Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Mike has the best/worst taste in movies

He's like Schrodinger's drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

SpaceAceJase posted:

Is Jay asexual?

yes

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think I prefer Candle Jack to Bye Bye Man.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

What about the other great Jack movies (Francis Ford Coppola's Jack, Simple Jack, Jack and Jill, Jack the Giant Killer, Jumping Jack Flash, etc.)

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

super sweet best pal posted:

As I was listening all I could think of is that they made a really lovely Candle Jack movie.

Also I really liked La La Land, but I did have some issue making out words in some of the songs, like the first one, and there was a lull in the amount of songs when more serious character stuff took over. I thought it was pretty funny at spots, which is something they didn't really touch on. I think their issues are fair, and I'm glad they liked the ending which I also liked. It reminded me, structurally, of parts in Singing in the Rain and An American in Paris and I really appreciated that structural reference. Specifically, the Gotta Dance pitch in the former and the daydream bit in the latter that are both fairly late scenes in both movies.

CaptainFish fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 23, 2017

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
La La Land is a very good film and I loving hated it because I think I have become intolerant toward getting jerked around in movies. The way they shift from real-world colors to bright-rear end primary colors when the songs kick up is fuckin great though. Like everything about that movie is so good, I just don't gently caress with emotional manipulation anymore.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
pretty amazing that they would say bye bye man is worse than flyin' ryan

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ScrubLeague posted:

La La Land is a very good film and I loving hated it because I think I have become intolerant toward getting jerked around in movies. The way they shift from real-world colors to bright-rear end primary colors when the songs kick up is fuckin great though. Like everything about that movie is so good, I just don't gently caress with emotional manipulation anymore.

Especially if they don't actually earn those emotions. If it is manipulative and nonsensical it takes a bit away from the movie. It was well made but...yeah. Another major problem is that it is a musical that has no catchy numbers. They might be fun in the moment, but if you don't leave the theater with at least one song in your head, the musical has failed as a musical.

Take the music out of the film. Take the dancing out of the film. Fill those segments in with more plot and you have a better film. Especially that idiotic ending. For that to pay off, it needs a couple scenes that will finish that arc. Just ending an arc with no beginning is not fair to the audience.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
He has more bags under his...eyes...than...an airliner...

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
redlettermedia really makes my day with every new video. i am happy they continue to release good content. i hope everyone has a nice day.

:thumbsup:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dreezy posted:

redlettermedia really makes my day with every new video. i am happy they continue to release good content. i hope everyone has a nice day.

:thumbsup:

which 12 makes u more hornaey

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
Apparently the content of the entire intro was improvved spur of the moment.

For some reason I thought they at least talked about the major beats before filming.

I'm an idiot

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

It's gonna be like the Artist where it gets insane hype for a few months, wins a poo poo load of awards and then is totally forgotten about in six months time and never mentioned again.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's gonna be like the Artist where it gets insane hype for a few months, wins a poo poo load of awards and then is totally forgotten about in six months time and never mentioned again.

Hollywood loves movies where they suck Hollywoods dick.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I Am A Robot posted:

Apparently the content of the entire intro was improvved spur of the moment.

For some reason I thought they at least talked about the major beats before filming.

I'm an idiot

Explains why they used archive footage of Plinkett eating burgers.
But it was pretty obvious that stuff like Jay correcting Mike on intricacies of gay marriage was improvised.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

Mike has the best/worst taste in movies

He's like Schrodinger's drunk

Musicals are good.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Randarkman posted:

Musicals are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abn6cPxrc5w

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I literally can't believe I've seen a film worse than Assassin's Creed this month

indeed

Which video is this from? I don't remember this at all what the hell

edit: ok I'm dumb it's from the Her ep

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 23, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Are they color grading Mike's hands?

Jesus christ they look like he's been soaking them in Ribena overnight.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i bet if you shake his hand you'll leave an imprint for like a minute while he looks at you and chuckles knowingly

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Star Wars news: Episode 8 is called "The Last Jedi".

LIGHTSABERRRRRRS

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully that means this will be the last movie then.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rei: You mean you're going to train me to be the last Jedi?

Luke: No, you're cool and special and ready. I have nothing more to teach you.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Hopefully that means this will be the last movie then.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
Episode 9 will be "A New Jedi", followed by "Last Strike of the First Order" and then, gently caress I don't know, "Something Beyond", or "Star Wars: Resurrection" staring Moblon Morpon as Blam Supplebutt.

Honestly I'm just glad they're staying away from "Verb of the Noun" titles.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I fell for this before with Avatar, they say this now, but in a few years there'll be tons of them dancing around on their flying buffalo.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Randarkman posted:

Musicals are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwNTSj2Cy0

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I hope there's lots of cool merch for me to purchase and gaze at

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Star Wars Ep. XIII: Give Us Your loving Money, You Retarded Nerds, We Are Not Even Trying Anymore

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

The Archaic posted:

"Star Wars: Resurrection" staring Moblon Morpon as Blam Supplebutt.

Followed by Star Wars: Revelations, Star Wars: The Final Chapter, and Star Wars: Armageddon

Star Wars: Droids in the Hood

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zahgaegun posted:

I hope there's lots of cool merch for me to purchase and gaze at

Apparently Rogue One toys didn't sell very well, so they aren't going to make any toys for Episode 8.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Haha I just noticed with the LA La Bye Mland video in the youtube thumbnail they both have black dripping eyes, that's great!

e: It's not surprising the toys did poo poo because of big missteps in the movie. Like getting one of the tallest actresses around and then covering her the entire time in a dumb shiny costume that tries to live up to but falls well below the mark with stuff like Borba Fett's armor. Plus all she does is stride around and talk through modulation. WHY EVEN CAST HER EXCEPT FOR THE VOICE? I mean they even have a point of reference with the original production with Darth Vader/JEJj. It was simply for social media and poo poo that they cast a strong woman in the role. Oh wait this is all about TFA and I haven't even seen Rogue One. Move along.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 23, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the hottest toys these days are viduagames
they need to poo poo out a million of those imo

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Zzulu posted:

the hottest toys these days are viduagames
they need to poo poo out a million of those imo

They've shot so many wads already that they're gonna get dehydrated

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Apparently Rogue One toys didn't sell very well, so they aren't going to make any toys for Episode 8.

Not much of a market for characters that couldn't even survive one movie.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

What we need is a Dune remake. Overpriced Dune toys. Dune commercial tie-ins featuring sick kids in hospitals. They could make a Dune inspired Mt Dew(ne) flavor called The Water of Life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We need a Dune Cinematic Universe. Dune films every year. Endless Trash.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The trash must flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want a Warhammer 40,000 cinematic universe.

• Locked thread