Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
How effective is Divine Ruination's holy resistance debuff? I basically slogged through the 200 torment with nobody dealing water damage except Tidus with his BSB and still mastered it, but I feel like I'd have a much easier time on the 250 level if I just brought Agrias and built a holy team around her and Celes, and Minfilia, with Lenna's reraise/medica and Y'shtola being a native wall/backup healer.

I had the same basic party the first time but instead of Agrias and Celes I ran Alphinaud with a Deployment Tactics to punish Geosgano for his AoE spam and Tidus for his water attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How it's supposed to work is it'll always use the most damaging option, so like if your Raines is wearing holy boost equipment and the enemy is neutral to both it should use the boosted Holy. This is good to pay attention to if you're using something like Meltdown which has 3 elements you can boost independently, if you have like one fire boost and one wind boost they kinda compete with each other

I had no idea. So assuming neutral resist and a dark boosting weapon, I would expect a damage increase from a dark boosting armor, but not a holy one. But against dark resist, holy boosting would help with the same attack. Kind of academic considering my relic pool is pretty shallow at the moment, but I will keep that in mind, thanks.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Are these Rikku relics any good? Got both her BSB and SSB on an 11 pull (got 2x Paine's glove too)

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Trying to work around some of this event's Sin bosses that start at long range has me thinking: Why haven't we seen a RM that makes that character's attacks Long Range? It's a gimmick that comes up often enough for it to be useful, and FFVII had a materia that did just that, so it's not even unprecedented.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fridge corn posted:

Are these Rikku relics any good? Got both her BSB and SSB on an 11 pull (got 2x Paine's glove too)

They're both pretty solid, and Rikku is an insanely versatile character. (Think Faris tier on abilities, if not weapons).

The BSB is a very rare imperil water, which, if you have Tidus's BSB or OSB, grats on the killer combo, and if not, works great with shooter skills if nothing else (Sapphire Shot is widely underrated around here. It's real good.) And it's command two is basically Mug Bloodlust. Which is great!

Her SSB is an ATK/Res mug which is an extremely rare debuff and buff, so tons of stacking potential.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

They're both pretty solid, and Rikku is an insanely versatile character. (Think Faris tier on abilities, if not weapons).

The BSB is a very rare imperil water, which, if you have Tidus's BSB or OSB, grats on the killer combo, and if not, works great with shooter skills if nothing else (Sapphire Shot is widely underrated around here. It's real good.) And it's command two is basically Mug Bloodlust. Which is great!

Her SSB is an ATK/Res mug which is an extremely rare debuff and buff, so tons of stacking potential.

Sapphire shot has a permanent place on my Tidus. Also his OSB weapon never comes off which helps - thanks to the water boost and 6* weapons having really good stats there's not much reason to ever switch it out. Also worth mentioning Rikku has like, 5* dancer, bard, machinist, thief, celerity. She'll always have something to do with her 2 slots so a burst is great

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Yeah the one thing I really find myself wishing Rikku had is Shooter 5. But Hydroburst is a real solid everyday AoE, so she's got that.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
My FFX synergy is not terribly good and I am pretty tempted to pull on one of these banners. Is it worth it? Or should I save for upcoming banners?

(I have 150 Mythril and I plan a pull on the Summoner NIghtmare banner. I'm probably not going to pull on FFT, as tempting as it is, because my FFT synergy is already top notch.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

My FFX synergy is not terribly good and I am pretty tempted to pull on one of these banners. Is it worth it? Or should I save for upcoming banners?

(I have 150 Mythril and I plan a pull on the Summoner NIghtmare banner. I'm probably not going to pull on FFT, as tempting as it is, because my FFT synergy is already top notch.)

If one relic can make the difference for you to finish a CM then maybe. If you're further off than that, these banners are merely okay, maybe wait for the next FFX event.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The new Ultima Weapon raids are free to reverse wall. I was able to beat both on the first try with random pubbies. All I did was bring Faris BSB and Fang's Highwind and then gave them meter building abilities to just do it over and over.

Even on the 200 diff fight, Ultimate Ultima did like 1100 damage. We had a Beatrix for damage and a Vanille BSB to heal while everyone else durdled around and we only lost one character.

Only frustrating thing were the Tryos that kept using Full Break right after I had just finished firing off Beryl Serpent :argh:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Yeah that second anniversary isn't too far away at this point. I think unless you feel strongly about any single banner you see between now and then, you might as well hold off as most of the best relics should be up again anyway.

How's your overall armory? Can you finish most of the U++ content at this point without synergy? Personally I've been lucky with the trinity for my banner pulls which has allowed me to start finishing just about any event banner since I've gathered it, which has given me the leeway to not pull on any meh banner.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Trying to work around some of this event's Sin bosses that start at long range has me thinking: Why haven't we seen a RM that makes that character's attacks Long Range? It's a gimmick that comes up often enough for it to be useful, and FFVII had a materia that did just that, so it's not even unprecedented.

Noel from XIII-2 has that as his RM for breaking his second level cap, but it only applies to the actual Attack command and not any abilities you have, at least as far as I'm aware.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah that second anniversary isn't too far away at this point. I think unless you feel strongly about any single banner you see between now and then, you might as well hold off as most of the best relics should be up again anyway.

How's your overall armory? Can you finish most of the U++ content at this point without synergy? Personally I've been lucky with the trinity for my banner pulls which has allowed me to start finishing just about any event banner since I've gathered it, which has given me the leeway to not pull on any meh banner.

My armory is pretty fantastic overall and I can usually crush the U++ stuff. Just CMs that tend to give me problems in some realms. I'll probably just hoard my mythril until something that really catches my eye comes along.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally got a OSB to hit for 99,999 thanks to Death Throes and Shout. It landing right before Kuja's SSB on Beatrix killed her before a single Climhazzard.

Really good feeling to finally pull that off.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ult++ Tidus is so bloody easy. For dps I ran Alph/Seymour/Papa with a Cid Raines RW. Papa used Leylines, Seymour popped his bsb and Alph/Papa used the RW. Arc with robe ssb healing and nulling 1 phys attack, Tyro with wall and full break/power breakdown. Tidus didn't stand a chance, I burst him down in a handful of turns tops.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
He's as bad as a boss as he is a character. :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ETB posted:

But Tidus is real good? Powerchain Full Charge continues to be extremely legit and Sapphire Shot and his BSB and OSB are phenomenal.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

Ult++ Tidus is so bloody easy. For dps I ran Alph/Seymour/Papa with a Cid Raines RW. Papa used Leylines, Seymour popped his bsb and Alph/Papa used the RW. Arc with robe ssb healing and nulling 1 phys attack, Tyro with wall and full break/power breakdown. Tidus didn't stand a chance, I burst him down in a handful of turns tops.

he also doesn't spam AoE attacks like Beatrix/Steiner did.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.
I can't beat the stupid Sinspawns ugh

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ETB posted:

Tidus more like TIDioUS amirite

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I sure wish it was Thursday night already :negative:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
What is up with Sanctuary Keeeper's Ultimate Photon Wing? It shouldn't pierce defense, so why is it doing 2k+ through Protect and Wall? How am I supposed to do a CM where I need three breakdown's and Wakka is the only character with Support 4+?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ZiegeDame posted:

What is up with Sanctuary Keeeper's Ultimate Photon Wing? It shouldn't pierce defense, so why is it doing 2k+ through Protect and Wall? How am I supposed to do a CM where I need three breakdown's and Wakka is the only character with Support 4+?

Full Break, Magic Breakdown, and mitigation/Banishing Strike is plenty.

Alternately, Rikku can dance and FFX has a surprisingly large number of break/down SB's, including a number of fairly rare stat combos for stacking.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 23, 2017

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

ZiegeDame posted:

Going by https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5p1hqi/x_a_dream_for_spira_enemy_stats_and_ai/dcs84da/, it doesn't have the pierce defense property, so it just hits really hard. You'd think a 320% damage attack wouldn't hurt that much, but SK's attack stat goes up by about 50/80 in Weak/Very Weak form respectively, as well as him having a 30% chance of using it every turn beyond his forced moves. Add onto that the status effects and, well, he's just a bastard-coated bastard in bastard sauce.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ugh I'm so used to just rolling raids with pubbies and for some reason this one is giving me a headache. Why is it so hard to find a decent team all of a sudden, everyone is running Tyros and Y'Shtolas without walls and terrible DPS characters. And when I do find a party with a Wall the raid leader for some reason decides we need 3 of them and only 1 healer, which goes well until he enters danger phase and starts making GBS threads huge AoE every singe turn.

I should just be raid leader I guess, but it feels like such a waste of stamina.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Or just join goon discord and ask for help. We did the 160 and 200 fights with no issues whatsoever last night.

As a matter of fact if you catch me on (sometime after 730 cst) I will help. I have Cid bsb and hope osb/bsb, the mp melts to those two.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I've had really good luck with raids ever since getting Minfilia and Lenna BSB's - having 2 layers of backup in case you get bonked by AoE is real nice and can help you carry a weaker party.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ugh I'm so used to just rolling raids with pubbies and for some reason this one is giving me a headache. Why is it so hard to find a decent team all of a sudden, everyone is running Tyros and Y'Shtolas without walls and terrible DPS characters. And when I do find a party with a Wall the raid leader for some reason decides we need 3 of them and only 1 healer, which goes well until he enters danger phase and starts making GBS threads huge AoE every singe turn.

I should just be raid leader I guess, but it feels like such a waste of stamina.

There are benefits to leading raids. I personally need greens so it's always nice for me to get some randomly. The biggest benefit to the stamina expense is the power to pick your team by kicking losers out.

And yeah the goon discord is amazing and awesome. The only raid I've needed help with was Barthandelus and goons got me through that one. As others have said, being able to coordinate specific setups with people who know what they're doing is a godsend.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wasn't feeling confident after failing the Geo Cid Mission, but I punched Sanctuary Keeper in the stomach pretty good. Helped that I have miracle veil and then used OK BSB on Braska for damage and had him also as my second healer. drat that Geosagano or whatever it is

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Holy poo poo, Tidus took me way longer than it should have.

I dont have poo poo for a mage team so I couldn't take advantage of his dark weakness very well (I bet Cid BSB wrecks him like everything else), so I just went in with my standard physical team. Ouch. It took me about an hour of attempts to get to turn two. He kept doing Attack->3hit on the same character over and over.

I switched to Greg BSB RW and Tauntaliated, which led to him spamming AoE on me over and over again. After about 90 minutes of this he finally did a streak where he fell into the Tauntaliate trap consistently and I got rolling and dropped him.

...and experted it because my WateGod Tidus decided to hit him for 99999 with his OSB when I was setting up to clear the mastery and finish the fight :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

1st AD posted:

I've had really good luck with raids ever since getting Minfilia and Lenna BSB's - having 2 layers of backup in case you get bonked by AoE is real nice and can help you carry a weaker party.

I did this exact thing with the MP fights this time around. :v:

Bonus points in that Lenna can nuke the everloving poo poo out of Ultima Weapon with her command 1 thanks to her BSB self-buffing her MND to ridiculous amounts and Ultima Weapon being weak to Holy. We had a Raines BSB around and my Lenna was doing damage just shy of him. It was great. :getin:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I don't really use Minfilia normally but she's been great for MP so far due to her versatility. With her SSB, BSB and fantastic skill set she can cover respectable damage, full support, guts, proshellga, boostga, and even pinch healing to a minor extent. Really helps for joining random teams not knowing what others are bringing since it's easier to switch two skills around than add/equip a whole different character.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Today I went from not having done the Airship battle in the current event to having cleared all the battles besides the Weapon Raid Battles. But those will have to wait, as now I need to head to the realm dungeon to get the latest update done. Hoping to have all important non-Torment stuff done before Orlandeau happens.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I need some friggin 4* Wisdom motes - wanna give Black 5* to Alphinaud and Quistis since I have their BSB's.

This time I'm gonna gently caress up that stupid Kaiser Dragon for realsies :mad:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Decided to pull since I had gems + a balance from google surveys, pulled on banner 1 for an attempt at more synergy.

3/11 - Yuna's BSB2, Seymour's BSB, Braska's mag buff SSB

So, I think my mage team is set for a long while now, jesus christ. Plus I should have plenty of tools to take down this torment.

I now have:

BSBs: Cid, Hope, Seymour, Maria
OSB: Hope, Terra
Mag buffs: Krile, Braska, Yuna

Combo fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 24, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Wow all these single-stage boss fights in the newest dungeon update are incredibly generous for such a crunch-time moment for me. Now I just need to figure out how to not refresh inefficiently come tomorrow morning. Probably will need to run Tuesdaily a little bit. There's also Nightmare stuff tomorrow; I need to unlock Meltdown for Vivi for god sakes, been too lazy about that. Hopefully I figure out a good strategy for the battle to make it as painless as possible, despite the whole resetting nonsense.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Went and rammed my head against D250 Geosgaeno; got him down to about 30%. Honestly, that's not too bad for not having native Wall or Shout/Sheepsong. I feel like I can almost quite do it (Vessel of Fate RW can almost last half his bar if I time everything right), it's just juggling all my debuffs and keeping up with the healing.

Honestly Eiko's Record Sphere cannot come fast enough, she needs that extra health.

EDIT: Got him to 2%, might have killed him if he hadn't killed Auron at that last second. I might swap Alphinaud out for Cloud or Luneth, they synergize better with my mostly physical team. Plus I can probably RW Shout instead of VoF, I'll just have to hone up Break Blade instead to handle the big trash mobs.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 24, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Went and rammed my head against D250 Geosgaeno; got him down to about 30%. Honestly, that's not too bad for not having native Wall or Shout/Sheepsong. I feel like I can almost quite do it (Vessel of Fate RW can almost last half his bar if I time everything right), it's just juggling all my debuffs and keeping up with the healing.

Honestly Eiko's Record Sphere cannot come fast enough, she needs that extra health.

EDIT: Got him to 2%, might have killed him if he hadn't killed Auron at that last second. I might swap Alphinaud out for Cloud or Luneth, they synergize better with my mostly physical team. Plus I can probably RW Shout instead of VoF, I'll just have to hone up Break Blade instead to handle the big trash mobs.

If you've got eggs and an MC3 to spare, Mustadio's level 99 RM is really good for Torment trash. It actually has a higher chance to petrify than Break Blade!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah, break blade is kinda hot poo poo in the bad way. Are they imkune to instant death? Cloud or auron can use iae strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah, break blade is kinda hot poo poo in the bad way. Are they imkune to instant death? Cloud or auron can use iae strike.

They're only vulnerable to Petrify and Blind.

Got him in the end, a couple close calls and timing errors but it's done, I can put up my team if people like but it's fairly specific so I'm not sure how much people would benefit unless they really want to see a Wall-less win.

• Locked thread