get those juicy Norman lands.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

TorakFade posted:

Don't bail, it's tremendously funny. This is the 1821 final state of my Naples -> Italy run (France, Sweden & Russia are my 100 trust BFFs - cheers to Cyprus, burgundy and Genoa for surviving until the very end despite overwhelmingly negative odds):

by the end I had so much money that I built the Panama canal for fun, took over thousands of ducats of debt of anybody I liked, and was keeping 2 full stacks of mercs (including cavalry&artillery) permanenty on rebel suppression to kill off the endless rebellions in my CNs. Also some crazy stuff happened apparently, like a queen ruling for 1445 years, and me killing almost 1 million people each year for 400 years:

and apparently getting 184 provinces stolen even if I never lost a war and I'm pretty sure I never ever gave up a province - maybe it's counting provinces that were turned over to CNs after peace deals? I got the whole Caribbean, 1/3rd of Colombia and most of Mexico that way. Also 176 ship/year lost and 230 ships/year killed? What the gently caress? Those look more like overall campaign stats, not yearly

That's a slick Italy. I made it to 1694 when I ate Austria and Tuscany but my backups stopped working and I lost all my Austria progress.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Tsyni posted:

Burgundy is one of the strongest starting countries imo. Ally Austria and Castile/Aragon and attack France.

Alternatively attack England before France does and get those juicy Norman lands.

What's a good general Burgundy strategy in terms of ideas, etc? Never done a Burgundy game and thinking about checking one out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Iron Man backup bug is like the biggest problem with this game right now, in my opinion. I mean, what do I know, but it seems to strike fairly regularly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

always frenchward

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jay Rust posted:

Into France, then you become France, then you kill everyone.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bold Robot posted:

What's a good general Burgundy strategy in terms of ideas, etc? Never done a Burgundy game and thinking about checking one out.

Definitely take Influence first, imo. Cheaper to vassalize, less aggressive expansion, and so on. Diplo is good too, but...diplo and influence are always good. I'd give Calais to Flanders (once you crush the English swine) and feed the rest of England to Flanders. Annex everyone else, unless Austria loses the emperorship and is replaced by a chump. If that happens then I'd keep Brabant around to feed them some of the HRE, or just take it for yourself. You'll have to play that part by ear because it's rare that Austria loses the emperorship in the opening years.

The main thing is to hurt France and keep on hurting them. Whether that means you take the English lands in France first, or ally with England to beat France down. It will depend on the opening alliance situation.

For other ideas I'd take defensive first, stack up that morale, then admin most likely.

You can do a colonial game as Burgundy which can be incredibly lucrative because you're going to want to move your capital to the lowlands/English Node already, and then steer trade there.

There isn't really a magic trick as them. They just have strong military ideas, +5% dicipline, +10% morale, plus their PU swarm is actually quite strong right off the bat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Ah, I see the Ottomans are allied with France, Tunis, and Muscovy. Alright. :suicide:

Thanks for the tips on institutions, it was pretty much exactly what I was figuring.

What about for moving your capital for Trade purposes, when's the right time to do so? My Zanzibar node is making more money as my non-primary than my Ethiopian primary, despite having a smaller portion of trade power. Good time to move it over yeah?

Ethiopia is an origin node so it's one of the worst places to have your trade capitol. Definitely move to Zanzibar ASAP, colonize the Cape for a buffer zone, and then get to work on locking down the Gulf of Aden.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Does negative Trust from having fought a dude in the past ever go away? I'd like to ally with Spain, we have positive relations and we each pose the most readily available ally against loving France...but because we've brawled in the distant past, I have a -1000 Trust modifier. I hope I'm not locked out of an alliance of convenience forever because of this :v:

Yeah trust very slowly returns to neutral over time. You could be waiting a couple of centuries if it had hit 0 though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Ethiopia is an origin node so it's one of the worst places to have your trade capitol. Definitely move to Zanzibar ASAP, colonize the Cape for a buffer zone, and then get to work on locking down the Gulf of Aden.

France already got in at the cape :doh:

It's fine it's a re-learning playthrough. I'm at like 1560 right now, how do you end up expanding down that far fast enough, beeline for the second colonist or just pay the extra for multiple colonies at once?

I'll try fiddling with trade setup once I relocate, I'm guessing it tend to be more valuable to steer everything into your capital node if there are other valuable nodes near it yeah?

I'm ranked 3rd World Power right now which is nice, but the Ottoman blob is coming for me soon I think. I think I probably wouldn't have had too much issues until they allied with Muscovy, since now they're pulling in about 250 total force limit and that's just not gonna work out well.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

France already got in at the cape :doh:

It's fine it's a re-learning playthrough. I'm at like 1560 right now, how do you end up expanding down that far fast enough, beeline for the second colonist or just pay the extra for multiple colonies at once?

Early game, your only limit is colonial range, which is determined by cored provinces (aka a colony doesn't count until it's no longer a colony). That means you need to either steal some coast from Adal and colonize southward, using uninhabited islands to reach Zanzibar and then South Africa, or you need to conquer a swathe of provinces southward and then reach South Africa from there.

quote:

I'll try fiddling with trade setup once I relocate, I'm guessing it tend to be more valuable to steer everything into your capital node if there are other valuable nodes near it yeah?

Yes; the ideal trade map is to have your merchants directing trade to a common downstream node that you dominate, and then you put your trade capital in that downstream node. If you're moving your trade capital to Zanzibar (which you should, and you should also try to dominate the spice islands to get even more money into Zanzibar) then you should get as many merchants as possible transferring trade power in nodes upstream of Zanzibar, with preference for valuable nodes where you have trade power. In Ethiopia's case, a bunch of your trade value is trapped in the Ethiopia node, upstream of Alexandria, so you could also send a merchant to the Ethiopia node in order to collect that trade value, rather than let it get transferred to other nations via Alexandria. Whether or not this is a good choice depends on whether or not you have merchants to spare (the Ethiopia trade node might not be worth a lot compared to Malacca, and if you can transfer a bunch of value from Malacca then that'd be the better use of a merchant)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Anyone got any suggestions for Kongo? I'm going for African Power and Hoarder (have 13 cults.) I'm not entirely sure how the cult thing works, I assume I just declare war or ally the three African groups, and then do the same for other faiths.

As for ideas I figure exploration is a good one so I can monopolize the Ivory Coast trade node and make mad ducats from it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
please don't become what we all hate. go pick on england for calais or something.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

QuarkJets posted:

It's not, though, it's just hard to see the monarch points saved/earned by Innovative when you don't do the math. Innovative's benefits are significant but more difficult to realize without close examination

The WE reduction is insanely good.

The mercenary maintenance reduction isn't flashy but that's equivalent to simply having more access to a bottomless manpower pool.

Prestige decay is underrated now that you can constantly reroll bad heirs

-5% tech costs is very good

-25% advisor costs is useful for getting +3 advisors sooner

In your average game I think it's not as good as most of the other admin picks, but that's just because most of the other admin picks are insanely good in most games; the group itself is very good overall

I mean, that's kinda my point right? It's technically better than almost anything in say Diplomatic but it's an Admin group so it has to be compared directly to other Admin choices. You get a little bit of everything but if you're lookign at say, Merc Maint Reduction then you have the go-to Administrative pick which has -25% cost working on top of -25% reduction and -25% advisor costs is cool but if you go Economic you can crank your economy up and deficit spend to make yourself rich enough to afford the advisors you want plus technically need them less because you save 20% on developing provinces which is super important now thanks to institutions.

I might play around with Innovative more just cause I like the idea of having space marines without playing Prussia, Sweden, Nepal etc.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Node posted:

Anyone got any suggestions for Kongo? I'm going for African Power and Hoarder (have 13 cults.) I'm not entirely sure how the cult thing works, I assume I just declare war or ally the three African groups, and then do the same for other faiths.

As for ideas I figure exploration is a good one so I can monopolize the Ivory Coast trade node and make mad ducats from it.

I found warring more reliable than allying. You want to hit the West African group quickly before the Sunni nations/Europeans gobble them up, then island hop over to Central America before the Euros get them too. The Eastern ones you have a bit more time for.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Eej posted:

I mean, that's kinda my point right? It's technically better than almost anything in say Diplomatic but it's an Admin group so it has to be compared directly to other Admin choices. You get a little bit of everything but if you're lookign at say, Merc Maint Reduction then you have the go-to Administrative pick which has -25% cost working on top of -25% reduction and -25% advisor costs is cool but if you go Economic you can crank your economy up and deficit spend to make yourself rich enough to afford the advisors you want plus technically need them less because you save 20% on developing provinces which is super important now thanks to institutions.

I might play around with Innovative more just cause I like the idea of having space marines without playing Prussia, Sweden, Nepal etc.

That's not the sign of a bad idea group though, it's the sign of a good idea group that just gets outclassed by superior idea groups of the same monarch type.

Expansion is a bad idea group (10% reduced recruitment time for TWO of the idea slots, hahaha)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I need some tips for my Austria game. Despite having over 600hours in this game, this is the first time playing as Austria and I'm trying to unite HRE. It's 1488 and I managed to prevent Italy leaving just in the nick of time, by conquering a ton of Papal territory and acquiring some cool 90 points of AE. I'm going to release Urbino as a vassal instead of dealing with coring in Italy and any expansion is off the table for the next several decades. I stopped playing right after ending the war and so a coalition hasn't formed yet (though it will, but according to tooltip no major powers will be joining it).

Now, what do I do with Rome? Do I just tank the diplomatic reputation and papal influence malus? Can I sell it back to the Pope and hope he doesn't remove it from HRE (he's chillin' in Avignon)?

Also, when does the event for PU with Hungary happen?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm really tempted to do a Genoa game, but everytime I've tried I've failed. How do you grab Granada before Castile gets their dainty hands all over it? Do you have to attempt Byzantium as quickly as possible?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How do you deal with an estate with low loyalty and disaster-high influence (80+)? If I remove territory, the disaster is averted but their loyalty keeps tanking, plus revolts, and if I add back they go over 80 again and start the disaster.

What's easier to deal with, the disaster or the endless revolts?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

canepazzo posted:

How do you deal with an estate with low loyalty and disaster-high influence (80+)? If I remove territory, the disaster is averted but their loyalty keeps tanking, plus revolts, and if I add back they go over 80 again and start the disaster.

Revolts are probably easier, unless you're out of manpower and money. The estate disasters costs a lot of monarch points to deal with if I remember correctly. I could be wrong of course.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

canepazzo posted:

Loyalty will come back on its own. I wouldn't risk the disaster unless there's a timed influence modifier that will expire before it can fire.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

canepazzo posted:

Avoid the disaster at all costs

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

canepazzo posted:

I am usually trying to leverage as much as I can from my Estates, especially early game. I have often ended up where I am close to the lovely Low Loyalty + High (80+) Influence combination, but I have somehow never gotten to a point where I have Low Loyalty AND High Influence. If I managed to get there I would let the disaster tick up for a while, while waiting for Loyalty to tick up to 50 (it always approaches 50, whether below or above). If at any point the loyalty got above 40 I would revoke the biggest possible province to get the influence down as far as I could, until the Disaster would be about to fire, then I would remove everything needed to get the disaster to stop ticking.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I am usually trying to leverage as much as I can from my Estates, especially early game. I have often ended up where I am close to the lovely Low Loyalty + High (80+) Influence combination, but I have somehow never gotten to a point where I have Low Loyalty AND High Influence. If I managed to get there I would let the disaster tick up for a while, while waiting for Loyalty to tick up to 50 (it always approaches 50, whether below or above). If at any point the loyalty got above 40 I would revoke the biggest possible province to get the influence down as far as I could, until the Disaster would be about to fire, then I would remove everything needed to get the disaster to stop ticking.

Forgot the third problem: removing a province puts them below the province demand, so loyalty doesn't tick up anymore. Or does it always revert towards 50, just slower?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Tsyni posted:

Definitely take Influence first, imo. Cheaper to vassalize, less aggressive expansion, and so on. Diplo is good too, but...diplo and influence are always good. I'd give Calais to Flanders (once you crush the English swine) and feed the rest of England to Flanders. Annex everyone else, unless Austria loses the emperorship and is replaced by a chump. If that happens then I'd keep Brabant around to feed them some of the HRE, or just take it for yourself. You'll have to play that part by ear because it's rare that Austria loses the emperorship in the opening years.

The main thing is to hurt France and keep on hurting them. Whether that means you take the English lands in France first, or ally with England to beat France down. It will depend on the opening alliance situation.

For other ideas I'd take defensive first, stack up that morale, then admin most likely.

You can do a colonial game as Burgundy which can be incredibly lucrative because you're going to want to move your capital to the lowlands/English Node already, and then steer trade there.

There isn't really a magic trick as them. They just have strong military ideas, +5% dicipline, +10% morale, plus their PU swarm is actually quite strong right off the bat.

Thanks. I tried roping Aragon into an alliance since I can get them into a war against France early by promising land, but I've done a handful of restarts and Aragon seems to always get into a big war with Castille before I can declare on France. Should I just wait that out, or am I just getting unlucky with Aragon getting attacked so early? How long is it safe to wait to attack France?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

canepazzo posted:

Forgot the third problem: removing a province puts them below the province demand, so loyalty doesn't tick up anymore. Or does it always revert towards 50, just slower?
That is a good question. I'm pretty sure the Loyalty Penalty for being below the province threshold means it will not tick up towards 50. Which means you are eating revolts.

Thankfully it is pretty hard to get into a situation that bad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

burgundy and the lower country boys + brittany are probably capable of knocking france around from the start. you should be able to grab austria too and then it's pretty much guaranteed. what's super important though is that you get as much as you can before Elan!

also if you can try to get france excommunicated

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

What is your actual trust level with them? (you can see on the same screen where you would see how many favors they owe you had you an alliance)

Returning core provinces to them with the "demand return of core" peace deal option will get you ~5-10 trust with them repeatably while giving them a province in a peace deal they dont have a core on gives ~5 trust non-repeatable

I dont know what the hard limit is but i've had nations accept alliance even with trust ~40 so if you can get your trust at least that high by returning cores or giving them provinces that'll work, otherwise tough.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hah, guess I overestimated Caravan Power bonuses: pulled in 167gpm in Lubeck with merchants chaining all the way from Ragusa, Crimea, and Kiev versus 176gpm with an additional merchant in Kazan. A poor showing from a poor idea group. Looks like the good old combo of Offensive + Defensive beats getting fancy!

On a semi-related note, adding the casualty counter to wars has revealed just how much of a monster I am. The amount of soldiers I lose every war to both battle (because they're not boosted enough) and attrition (because war exhaustion thumbs its nose at mercs dying) regularly outstrips my enemies :black101:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pressing the "France is dead, long live the New France" button as Burgundy is pretty satisfying!

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
I started a Brandenburg game and formed Prussia before I bought Rights of Man. I'd like to edit the save file to have the apparently new unique government that goes with it. But the text file is gibberish, and it says I can't uncompress it because I used a random new world. Am I screwed?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

What is your actual trust level with them? (you can see on the same screen where you would see how many favors they owe you had you an alliance)

Returning core provinces to them with the "demand return of core" peace deal option will get you ~5-10 trust with them repeatably while giving them a province in a peace deal they dont have a core on gives ~5 trust non-repeatable

I dont know what the hard limit is but i've had nations accept alliance even with trust ~40 so if you can get your trust at least that high by returning cores or giving them provinces that'll work, otherwise tough.

It was -1000 Trust. Eventually, apparently, they got over it and offered an Alliance to me. :shrug:

Works I guess.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

It was -1000 Trust. Eventually, apparently, they got over it and offered an Alliance to me. :shrug:

Works I guess.

"-1000 trust" is what you see when you're making an alliance as the negative modifier, Trust can only go down to 0 or as high as 100

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I need some tips for my Austria game. Despite having over 600hours in this game, this is the first time playing as Austria and I'm trying to unite HRE. It's 1488 and I managed to prevent Italy leaving just in the nick of time, by conquering a ton of Papal territory and acquiring some cool 90 points of AE. I'm going to release Urbino as a vassal instead of dealing with coring in Italy and any expansion is off the table for the next several decades. I stopped playing right after ending the war and so a coalition hasn't formed yet (though it will, but according to tooltip no major powers will be joining it).

Now, what do I do with Rome? Do I just tank the diplomatic reputation and papal influence malus? Can I sell it back to the Pope and hope he doesn't remove it from HRE (he's chillin' in Avignon)?

Also, when does the event for PU with Hungary happen?

Rome is only one province. You kept the Italian provinces in the HRE so you are fine.

Your next task as emperor is to preserve the religious unity, and make sure you keep 8 free cities and 7 electors.
Watch where the centers of reformation spawn. If it's an OPM, attack and force religion. If it spawns in bigger countries, try and take the province and convert it back.

Once you AE is down, expand into Eastern Europe and France to add provinces to the HRE for more authority.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bold Robot posted:

Thanks. I tried roping Aragon into an alliance since I can get them into a war against France early by promising land, but I've done a handful of restarts and Aragon seems to always get into a big war with Castille before I can declare on France. Should I just wait that out, or am I just getting unlucky with Aragon getting attacked so early? How long is it safe to wait to attack France?

oddium posted:

burgundy and the lower country boys + brittany are probably capable of knocking france around from the start. you should be able to grab austria too and then it's pretty much guaranteed. what's super important though is that you get as much as you can before Elan!

also if you can try to get france excommunicated

Yeah, even just Brittany is enough, but I like to have some insurance because hoping that 5 AI controlled armies are going to work together to do what you want is sometimes too much to ask.

As long as France doesn't eat the English lands in France you're doing ok. They don't exactly have a lot of room to expand either. The ideal situation is that they attack England and get bogged down a bit (England can usually land 20k troops at a time or so, but they often get wiped), you attack them and they have to peace with England without taking anything, then you take a chunk of France, and then go after England next or eventually.

AE can be a limiting factor, which is why I like to head into England.

I think you're getting unlucky with the Aragon-Castile wars. I mean, they do happen fairly often, but they can also start out and ally each other.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

TorakFade posted:

If you want to do constant war, the -0.05 monthly WE idea is amazing. I got Innovative as 3rd idea group and I never ever had WE since, always stuck at 0. Diplo points aren't the most valuable so reducing WE isn't a big deal most of the time, but even just forgetting about doing it leads to pretty nasty penalties and unrest.

I hear a lot of players say this, so I figure I must be playing the game much differently than most. I am always scraping for every diplo point I can get my grubby paws on. I decided to play my latest game as France, since I haven't played them in ages, and immediately royal married both Aragon and Castile since they both have old monarchs and both had no heir. Aragon's king died so I convince Castile to help me claim their throne and promise them land. We beat up Aragon and I force the union and get him and Naples, then Castile gets angry at me for not giving them land and breaks our alliance and rivals me. So then Aragon and I take a bunch of land from them and Portugal and I release Galicia and immediately vassalize them. Then I start taking the northern African provinces since Aragon is able to produce claims, eventually release Tripoli as a vassal and force convert them to Catholic so they can start coring and converting the non-coastal African provinces. At this time I notice that The Palatinate has a 65 year old ruler and no heir so I throw a Royal Marriage at them and end up with a union a few months later. I annex Galicia after feeding them some of Portugal and then annex Naples and then force vassalize Portugal and notice that Lucca will accept vassalization, so I do that too. I then notice that Brunswick has no heir and is in his mid 60s.

So it's around 1550 and I have Aragon, Portugal, The Palatinate, Brunswick, Tripoli and just married and allied a 62 year old heir-less Brandenburg who has conquered a good chunk of the NE HRE. I'm annexing Aragon because I need all of the valuable coastlands that he currently has and that's eating 6 diplo points a month while being 1 over my relations cap eats another and even with a 3 point advisor I am losing 1 point a month until I finish annexing Aragon (probably around 1570)

Diplo points are hard when you claim thrones and force unions.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 23, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

"-1000 trust" is what you see when you're making an alliance as the negative modifier, Trust can only go down to 0 or as high as 100

Huh, well that is not intuitive but good to know.

deathbagel posted:

I hear a lot of players say this, so I figure I must be playing the game much differently than most. I am always scraping for every diplo point I can get my grubby paws on. I decided to play my latest game as France, since I haven't played them in ages, and immediately royal married both Aragon and Castile since they both have old monarchs and both had no heir. Aragon's king died so I convince Castile to help me claim their throne and promise them land. We beat up Aragon and I force the union and get him and Naples, then Castile gets angry at me for not giving them land and breaks our alliance and rivals me. So then Aragon and I take a bunch of land from them and Portugal and I release Galicia and immediately vassalize them. Then I start taking the northern African provinces since Aragon is able to produce claims, eventually release Tripoli as a vassal and force convert them to Catholic so they can start coring and converting the non-coastal African provinces. At this time I notice that The Palatinate has a 65 year old ruler and no heir so I throw a Royal Marriage at them and end up with a union a few months later. I annex Galicia after feeding them some of Portugal and Naples and then force vassalize Portugal and notice that Lucca will accept vassalization, so I do that too. I then notice that Brunswick has no heir and is in his mid 60s.

So it's around 1550 and I have Aragon, Portugal, The Palatinate, Brunswick, Tripoli and just married and allied a 62 year old heir-less Brandenburg who has conquered a good chunk of the NE HRE. I'm annexing Aragon because I need all of the valuable coastlands that he currently has and that's eating 6 diplo points a month while being 1 over my relations cap eats another and even with a 3 point advisor I am losing 1 point a month until I finish annexing Aragon (probably around 1570)

I didn't know the Habsburgs posted in this thread.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

deathbagel posted:

I hear a lot of players say this, so I figure I must be playing the game much differently than most. I am always scraping for every diplo point I can get my grubby paws on.

Annex Vassal and PU integration is basically using diplo points instead of admin to core provinces. Probably safer when fiddling with the HRE, to be honest.

• Locked thread