Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Schadenfreude Thread: I want to see people suffer here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBrXErFMfR8

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Hahaha god drat :wtc:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It really goes to show that fart humor is all about the presentation.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Chromatic posted:

yep, i think since he horrendously tore something in both shoulders it damaged his ability to let go. i think.

maybe some medical goons could chime in and explain why

I did something very similar when I was pushed down a steep hill back when I was in 7th grade. My arm didn't dislocate properly, I just tore all the muscles around my right shoulder. It must have dislocated and then popped back in on it's own I suppose. My whole right side locked up and I couldn't control it until the real pain started. It took about a minute before I could see straight. After about an hour, it started hurting for real. They still made me finish school that day.

All because a kid thought I stole his gym shoes. I was having a petty feud with him, but I didn't take his shoes. Now, nearly 30 years later, I have constant back and neck pain. Over a shoe.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

mostlygray posted:

I did something very similar when I was pushed down a steep hill back when I was in 7th grade. My arm didn't dislocate properly, I just tore all the muscles around my right shoulder. It must have dislocated and then popped back in on it's own I suppose. My whole right side locked up and I couldn't control it until the real pain started. It took about a minute before I could see straight. After about an hour, it started hurting for real. They still made me finish school that day.

All because a kid thought I stole his gym shoes. I was having a petty feud with him, but I didn't take his shoes. Now, nearly 30 years later, I have constant back and neck pain. Over a shoe.

Should have just taken the shoes at that point.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Did you at least break every bone in his body, if not the bones of everyone he's ever loved?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tacodaemon posted:

Only "True Threats" (this is a legal term with a legal definition) are actually unlawful, but the Secret Service has this thing they like to do where they use official intimidation to chill free speech by going out in person to "interview" people who said things about the president even if the Secret Service knows perfectly well that the statements are not true threats. You can always identify people on the Internet who don't take free speech seriously if they talk excitedly about the Secret Service "having a talk with" people who were obviously not making true threats.

Then again, Trump is so touchy that he might actually scour the Internet for people making casual assassination remarks and send the Secret Service after them out of spite.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Then again, Trump is so touchy that he might actually scour the Internet for people making casual assassination remarks and send the Secret Service after them out of spite.

Don't be silly. He'll pay someone to do it for him.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

chitoryu12 posted:

*intern copies and pastes chitoryu12 into a document*

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcuRPzB4RNc

Viral marketing for the new Ring movie, but I'll take it. I think it was made by the same people as the dudes who did that Carrie one, with the telekinetic girl in the cafe.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GrandpaPants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcuRPzB4RNc

Viral marketing for the new Ring movie, but I'll take it. I think it was made by the same people as the dudes who did that Carrie one, with the telekinetic girl in the cafe.

LOL. Actually touching people was kind of dumb though. While most people jump back, some people reflexively strike out when they get startled. Lady could easily have gotten decked.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Slime posted:

Don't be silly. He'll pay someone to do it for him.

It'd be a bigger shock if he actually paid a contractor tbh

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Facebook Aunt posted:

LOL. Actually touching people was kind of dumb though. While most people jump back, some people reflexively strike out when they get startled. Lady could easily have gotten decked.

Yes, if it wasn't staged, that could have happened.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Apologies for FB video URL, I couldn't find it on YouTube. Friend-on-friend physical pranks. Many nutsacks are harmed.

https://www.facebook.com/thesexymess/videos/1188822161225320/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Subjunctive posted:

Apologies for FB video URL, I couldn't find it on YouTube. Friend-on-friend physical pranks. Many nutsacks are harmed.

There are some hosed up videos further along on that page: cats being burned alive, people giving themselves facial piercings with scissors, etc..

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There are some hosed up videos further along on that page: cats being burned alive, people giving themselves facial piercings with scissors, etc..

Oh poo poo, I just copied the video URL and didn't look at the context. That poo poo needs reporting, too.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Subjunctive posted:

You and your friends sure look like a wacky bunch!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Super drunk cop gets arrested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6HvvPC2hL0

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That was incredible.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"I'm not resisting, just let me go. " Amazing.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Huh, so apparently FailArmy just got booted from Youtube.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Catpain Slack posted:

In the end, the real schadenfreude came from them

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Catpain Slack posted:

I know it's a pretty dumb and clickbait-y channel but what did they...

Youtube posted:

terminated due to multiple or severe violations

what :stare:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Super drunk in this case is actually a specific definition of a BAL above .17, how far above?

quote:

registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.28 and 0.27

Your Computer posted:

I know it's a pretty dumb and clickbait-y channel but what did they...

what :stare:

apparently they were really clickbaity.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Maybe they didn't get permission for some videos they used?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kurieg posted:

apparently they were really clickbaity.

Is that really the reason? They seem to have high tolerance for that in general.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Youtube recently got really weird about videos that promote "bullying" or any videos that might result in hurt feelings. I imagine not all the submitted clips were from people who consented to being laughed at on youtube, and that was probably enough. Would love to know the specifics though.

Also the thumbnail for almost every failblog video is boobs which is eye-rolling clickbaity as hell.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Also remember that Youtube's complaint system is stacked pretty heavily against a channel. If you get a copyright complaint against your channel and win the adjudication process, that ding still counts against you. You can be kicked off Youtube for copyright issues even if you win every complaint against you.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My daughter is going to be so disappointed. :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

`Nemesis posted:

Also remember that Youtube's complaint system is stacked pretty heavily against a channel. If you get a copyright complaint against your channel and win the adjudication process, that ding still counts against you. You can be kicked off Youtube for copyright issues even if you win every complaint against you.

Nope, i had a copyright strike against me for some God of War 3 footage, not from Sony though, from some random Taiwanese TV station. I fought the strike and it was removed from my record.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

`Nemesis posted:

Yeah thats not completely right. I mean the part where the deck is stacked against channels is correct, because the burden of proof is on the defendant as far as Google is concerned, but strikes get removed.

GWBBQ posted:

Maybe they didn't get permission for some videos they used?

This is likely the case. It doesn't matter if somebody got their feelings hurt over it, FailArmy was making money off people and I really doubt they got the OK to even do so from them. It's one thing for someone to put their dumb mistakes in the public eye on their own terms, and another for somebody to take that video and market it as their own.

Skaw has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Jan 23, 2017

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Give that man a job in the Trump administration. He'd be a very good fit.

If he kept his little filibustering routine up for another 22 hours, his BAC would have been fine.

mcbexx has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Jan 23, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Is the schadenfreude that anyone other than a cop would not have been treated with kid gloves for 20 minutes?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

cakesmith handyman posted:

Is the schadenfreude that anyone other than a cop would not have been treated with kid gloves for 20 minutes?

Lol have you ever even see a sovereign citizen son? Half the time the cops in these videos have the patience of saints.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rough Lobster posted:

Lol have you ever even see a sovereign citizen son? Half the time the cops in these videos have the patience of saints.

And the other half add to the "died resisting arrest no funnily enough you can't see my bodycam footage" statistics.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

usually only with the white ones though

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Fail Army was the best of the Ow My Balls channels, this is bullshit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cakesmith handyman posted:

20 minutes really isn't excessively patient. And when you're dealing with someone who is drunk and acting like a toddler (but not violent) being impatient or aggressive is just going to escalate the situation instead of resolve it. Looks like those were good cops acting exactly the way cops are supposed to act. Good for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Catpain Slack posted:

Is it though? Videos from them seem to load just fine.

Also, a couple of hours ago it seemed that the WatchMojo channel was also booted for the same stuff as FailArmy, and yet that channel works fine again.